What Do You Think Will Happen With This Film?

No he didn't. And interviewer mentioned FF in a list of a slew of other films and he was like "yeah uh huh". Anyway of course he's not going to say the movie is not being made. He's not going to comment or lead on to any problems going on.

He said that his role is similar to Joss Weaton. He hinted that FF is apart of their long term plan.

Does anyone have a link to the specific interview and date? I haven't heard much from him recently and I've been wondering if there's a battle between Millar a Singer (who seems to be taking a much more visible role lately).

He said that his role is similar to Joss Weaton. He hinted that FF is apart of their long term plan.

In a recent interview Millar confirmed his job is not at all like Joss Whedon's. Joss is reviewing Phase 2 scripts and making notes, Executive Producing AOS and writing A:AOU. Millard is consulting with FOX management - an interesting, but completely different occupation.

That's dated October 2012, it still looks like FOX may not make the film. I'm still hopeful :yay:

I hope so too but I think it will be made. I will give the film a chance

Interesting. Has anyone seen anything from Millar recently? He was very vocal around the time of that interview, but I haven't seen anything from him in several months. (and with Singer talking about his plans and Millar nowhere to be seen at Comic-Con, I found myself wondering if Singer had forced him out)

As long as Fox isn't investing real money (and it costs nothing in studio terms to scout locations and put out casting calls), there is at least some hope.

It's very likely that they don't know themselves if they'll be making this film, but they need to at least do some of the basic groundwork to prepare in case they do decide they want to move forward. (and if they don't at least continue with the basics, Marvel will know they're not serious and Fox won't have any bargaining position)

I'm still at about 50/50, but we should know one way or the other soon.

Interesting. Has anyone seen anything from Millar recently? He was very vocal around the time of that interview, but I haven't seen anything from him in several months. (and with Singer talking about his plans and Millar nowhere to be seen at Comic-Con, I found myself wondering if Singer had forced him out)

As long as Fox isn't investing real money (and it costs nothing in studio terms to scout locations and put out casting calls), there is at least some hope.

It's very likely that they don't know themselves if they'll be making this film, but they need to at least do some of the basic groundwork to prepare in case they do decide they want to move forward. (and if they don't at least continue with the basics, Marvel will know they're not serious and Fox won't have any bargaining position)

I'm still at about 50/50, but we should know one way or the other soon.

I think Singer was against the idea of a X-Men/FF universe, he'd rather FOX just expand the X-Men property. He has shown little interest in incorporating space explorers to the existing X-verse

Who is Joss Wheaton? :huh:

I know a Wil Wheaton, and a Joss Whedon, but no Joss Wheaton.

In a recent interview with Collider, Millar clarified his role with FOX - he's not overseeing creative, like Whedon. He's consulting with management, and brought in Jeff Wadlow to pitch his "X-Force" idea. My guess is he originally thought he would be more hands-on, but Singer publicly put him in his place with his "I haven't spoken with him" comments.

I found it notable that Millar didn't bring up the FF - he seemed surprised by the Michael B Jordan casting rumors - and instead focused on the "5 to 10" franchises that could possibly spin off of the FOX X-Men characters.

I found it notable that Millar didn't bring up the FF - he seemed surprised by the Michael B Jordan casting rumors - and instead focused on the "5 to 10" franchises that could possibly spin off of the FOX X-Men characters.

That's an interesting point. Now that you mention it, I remembe an interview a while back when they asked about the Jordan rumor and Millar said something like: "I don't know. I haven't spoken with Josh Trank."

Isn't that odd? Something's going on. If Millar's primary responsibility is to integrate FF and future projects into the Fox superhero universe and Trank is the director of FF, shouldn't those two be in fairly regular communication?

Who is Joss Wheaton? :huh:

I know a Wil Wheaton, and a Joss Whedon, but no Joss Wheaton.

The real Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon is an actor called Trever, Joss Wheaton is the real mastermind behind The Avengers.

I voted that Fox will make the film in 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"