How much influence us fans had on the making of X-Men 3?

ProfeZZor X

Master of all that is ice
Reaction score
There are hundreds of threads and thousands upon thousands of posts on multiple forums/websites on what happens in this movie: deaths, mutant powers finally being seenon screen for the first time, new characters being introduced, and more special effects than in the previous films. But with all these new things occuring, how much of an influence do you think forums, letters, internet articles, and fans like us had on the creation of this film?

EDIT: ADMIN, I forgot to include the poll when I created this. Please merge this with my recent recreation of the same thread. Thx.

I defninitely think some effect. I think they read these boards and get our take on what we want done. I guess they never visited the Cyclops thread.

I guess not...the Cyke thread dwarves every other topic in posts....obviously they didn't look at it at all....

ProfeZZor X said:
There are hundreds of threads and thousands upon thousands of posts on multiple forums/websites on what happens in this movie: deaths, mutant powers finally being seenon screen for the first time, new characters being introduced, and more special effects than in the previous films. But with all these new things occuring, how much of an influence do you think forums, letters, internet articles, and fans like us had on the creation of this film?
Too much I think. I like the way they are pulling a scene from the comics for every scene in the movie but I just hope to god they piece them together in a way that works. Singer didn't give a damn about the fans and look what we got. One crappy movie and one REALLY good one. Why do you think X2 was better than one?? Maybe because they saw the feedback from the fans?

Like people have already said they probaly don't read the message boards at all, I mean people give horrible reveiws all the time so why would they want to go to message boards and read posts about how bad there movie is before the fans even see it. Who knows what would have happend if they did for now will have to stick with the movie that were going to get, I think its going to rock!

None from the looks of it. Killing off Cyke was terriable.

MJB said:
None from the looks of it. Killing off Cyke was terriable.
Would you rather have him played by an actor with more time?

onejeremytogo said:
Too much I think. I like the way they are pulling a scene from the comics for every scene in the movie but I just hope to god they piece them together in a way that works. Singer didn't give a damn about the fans and look what we got. One crappy movie and one REALLY good one. Why do you think X2 was better than one?? Maybe because they saw the feedback from the fans?

I think we as fans may have a certain amount of influence during the brainstorming, pre-production process . . . and I'm not sure about later on.

In regard to the section in bold, I truly can't find too many scenes in X3 that have been lifted from the comics, like they have said . . . I can think of Jean's house, Callisto v. Storm (kind of), Jean wanting see to Cyclops' eyes (kind of), and (major spoiler if anyone doesn't know) Wolverine stabbing Jean in outer-space as inspiration for the end of the movie . . . other than that, I can think of no real translations from panel to screen really, at least not in the way they make it sound. Honestly, a lot of X3 never really happened in the comics, which isn't necessarily a bad thing by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"