How much do you really care about X3 being only 103 minutes?

anyways , nope , if you take one by one, characters , plot point,that we know ;), and if you wan't depht i dunno how you can believe that it can work in 1H43.

It could be relatively good , but it will never be the movie that it could have been.

CapBeerCino said:
From where is the Ellen quote in your sig?
I don't know what interview it was taken from. It's somewhere in the Ellen thread.

The Original Bamfer said:
We don't even know, for sure, how long it is. So, I don't care yet.

I second THAT! nothing is confirmed yet people, lol its amazing seriously......we act like we know everything sometimes.

you could compare this to a thread about your thoughts on the new technology used for xavier and magz to make them look younger!:down

but hypothetically speaking, if it IS confirmed for that time, then YES i will be upset, but only a little. Ive always thought of this as X1 all over again in a way...we get a new director and we dont know what or how hes going to do.

Singer always Said X1 was the "trailer" or "build up" to X2....so X3 is the official ending, doesnt need to be as LONG as the BULK of the story wich was X2.

EDIT: Ya knwo what i mean? heres a diagram |---X1---|-------X2--------|---X3---|

We are left HANGING at X2 for the ending/finale......

X1 started the plot points, X2 made some new ones and continued some and X3 will wrap it up.

i would have chosen the second option...but it says im dissapoited which im not.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Critics complained that X2 was too long.

Well they always complaine about everything and plus its their opinion not the worlds just them i hate critics as everyones like 'they said it was bad' but you might like, most of the films i like they hate but i can't stad critics i just think its another pesons opinion and thats it anyone could do their job.

And i'm not voting till its annoced from Fox, i just hope it is longer then 103 mins thats how long a kids film would be some Disney films are longer lol.

Bastila said:
Well they always complaine about everything and plus its their opinion not the worlds just them i hate critics as everyones like 'they said it was bad' but you might like, most of the films i like they hate but i can't stad critics i just think its another pesons opinion and thats it anyone could do their job.

And i'm not voting till its annoced from Fox, i just hope it is longer then 103 mins thats how long a kids film would be some Disney films are longer lol.
Again the critics overall gave 87 prct to X2.

that doesn't happen everyday.

and no critics, real critic is a real job, that need knowledge about what you are talking about.

After that , yup , that doesn't change the fact that joe public has its taste , and should be respected as such ,even if everybody consider it horrible

Everybody is entitled to his an opinion..but it has every chances to be often less
educated than when it is your job.

Maze said:
Again the critics overall gave 87 prct to X2.

that doesn't happen everyday.

and no critics, real critic is a real job, that need knowledge about what you are talking about.

I suspect X3 will get a lower end rating, such as a 60% due to the fact that every single person(critic) will be comparing it to what bryan singer could have done and things of that nature. im suprised X1 got such a good deal of positive to reach that 80% it has..... but times have changed alot, and you know X3 will be compared to everything else out there which will lower the score. im GUESSING it will get a 65% give or take a few....I HOPE, then i would be happy. so a 65% X3 would get would technically be a 70-75% of the year 2000's standards i suppose.

I think the running time for X3 is complete crap. Personally, i don't like paying to so a movie under 2 hours, especially if it doesn't have to be. As far as X-men goes, this is the third and possibly final film, epic story, lotta new characters... i mean if it calls for a short running time, so be it, but I don't think it'd kill the audience or the action if it was the running length of X2.the first film was under two hours, but the plot in that film was extremely thin.. if this film is in fact the best written, the biggest, an most emotional film, why is it and hour and 43 minutes? That's insane.What sort of character closure can be done to the franchise? What sort fo development can be made without being rushed?I now have a feeling they're just cutting it down to keep the pace up, which is a shame.And, if the film is 103 minutes WITHOUT trimming it down first, if that is the uncut running time, than i'd say the film is a bit thin, period.

Spidey 2007 said:
I suspect X3 will get a lower end rating, such as a 60% due to the fact that every single person(critic) will be comparing it to what bryan singer could have done and things of that nature. im suprised X1 got such a good deal of positive to reach that 80% it has..... but times have changed alot, and you know X3 will be compared to everything else out there which will lower the score. im GUESSING it will get a 65% give or take a few....I HOPE, then i would be happy. so a 65% X3 would get would technically be a 70-75% of the year 2000's standards i suppose.

