How much physical harm will SandMan cause Spider-Man?

How's ABOUT Sandy snaps Spideys neck in their first battle and the rest of the film is a flashback to how he came to die?

Yeah - pretty bad stuff :( I'll go away now

How about 1/2 way into the movie Sandman is given his powers then Spidey fights Sandy, then he gets badly beaten. Around this is the GG2 and Peter whining about Gwen and MJ. Then he gets the black suit (from JJJ's son secret creation to kill Peter and Eddie shows Pete it. Eddie is mates with Pete but Hates Spider-man and he keeps going on about this will be spideys downfall and he gets pete to take some after eddie does to try and find out how it works. peter takes some to see how it could be thretening) then he gets the suit and he feels stronger.

It harms the people he loves and gets MJ killed. He moans at a church tower. Eddie takes pic's of him and Pete finds out and ties him uo, Spidey is attacked by Sandy, but with the black suit He gets the upper hand. But it strikes midnight and the bell makes him crazy and the suit is discarded, Sandy is about to kill pete When Venom comes and says: "Hey grainy, this one is ours" and bites him when provoked by Sandy. Then Venom walks up to pete and is about to kill him (the seperating of the suit has made him weak) and it goes: To Be Continued.

The Ones said:
How about 1/2 way into the movie Sandman is given his powers then Spidey fights Sandy...

STOP RIGHT THERE! :D

I personally think Sandman's gonna have his powers WAY earlier in the film (due to this being the case in ASM #4 which we now know is going to be likely incorporated into the film) and becauses it differs from the Ock situation in SM2 (with the birth of the villain coming midway). I think Sam's gonna want to get this film off to a faster start with an early Sandman/Spidey battle.

I'm wondering if anything will be connected to the last swing of spider-man 2 where he swings away and there are those two helicopters. It's possible the opening scene could be a fight, and it could be an extension of the last scene of the last movie.

It's not going to take place a year or two after the last movie. That would totally screw up Harry's story.

Spider-Bite said:
I'm wondering if anything will be connected to the last swing of spider-man 2 where he swings away and there are those two helicopters. It's possible the opening scene could be a fight, and it could be an extension of the last scene of the last movie.

It's not going to take place a year or two after the last movie. That would totally screw up Harry's story.

I don't see this... but I do wonder how they will open up the movie... we know it's not gonna be the space ship bringing back the symbaite... maybe they start with Flint fleeing to the beech after a major heist... I think the movie movie will happen several months after the second... with MJ and Peter getting used to their new relationship.

i'm thinkin' sandman will punch and kick spider-man.

maybe throw a trash can, too.

maybe.

Everyone.....You forget something. Sandman is his Sand. And the only reason he's not hurt is because it absorbs the kinectic energy transferred from the punch. If Spider-Man moves fast enough (ie with symbiote?), he can attack Sandman in weak points and harm him.

I'd like to draw all of your attention to Rock Lee fighting Gaara of The Desert in the anime series Naruto. When Rock Lee moves fast enough, he's hitting and striking faster than the Sand can move. Faster than Gaara can have the sand protect him.

So picture this scene:

Sandman had defeated Spider-Man in their first encounter. He just used the sand and blew him away. But this time, Black Spidey jumps over the blasts. Sandman makes Sand-Hammer fists and tries to smash and flail at Spidey. but Spidey ducks, dodges and is punching Sandman, faster than he can move or contort. He punches him fast enough and hard enough to literally shatter Sandman's form.

This would work because Sandman is in a solid form when he has Sand-Hammer fists. If Sandman makes himself hollow, then he can only harm Spider-man with air attacks. He can not make a solid strike. If I throw a brick of Sand at you, it will hurt because it's concentrated. If I throw regular sand at you, you'll at most just be really itchy.

If the sand were alive, then when I throw the brick at you...And you kick it out of the air, I'm guessing the sand would probablly be hurt. Because you're disrupting the concentration of it's thickness.

But it doesn't do that much damage because the Sand despereses. When you break the Sand brick, it because hollow crumbles of sand. BUT if you could strike it like three times before it falls apart, then that would be more damage transfered.

Sandman would be getting hurt, and having trouble coming back together. When he can't concentrate he'd most likely start becoming even more solid, since that's his original form. So even more damage can be dealt.

And if he becomes the more fluid, hollow sand when he is weak then Spider-Man could suck him up with a vaccum, or throw him into a body of water, and have him be absorbed. (And if not absorbed, then the water would make it difficult to reform. He'd be trapped in pieces. Thousands or millions of grains of sand.)

Each time I imagine the fights between spidey and sandman I see sandman throwing punches and sand all over trying to hit spidey and spidey flipping and dodging and swinging around to avoid being hit,I mean its cool to see see spidey do his great acrobatics,but I want raimi to use his creativity to somehow design a fight in which spidey also punches sandman and maybe even hurts him,maybe when sandman transforms into solid he becomes vurnerable, but spidey hits him and nothing will happen because sandman's gets rock hard. So everytime spidey hits him he almost breaks his hand,until he gets the symbiote,and then when he hits sandman(while wearing the symbiote suit) he actually breaks his face, and something that would be cool,would be if sandman throws a spiked cement hard giant fist at black suit spidey and he gets a surprise, when instead of spidey thrying to jump to avoid being hit by the giant sandfist he just stays there and suddenly punches sandman's fist and breaks it,big chunks of solidrock flying and sandman's face, scared and surprised.It would be awesome.

