How long does it take to make a theatrical movie trailer?

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by VGPOP, Apr 13, 2006.

1. VGPOP

VGPOP Registered

I am a little confused. I have little knowledge in the "movie making" myself.

But how long does it take to make a theatrical trailer?

A day?
    A week?
    Weeks?
    Months?

And also, who makes the trailer? Is it the director? Technical people?

Does movie studios have the final word when the trailer is release?

2. Naite22

Naite22 Registered

I think they have different people at the different film studio's specializing in creating trailers... Fact of the matter is that they could've thrown out a theatrical trailer a long time ago.. My guess is that they're looking for something specific for this theatrical trailer, which leads me to think that this trailer will be CRAZY!!! They know how much that's at stake with this movie, they WANT to give us a mindblowing trailer, therefor they've waited until the neccesary special effects were done... Hang in there... For the first time ever, I can truely say (and knowing I'm speaking the TRUTH!) that this trailer is very very near by!

3. Mentok

Mentok Registered

It takes as long as it takes. It depends on alot of factors really.

Who makes it? Depends on what the studio want. Most of the time the Director will put it together or the Assistant Director will do it. Sometimes the Studio will use an inhouse 'Trailer Editor' to put one together.