The Dark Knight Rises How did you feel after your first viewing of TDKR?

joker1524

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ive seen the movie 4 times in its first weekend and will watch it a few more times but i must say when i left the theatre after my first viewing of TDKR i had many mixed emotions...none of them were about the quality of the film but more about when i saw the end credits and i heard ppl say " oh i cant wait for the 4th part" it brought my mood from satisfaction and enjoyment to a moment of just feeling down because i knew that its truly the last time i would see a new nolan batman film...did any of u guys feel the same as the film concluded?

I'm a bit confused whether I liked the movie or not and can't exactly say what I felt after watching TDKR. Bane's prologue voice bugged the hell out of me.

I had a fair amount of issues with this movie after the first viewing. But like a lot of other people seeing it a 2nd time made them less bothersome. However, they still remain regardless of how many times I see it.

I had mixed emotions as well, but everything disappeared after my second viewing. I absolutely loved it.

If I'm being honest...? Frustrated.

I felt a little confused. Mostly as to why I wasn't threw the roof as I was with TDK.

On my third viewing I was completely satisfied with the movie. This Batman deserved that ending. It's not the comics, and he can't go at it forever.

Disappointed. The script was really mediocre. From a scripting standpoint, it was Nolan's worst.

My first viewing was a massive disappointment. I was highly conflicted between what I loved and what I thought were some really bad decisions made by Nolan and Co. I would say after my first viewing I thought the bad outweighed the good.

Second viewing went better than I ever could have thought. The incredibly bad pacing issued I perceived the first time almost completely disappeared, with a few exceptions here and there that bother me still after 3 viewings. Regardless I still was able to truly enjoy it the second time. I actually felt (most) of the film breathe and found the good definitely outweighed the bad and than I even saw it a third time and loved it again. I plan to see it once more before it leaves theaters, probably in IMAX again.

I liked it in the first viewing and when I watched it second time, I liked it a little less.

Rating I thought for the first viewing :8.5 / 10.

Rating for the second viewing: 8 /10.

Still a very satisfying end to trilogy.

Liked it the first time but I think I liked it a little bit more on second viewing since I could pay more attention to the details because I knew what to look for.

The ending is terrific, the first hour and 45 minutes is a bit disappointing. Overall it's a solid effort and I left satisfied. Upon subsequent viewings the flaws come out more but it's a solid film.

I left it feeling overwhelmed, but a little disappointed that everything panned out as I expected it to.

It's weird that some people say the flaws come out more after repeat viewings and than others, like myself, say the first time it felt incredibly flawed but less so with subsequent viewings.

I just rolled with the punches the first time I watched it. For my second viewing, I definitely had a more critical eye and could catch some of the more outstanding cliches and plot holes that I don't think will disappear with subsequent viewings.

It's weird that some people say the flaws come out more after repeat viewings and than others, like myself, say the first time it felt incredibly flawed but less so with subsequent viewings.

It's a combination for me. At my 2nd viewing, the pacing appeared better and I got hit by the emotional parts more but at the same time, the story issues became more apparent to me.

I felt very conflicted and shocked that i was conflicted, i was also shocked that i had dry eyes as I was a mess after TDK... There were no surprises or twists I didnt already know and i tried to avoid spoilers.

My 2nd viewing I thoroughly enjoyed it more cause i left my BS at the door.... 3rd viewing was even better... there are a lot of details to pick up on in this and Bale and Hardy's performances get better every time!

Slightly disappointed by the ending but extremely satisfied. Soon as I walked out thought to myself "that was my favorite batman movie".

My neck hurt- I was on the front row.

But I was pretty exhilarated after that last 30 minutes, that was one of the best action sequences I can remember seeing.

Same feeling I had after TDK; let down, disappointed and underwhelmed.

I've been itching to write my review, but I'm reserving my full judgment until I see it again tomorrow night. I know many have said its better the 2nd time around, but we'll see.

I'm a bit confused whether I liked the movie or not and can't exactly say what I felt after watching TDKR. Bane's prologue voice bugged the hell out of me.

^ THIS. Plus the guy next to me kept biting his f'in nails even though I told him to stop. I still don't know if I love or hate the movie, so it's a bit mixed.

I left thinking "Man, that Blake is so going to get killed on his first night out.".

I liked it a lot, but at the same time I wasn't yearning for another film at all. Hell, I wasn't really yearning for another Nolan Bat film after TDK either. I think he has more to offer the world than comic book sequels. I look forward to a new version of Batman, hopefully more in line with the comics and Animated Series. I would love it if Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were given producer roles for the reboot.

I felt a bit disappointed with the results, to be honest. But I also admit that all the hype/anticipation may have spoiled it a bit taking away much of the element of surprise in thee actual storyline. I'm trying to imagine how much better it would have played if, for example, we didn't know Batman was going to lose his first fight and be put away in that prison. But even with that, I still don't think it matched the kind of twists and visceral intensity of TDK, which many of us also followed and anticipated highly....and knew Dent would become Two-Face, and knew Rachel was going to die, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"