How do You Feel About a Fox Doctor Doom Film?

Willie Lumpkin

Trophy Husband
Reaction score
I want to keep this simple, so I'm only offering two choices. You may not completely agree with either choice, but please try to choose the one that best characterizes your feelings and you can explain below (people won't be able to see how you voted ).

*Edit* For those who haven't heard, Noah Hawley announced at Comic Con that he was developing. No information was provided beyond that.

Last edited:
No interest in anything FF associated thats stuck on a remote isolation island. The one lone property that can't be affiliated with anything else Marvel is actually the best damn one suited for it. Doomed for failure.

Only interested in this because of Noah Hawley should've been a poll option.

Well like I said, I wanted to keep it simple. It will be interesting to see if a group of comic book fans will give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Maybe instead of boycotting we should start a fan campaign to have Hawley's film be in the MCU. That way it's a positive idea instead of negative idea and positive in a personal way. We don't want Hawley getting death threats but Fox needs to get the message.

Fox is like an investor who keeps throwing money into bad stocks that make him lose millions, and he doesn't learn from his mistakes. What makes Fox think that since they can't make a good FF movie, they can do it with a solo movie featuring a villain who will be fighting...himself? There has already been movies done where the antagonist is the main character, and they haven't succeed. Doctor Doom in the comics has never been a sympathetic character, unlike Magneto, and I think this will turn into yet another BO failure.

Maybe instead of boycotting we should start a fan campaign to have Hawley's film be in the MCU. That way it's a positive idea instead of negative idea and positive in a personal way. We don't want Hawley getting death threats but Fox needs to get the message.

I would be excited no matter where Hawley's film would land but FFS.
This fandom needs to get a grip.

Gutted. This is a fim that i could really get excited if it was part of the mcu with the perfect guy behind it. But it's with fox.

My general answer is, "I don't care," but since I'm not very interested I guess I'll have to go with #2.

I'm excited for it. Also, given the MCU's track record with villains, I'm glad it's on the other side of the fence.

Don't care about Hawley, and don't care if its even good. Fox doesn't deserve any praise or sales, because bad faith action requires punishment.

And I'm dubious this is a real thing, anyway, since it wouldn't reset the FF rights counter. Not if Silver Surfer wouldn't.

I'd rather they didn't, but I'll watch the development anxiously for signs of hope.

90% against and 10% for? Right after the announcement the reaction was very mixed...I guess that's what you call a vocal minority!

90% against and 10% for? Right after the announcement the reaction was very mixed...I guess that's what you call a vocal minority!

To be fair, the people that voted on this poll are the usual lurkers. But it shows the uphill battle Fox has to win over the general audience with yet another FF reboot. I highly doubt many FF fans are willing to give Fox another chance.

I'll be 100% candid. Before joining SHH, I had no idea who Dr. Doom was. I knew who the FF were, and watched the movie with Jessica Alba - and mainly for Jessica Alba - and thought it was a decent popcorn flick, time waster at the time. The movie is forgettable and as a non FF comic book reader, I ended up forgetting all about it. I then started watching Marvel movies at some point and became interested in them. The first MCU movie I watched in the theater after that was CW and became interested in the whole Marvel of the 90s spiel after that. I am a very casual fan with knowledge to this specific instance.

Reason for the context is so that people know I have no dog in this fight. I watched deadpool and loved it. Never heard of the character before, but now I like his persona and what he brings to the table. Watched Logan and thought it was okay. Certainly better than turds like MoS, F4stic, Thor: DW, but overrated like WW. I would say that was a solid effort. Wolverine was my favorite super hero growing up and that movie really didn't do much for me. I think a well done Doom movie could give a proper story and background to casual fans like myself, so for that I keep an eye on it. Problem is they are existing in silos. Reason for SM revival at the BO is due to the connectivity to the whole universe. The characters would be better off all being able to interact with each other.

I want scenes like this fan created with deadpool and spiderman to happen in the movie theaters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmI6W6FrnU

Russo brothers said their most wanted character to work on after Spidey is Wolverine (Logan vs Hulk on the big screen anyone?). The fans are the ones who suffer the most because of these limitations imposed by these archaic contracts and Marvel management short term vision in the 90s.

