The Dark Knight Rises How did you feel after your first viewing of TDKR?

Exhausted, mostly. :funny: Part of that was because I'd sat through the whole Dark Knight marathon that night, but it actually was largely due to this film. It's a lot of movie - and yet it's also arguably not long enough. I did know that I loved the movie, I did know I thought it was great, but I had reservations about some things. Batman sort of grooming someone to take up the mantle after him and Bruce faking his death and moving on, with Selina, those were things that didn't sit entirely right with me, but only because they were so much more hopeful than I'm accustomed to. I knew this was the right ending for this story, though. And I was very relieved that this trilogy concluded so nicely.

Mixed emotions.

During the first 75% I thought it was good but many of the tricks
Nolan uses regularly in his movies (Batman movies included naturally)
are getting predictable.

Then the ending. [BLACKOUT]If you're going to kill Batman, then kill
him. The 'oh no, he never actually died' thing is way too old, not to
mention that the very LAST thing Batman would do is what he finally
did. And Batman "dying" by an atomic bomb? It didn't match the
character at all.[/BLACKOUT]

So I felt actually dissapointed even when I found most of the movie good.

I felt like I had watched one of the greatest films ever made.

I explained my disappointed in the trailers ruining he final fight scene's suspense.

I felt that the first two were still better. Even so, this is still one of my favorites, and I was glad that a superhero movie had a good conclusion.

Myself, I felt a full and resounding "meh" I don't understand why I didn't like it so much, but I did. Which is a surprise, since Batman is my favorite comIc book hero.

I've been told that it gets better with multiple viewings, so I'll do that. I know I felt the same with X-Men - First Class and now I love that movie, so maybe another viewing of Dark Knight Rises will help.

Here's hopin'

pissed off because 20 or so people kept walking in and out of the theatre so it was hard to get into it so by the time the "big reveal and cheesy death" scenes happened it blew my fuse haha. I was real close to yelling "Sit the f*** down this isnt Twilight!!!"

Luckily that didnt happen during my second viewing...everyone sat still :)

Hungry :woot: and bit sad that it is probably over for the Nolan Batman universe. Even more sad because he left it so open for us but probably still wont continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"