What Do You Think Will Happen With This Film?

It will be revered and placed as the greatest film of all time!

I'm a little afraid - like back when Pixar split from Disney because Jobs and Eisner butted heads - that part of the problem could be stubborn personalities and grudges involved.

Disney may not be willing to make a reasonable offer because . . . "F*** those A******* at Fox." and Fox might not be willing to offer the property at a reasonable price because . . . "F*** those A******* at Disney."

Rob Liefeld may not be the best source, but he has tweeted about substantial friction between the two studios. Marvel has got to be extremely bitter about giving up hundreds if not thousands of characters "in perpetuity" in a terribly lopsided deal. Due to "studio accounting", the company nets next to nothing for movies featuring characters that they own.

And while FOX has benefited greatly from their agreement with Marvel, they screwed up royally by not buying the company before Disney made their deal. Marvel has overshadowed FOX with the MCU, cut off most FOX movie tie-in merchandise, reduced the stature of the X-Men books in the 616 Universe and are threatening to launch a similary themed Inhumans movie franchise.

It certainly appears that there would be a lot to gain from a deal, but as you've mentioned, oftentimes personalities overshadow logic.

Rob Liefeld may not be the best source, but he has tweeted about substantial friction between the two studios. Marvel has got to be extremely bitter about giving up hundreds if not thousands of characters "in perpetuity" in a terribly lopsided deal. Due to "studio accounting", the company nets next to nothing for movies featuring characters that they own.

And while FOX has benefited greatly from their agreement with Marvel, they screwed up royally by not buying the company before Disney made their deal. Marvel has overshadowed FOX with the MCU, cut off most FOX movie tie-in merchandise, reduced the stature of the X-Men books in the 616 Universe and are threatening to launch a similary themed Inhumans movie franchise.

It certainly appears that there would be a lot to gain from a deal, but as you've mentioned, oftentimes personalities overshadow logic.

I have to admit, it wouldn't seem likely that Alan Horn is going to throw money at Fox to reacquire the property and let the chips fall where they may. Ultimately, Fox has to make the movie, and they can half ass it and throw away a lot of money if they are not careful. In a climate where Hollywood has had six flops this summer alone, all with costs featuring nine figure digits, it's just wreckless to rush a reboot to spite Disney. Ultimately, Fox needs to feel they can have another successful standalone franchise before they go through. I don't see Disney budging. The studios hate each other and don't want to do business, as evident with that terribly lopsided DD/Galactus/SS deal. Disney may well have spit in Rothman's face, or whomever was in charge at the time, as opposed to making an offer like that. Rights to KEY A-list characters for an extension on DD??? Can't make it up.

Last edited:
All of those? Awesome! How did they get Ghost Rider back when a movie just came out a year ago?

I have no idea if FF will got back to Marvel, but I really hope so. So far it seems like a possibility. If by around the time Days of Future Past is coming out and still no information.... Then I'll allow myself to get my hopes up. I really hope FF and company can meet the Avengers and all fight Galactus together.
If FF hasn't started production by the time DOFP is out then the rights will most likely have reverted by then.

Though the obverse to that might be that Tom Rothman's departure could open a door.

It seems that the Galactus/Daredevil fiasco happened in August of last year:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox-insiders-no-galactus-talks-with-marvel/

And Rotman left in September:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-rothman-leaving-20th-century-370515

That could be an important detail to give us some hope.
I wonder if Deadline will report on when FF's rights are set to revert? It's been 6 years since the last FF movie was released....so I guess the rights wouldn't be in danger until around this time next year now that I think about, going by what happened with DD. Then again, the fact they tried to fast track production into this fall may imply they would revert sooner than that.

While I think the movie is getting made by Fox, if the casting rumors end up being true, Fox is taking a risk with this film in casting. As talented as Michael B. Jordan is, if he ends up as Johnny Storm, it will be very interesting to see fan reaction beyond this forum and what the producers have to say about it. I think they will play up the "Johnny was adopted" angle a bit, especially if Sue is white.

Not sure if the fans will buy it, but that will be how Fox will spin it if Jordan is cast as Johnny and a white woman is cast as Sue.

Yeah pretty much. Honestly I wouldn't care if Fox kept the FF themselves and just gave back Doom, SS, Galactus, the Skrulls and Kree name, the Negative Zone, and Annihilus. Although a Marvel Studios made FF movie would be pretty cool I think.