Well , you know , Batman begins have been compared to the Burtons movies a lot , but that doesn't prevented the critics to love it.(83 prct)

anyways,Don't forget also that a lot of critics ( even professionnal) changed their stance on X3 when they saw the trailers.

let's not condemn the critics if they do not tell ultimately , what we wan't to hear :)

MemnochZERO said:
I think the running time for X3 is complete crap. Personally, i don't like paying to so a movie under 2 hours, especially if it doesn't have to be. As far as X-men goes, this is the third and possibly final film, epic story, lotta new characters... i mean if it calls for a short running time, so be it, but I don't think it'd kill the audience or the action if it was the running length of X2.the first film was under two hours, but the plot in that film was extremely thin.. if this film is in fact the best written, the biggest, an most emotional film, why is it and hour and 43 minutes? That's insane.What sort of character closure can be done to the franchise? What sort fo development can be made without being rushed?I now have a feeling they're just cutting it down to keep the pace up, which is a shame.And, if the film is 103 minutes WITHOUT trimming it down first, if that is the uncut running time, than i'd say the film is a bit thin, period.

what running time are you reffereing to? lol...nothing is confirmed so dont get upset YET

yea batman was compared to the previous ones but those wernt in the same franchise or anything. Batman Begins was an undeniable spectacular movie from day one, from the get go you could sit back and watch it form until the opening day then enjoy it. With X3 thats very hard to do because of the director change compared to singer he has a worse reputation, um, the fake leaked script put TERRIBLE tastes in everyones mouth, and some people today still think that script will stand, and they tell their friends this movie wont be any good this time, the rumored deaths that will upset some people that dont understand, the just recently rumored running time thats got a ****load of people on the pills (even though its not confirmed at alll) and some other things.

IMO sure everything looks great, but i guess its a VERY debatable subject, it all depends. lol ugh....may cant get here soon enough so all this can be laid to rest....:up:

I would like X3 to be longer, but it's not that big a deal.

The trailers showed that there will be some interesting character dilemma's and some awesome actionscenes, so I'm not worrying about those. I am a little worried that not every character will get enough screentime to do him or her justice, and that the storyline(s) may be too complicated for this runningtime.

The stench of the corporate hacks at FOX is really all over this movie. the short running time, Cyclops fate, the continual push of Wolverine and the feeding of the Halle Ego Monster-it's just all a joke. It's souless corporate mindless summer moviemaking as only FOX can do it.

Pathetic.

Kurosawa said:
The stench of the corporate hacks at FOX is really all over this movie. the short running time, Cyclops fate, the continual push of Wolverine and the feeding of the Halle Ego Monster-it's just all a joke. It's souless corporate mindless summer moviemaking as only FOX can do it.

Pathetic.

Yes, FOX is out to get you. They've been planning it all along. Make 2 great movies just to get you interested, then purposely make the 3rd one a total pile of crap just to spite you. It took 6 years and hundreds of millions of dollars, the evil empire finally accomplished it's master plan.

Kurosawa said:

Pathetic.
:eek: YOUR BACK!:up: :D

so i take it yor not seeing this movie?...... so why continue to complain?

War Lord said:
That's way too short for such a potentially important movie, possibly the most important movie of the trilogy.

2.5 hours is needed to tell the story properly.

103 minutes isn't even 2 hours! Its 1 hour and 43 minutes.Who said it was that long anyway?

as long as its a good story it wont bother me at all
lots of good movies have been that length

I voted for the second choice. And I'll just skip the part where I explain why I voted for it.

All I know is, this 103 minutes sure as hell better be without credits, cause everyone knows the credits on this film are going to be at least 15 minutes long. And it would have been nice if they had given enough time for actual character development, but alas, having more shows a day is more important than well rounded film.

I voted that this COULD suck, because it's impossible to put such an amount of plots, character development, action scenes and so in 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Anyway, I'll say "this sucks" after seeing the movie... or not, with a bit of luck.

It sucks for me. Kind of don't want to see the movie now, lol. I'm about to cry.

But I'll still see the movie. :(

I'm worried a little....because shorter superhero movies - like Elektra, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Catwoman - tend to be lacking in substance and depth. I actually like Catwoman, but I wouldn't want X3 to be anything like it; the tone is entirely different. Daredevil became a good movie when it was 133mins Directors Cut; the original 99minute version was rubbish. X1 suffered because it was too short (no Storm and Cyclops origin scenes, and many other scenes deleted).

We shall see soon enough, I guess. I hope it has a gentle introduction and a nice rounded conclusion, rather than hurling us straight into action (which never works in the cinema, as people are still 'settling' and not concentrating..they need to be led into the story and given time to settle down).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"