Superman Returns How many FEAR the theatrical trailer for "SR" will end up beeing a TOTAL LET-DOWN?!

Naite22

Superhero
Reaction score
...I thought about it, and now that it's ALMOST time, I'm a bit nervous (if not to say a lot).. I absolutely think that the next trailer will rock!.... But than again, there is a chance that it'll be a total let-down, right.. Am I the only one fearing this? Just what if.......oh my God it scares me just to think about it. Not that I think it will disapoint, but I FEAR it, ya know what I mean... Come to think of it, this next trailer is A LOT more importened than we might think. What if it fails? What if it holds back?!!:( :confused: :( :confused:

The upcoming trailer will either convince an OBSEEN amount of people to go see this baby!... Or it'll fail BIG-TIME! (and no matter what some say, the theatrical trailer IS very importened in this case!) THOUGHTS?

Just don't get you're hopes up. It's just a tralier for God sakes. If the movie bombs that's a different story, but it's a tralier? Seriously how good can a trailer be without giving too much away?

With that said I am personally looking forward to this trailer, and I hope it's awesome.

I agree with my comrade from Melboure ;)

He's right though. It's just a trailer. In the end, it's just an ad. This is a movie that marketing isn't going to make or break. The movie itself will do that.

Well, it really isn't just a trailer to some. It's very important actually, especially for the success of the film. There are several 'camps' out there with haters, lovers, and apathetic people among them, and it's gonna take a good trailer to convince those camps that this is the movie to make an effort to see.

The teaser really can't excite or disappoint, or even set those expectations. Neither really can pics, interviews, or BTS footage. You really don't have enough to base a particularly polar opinion on. You can be worried or skeptical or unabashedly excited beforehand and usually feel the same afterwards. A teaser isn't really anything more than "hey, we're making a movie, look"...

A trailer on the other hand certainly can. It presents information about the story, acting, production value, action, and many other things. It can give you enough to calibrate your expectations by scaling back rabid anticipation, alleviating skepticism, or something in between.

Count me in as someone who looks at the trailer as more than an ad.

I get you, but the number of movie viewers who gave the last teaser a pass because it was just a teaser, and for that matter can differentiate between teaser and trailer is VERY small. To them it's ALL trailers/ads.

^ I think you're wrong... I personally know many who's seen teaser's to films and thought meh...than when they saw the theatrical they went nuts! That happened with both spidey 1 and 2!

The SR theatrical must scream, LOOK WHO'S COMING BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN!!

Fatboy Roberts said:
I get you, but the number of movie viewers who gave the last teaser a pass because it was just a teaser, and for that matter can differentiate between teaser and trailer is VERY small. To them it's ALL trailers/ads.

Understood, but if what you say is true, let's hope the trailer makes a big enough splash and is effective enough to help people differentiate. Differentiate with extreme prejudice! :D

Incredible that after you guys have read my first post, that you STILL say, it's JUST a trailer. Read what I wrote one more time. WRONG! It's not "just" a trailer... for you guys maybe, and I guess I could say the same.. but for the average movie-goer who wasn't too impressed with the teaser (where us fans get chills every time watching it!) this next trailer MUST reach out to EVERY ONE! It WILL draw in an obseen amount of people to see it (who wasn't planning on it) if this next trailer is a winner! Dont you get that.??

i know that the trailer will be good because i have always low expectation.

the problem i have is that i fear that i will have to wait for the trailer one month.

Dont you guys know how much money Warner Bros. has invested in this ONE MOVIE!!!... If it fails than they're butt-****ed!... For their sake, they better show why this movie will be huge in the next trailer!

It could be a let down to your slef.. sitting here for months without footage.anticipation so high...if it isn't what you want it to be.. its not the movies fault.

:)

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
It could be a let down to your slef.. sitting here for months without footage.anticipation so high...if it isn't what you want it to be.. its not the movies fault.

You're right, you're absolutely right... but all I'm saying is that they better not hold back with the next trailer... I dont want them to give the whole movie away, not at all... But there should be more then enough bad-ass footage in this film to give everyone a real taste of it in the new trailer... and that's what it needs!

Robo's also got a point. The level of importance seems pretty huge to us because we're here on the internet with thousands of posts devoted to anticipating it. Kinda puts us on a different plane than most people watching. A Spoilerhound POV, actually. I think your fear comes more from not being able to see more of the movie before it's actually released than it is a fear that the movie won't succeed.

but I'm not saying I DON'T want the trailer to be good. I'd like people to differentiate with extreme prejudice ;) but the trailer is not going to make or break this film, not with the sheer amount of TV ads and press blitzing this thing will undergo between May and June. It could hurt a little, it could help a little, but the movie is pretty much already critic-proof. The quality of the movie is the main thing. The number of people who will be turned off of the film simply because they don't like the trailer will be negligible--if this was an unknown quantity, the trailer would carry more importance. But everyone recognizes Superman.

^ You sound like a smart man... Let's hope you're right!:)

Naite22 said:
^ You sound like a smart man... Let's hope you're right!:)

Thats because he is.

and his Radio show is also very good..check it out in his sig.

:up:

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:

Co-sign

Let me put it this way, if you're deeply and emotionally disturbed and hurt by what you think is a less-than-stellar trailer, forget about comics and their movies, get off the internet for a while, and go outside and enjoy the springtime.

Naite22 said:
^ I think you're wrong... I personally know many who's seen teaser's to films and thought meh...than when they saw the theatrical they went nuts! That happened with both spidey 1 and 2!

The SR theatrical must scream, LOOK WHO'S COMING BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN!!

I agree. SR deserves no less promo (both in quality and quantity) than current heroes franchises. Heck. . . he's the World's Greatest Hero.

Like John Lennon once said: "Before Superman, there was nothing."

Actually it was Elvis instead of Superman, but you know what I mean. . . . :D

how many of you clicked on this thread and found it to be a total let down.....

close thread... please

It could be a let-down for some people here. Since they've been waiting for such a long time, they are expecting something beyond this world and when they see the final trailer, they can be dissapointed

I have no doubts that I will not be let down from the trailer. I loved the teaser, and with the trailer having more footage (especially of Superman flying) I know I'll be in uber-dork heaven. Once I hear that theme blaring in accompaniment of the visuals, I'll be happy. Who knows, though, I might be different from some folks because I've been very happy with what I've already seen of the production. This isn't going to do anything more than increase an already high level of anticipation for me. Some people are on the other end of the stick from me so I know this will definitely be used as proving grounds or something along those lines. Plus, this is the trailer that'll most likely be plastered all over TV, so it better be good if they're going to rope in the general public.

i fear that a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"