So, to summarize, I wish all characters' movie rights were under one umbrella with no limitation or politics whatsoever, but if the movie is legit and gives me a proper introduction to the character like deadpool did, then I'm all for it.

To be fair, the people that voted on this poll are the usual lurkers. But it shows the uphill battle Fox has to win over the general audience with yet another FF reboot. I highly doubt many FF fans are willing to give Fox another chance.

I see a broader picture which includes competition!

After the new Ragnarok and Justice League trailers and news on Ant-Man2 and Captain Marvel, I honestly couldn't care less what Fox is doing the next 3 or 4 years. And of all of the recent CBM news, Fox and Sony are the only 2 studios that comic book fans are annoyed with.

Another thing to consider is Fox's new Flagship Marvel character (Deadpool) who's surrounded by nothing but competition next Summer.

There's Han Solo, BumbleBee, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2. And none of these films are rated R. A new gimmick that's going to bite them in the rear end next year since children and families wont be watching DP cuss just for the sake of cussing and show unnecessary nudity. So don't be surprised if it only does Mad Maxx numbers...

P*ssing off Marvel fans with more lousy F4 films instead of focusing on the characters that they have gotten right will do that!

Last edited:
I do think, in fairness, the original post should either link to a news article or mention the director.

I don't really want movies to bomb, sure there's a part of me that want's it to fail miserably so that they let the right revert. But I want good movies, when it was first announced I wanted Fant4stic to be good. I always thought Doom had great potential for a film character and I want a Doom movie to be good. But at the say time I know Fox can be very hit or miss and the F4 characters would fit in perfectly with Marvel's style and tone. That's why I wish they wouldn't try, because no matter how well they do, Marvel Studio would always be more capable of making a great F4 movie.

I'll be 100% candid. Before joining SHH, I had no idea who Dr. Doom was. I knew who the FF were, and watched the movie with Jessica Alba - and mainly for Jessica Alba - and thought it was a decent popcorn flick, time waster at the time. The movie is forgettable and as a non FF comic book reader, I ended up forgetting all about it. I then started watching Marvel movies at some point and became interested in them. The first MCU movie I watched in the theater after that was CW and became interested in the whole Marvel of the 90s spiel after that. I am a very casual fan with knowledge to this specific instance.

Reason for the context is so that people know I have no dog in this fight. I watched deadpool and loved it. Never heard of the character before, but now I like his persona and what he brings to the table. Watched Logan and thought it was okay. Certainly better than turds like MoS, F4stic, Thor: DW, but overrated like WW. I would say that was a solid effort. Wolverine was my favorite super hero growing up and that movie really didn't do much for me. I think a well done Doom movie could give a proper story and background to casual fans like myself, so for that I keep an eye on it. Problem is they are existing in silos. Reason for SM revival at the BO is due to the connectivity to the whole universe. The characters would be better off all being able to interact with each other.

I want scenes like this fan created with deadpool and spiderman to happen in the movie theaters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmI6W6FrnU

Russo brothers said their most wanted character to work on after Spidey is Wolverine (Logan vs Hulk on the big screen anyone?). The fans are the ones who suffer the most because of these limitations imposed by these archaic contracts and Marvel management short term vision in the 90s.

So, to summarize, I wish all characters' movie rights were under one umbrella with no limitation or politics whatsoever, but if the movie is legit and gives me a proper introduction to the character like deadpool did, then I'm all for it.

Just like to point out that the "archaic contracts" are the reason Marvel is still a thing and without it (for many reasons other than just the initial sale) the MCU would not be a thing.

After finding out the Skrulls are now part of the MCU, whatever Fox does at this point is insignificant

Just like to point out that the "archaic contracts" are the reason Marvel is still a thing and without it (for many reasons other than just the initial sale) the MCU would not be a thing.

If you are implying that Marvel sold the movie rights to the characters because of the bankruptcy of the 90s, and because of those sales they kept afloat, that's actually incorrect.

EDIT: Just to expand further, Marvel would have still be a thing today without those awful contracts, possibly not owned by Disney though as they undoubtedly would have demanded much more money without all those rights being tied in different places.

Last edited:
I do think, in fairness, the original post should either link to a news article or mention the director.

I had assumed most people had heard Noah Hawley is developing. There isn't a director attached. That's all we know.

I'll edit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"