That would be worse and pretty much screw the F4 franchise,and it would rob them of their strongest relationships.If anything's gonna revert it should all revert together.

And I have a feeling FOX is still gonna make the movie,but I really don't care who has the rights.I just want a new Fantastic Four movie.

That would be worse and pretty much screw the F4 franchise,and it would rob them of their strongest relationships.If anything's gonna revert it should all revert together.

And I have a feeling FOX is still gonna make the movie,but I really don't care who has the rights.I just want a new Fantastic Four movie.

Mr Dent has the Pym syndrome. ;)
Like I said...I don't care about the FF I just want those elements that are tied to them. Of course the film would be shot...but I don't want Fox making the film in the first place. And none of those characters need the FF to function so it's a win for the MCU.

Looks like FOX is still moving forward.

So I voted for the 1st option.

Like I said...I don't care about the FF I just want those elements that are tied to them. Of course the film would be shot...but I don't want Fox making the film in the first place. And none of those characters need the FF to function so it's a win for the MCU.

Actually it would be a loss for the MCU and the FF because both of them would have even more incomplete universes.

And the Doom needs the FF just as much as they need him.The Fantastic Four are pretty much the reason for Dr . Doom's existence,and they are his main motivation for being a villain in the first place.If you have Doom without the FF you pretty much have to completely rewrite his origin and take away half of what makes him Doom.Which would be stupid.

Dr. Doom without Reed is like Magneto without Professor X,but I guess that doesn't matter as long as there's crossovers.

It doesn't matter anyway since that's never gonna happen.

So, just to clarify: not a peep at Comiccon, not a word on casting (except the so-well-received Jordan rumor), starts filming in 2 months. In Louisiana. Yeah, this is gonna be a hit. smh.

I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping Marvel will get the rights back. This film seems to be moving so slowly it seems like it will never happen, I hope that's the case. Fox tried and blew it, let Fox focus on expanding the X-films.

I see it like this, If GoTG can start filming this month and be released in August of next year, that proves a film can be done in little over a year especially one that will require a lot of SFX. I guess FOX will release F4 but with the casting controversy and the fact that the F4 haven't really been a popular book in a long time will prob sabotage the film.

It's likely the film will get made. I don't think they'll start shooting properly until later (that September thing might just be pre-production underway), unless Fox did an incredible job keeping the cast members under wraps.

Fox has a tendency to shoot movies within a year of their release date... remember The Wolverine? Didn't start filming until last July. Same thing with X2 and X: First Class. I wouldn't be surprised if the film actually started filming closer to December or early 2014.

i hope it doesn't flop. Would love to see Mole-Man and Subterranea in this.

If having the movie flop will get it into more capable hands then yes please.

Default Re: What Do You Think Will Happen With This Film?

Stuff, I reckon.

It can go either way and i don't want to get my hopes up only to find out FOX is carrying on with production. So i will be hopeful that the rights will revert, but i will not make any predictions or certainties.

It will take a lot of hard work and great script to make the film work as to compete with other superhero films and if the film flops they may kill the franchise .
Its a competition any thing can happen , I am just keeping fingers crossed and hope for best .

The FF should be part of their own universe, IMO. i think having ALL superhero films in the same continuity is a terrible idea. Always have. They need to be able to exist by themselves. They should have made an Avengers film with separate actors than those in other franchises. Otherwise, stupid stunts happen like a World's Finest movie that is happening TOO FAST!

The FF should be part of their own universe, IMO. i think having ALL superhero films in the same continuity is a terrible idea. Always have. They need to be able to exist by themselves. They should have made an Avengers film with separate actors than those in other franchises. Otherwise, stupid stunts happen like a World's Finest movie that is happening TOO FAST!

There are logistical issues with shared universes. When Galactus attacks the Earth or Doom steals the Surfers powers, where are all the other superheroes?

And as I've pointed out in other threads, the X-Men world - where people are suspicious and fearful of mutants - doesn't really work if you have other, accepted super-powered freaks.

And Superman really screws things up in the DC universe - when you've got someone like that flying around, all the piddley crap Batman has to deal with becomes meaningless. Superman could have swooped in and neutralized Bane within minutes.

But with that said, I think the films work best when they stick closest to the comics and the comics have shared universes.

We just need to suspend our disbelief. And when you're dealing with people who stretch or burst into flames, suspending disbelief for matters of shared worlds becomes minor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"