I made a diagram to explain this better...hold on.

Mkay...
sand1.JPG

When the waves of energy go through the concentrated sand that equals pain. Sandman feels that. But Spider-Man can be hit by this kind as well. This is when Sandman tries to do physical attacks. Easier to dodge but harder to counter in a way that would quickly put sandman away. Unless Spidey uses a fireman's hose or something.

Sand2.JPG

This is Sandman's form when he's intangible, this form is hard to harm physically. almost impossible. But he can't hit spider-man either. He uses this form for air attacks. And the air attacks are harder to dodge but it's easier for Sandy to be sucked up.

superkong 500 said:
Each time I imagine the fights between spidey and sandman I see sandman throwing punches and sand all over trying to hit spidey and spidey flipping and dodging and swinging around to avoid being hit,I mean its cool to see see spidey do his great acrobatics,but I want raimi to use his creativity to somehow design a fight in which spidey also punches sandman and maybe even hurts him,maybe when sandman transforms into solid he becomes vurnerable, but spidey hits him and nothing will happen because sandman's gets rock hard. So everytime spidey hits him he almost breaks his hand,until he gets the symbiote,and then when he hits sandman(while wearing the symbiote suit) he actually breaks his face, and something that would be cool,would be if sandman throws a spiked cement hard giant fist at black suit spidey and he gets a surprise, when instead of spidey thrying to jump to avoid being hit by the giant sandfist he just stays there and suddenly punches sandman's fist and breaks it,big chunks of solidrock flying and sandman's face, scared and surprised.It would be awesome.

nice. :up: good thinking

you guys, why does spider-man have to kill sandy? maybe venom will kill him so HE can take care of spider-man himself out of vengance. i do think peter should kill harry, more dramatic. i think it will open with sandy escaping from prison, then him getting his powers. then it will cut to a seen of space, them going to the comet, mars whatever, and the sybiote(or however you spell it) kills the crew, or atleast attacks them. and them crashing, spidery gets his black suit, and sandman shows up(GG2later) and spidey fights him with his black suit, and still gets owned, all the times he fights him. but later in the movie after he finds out the alien is taking over, he makes some noise or wtvr and it coems off, follows Brock home(Brock was following spidey because jameson hired him to see why MJ dumped his son) and attaches itself to brock, now spidey has to fight sandman without his suit and gets owned, and then right b4 spidey is killed Venom comes in and HE owns sandman, then he walks over to spider-man saying he wanted to kill him hiself, but then maybe GG2 comes in because he also wants vengance twards him and GG2 and venom fight, venom almost ownz GG2 but then he flys off on his glider in search of spider-man b4 he himself dies and venom laggs behind GG2 cause hes much faster on the glider, harry finds spidey and they fight, then he kills harry and and then he leaves the fight area. Then a bit after he leaves Venom comes in and finds gg2 dead in his mansion and gos off and finds spider-man, then starts fighting spider-man ontop of a building or wtvr, and venoms using all his crazy tricks(blend in to the env. ect.) and he ownz spider-man and he laughs at him and for some reason venom leaves him to die, but somthing makes him live and soon the movie ends, setting venom up for next movie.:spidey:
sounds like spider-man gets owned through my version of the movie :p

Spider-Bite said:
nice. :up: good thinking

thanks man,btw what would be your description of a cool spidey vs sandman fight,one in which of course:) spidey also hits sandman.

I think Sandman is gonna be like the T-1000 in T2... pretty much indestructable through ordinary means... Spiderman can only hope to contain him... the first battle however... Spidey will get his ass kicked... when he gets the symbiate I think it will be pretty much even...

DroolingforGwen said:
I think Sandman is gonna be like the T-1000 in T2... pretty much indestructable through ordinary means... Spiderman can only hope to contain him... the first battle however... Spidey will get his ass kicked... when he gets the symbiate I think it will be pretty much even...

Yea but the thing is how,because the symbiote will only give spidey extra strenth and speed agility and such,but punches are punches so he can only break sandman but he as the T-1000 will piece himself back together,he will restructure his molecules,the other thing that can happen(which would make for awwsome visuals is that maybe i ntheir fight spidey suddenly throws a punch, but a tendril comes out of his fist like a giant whip and each time it hits sandman it contaminates his molecules,until sandman starts to feel tired and sick and starts to lose control over his shapeshifting abilities.

I was just wondering about something. How are they going to make the villains realistic to an audience who doesn't understand comic-logic? Green Goblin made since in a science fiction way. The chemicals gave him enhanced stregnth and speed. And technology made up for anything else. doctor Octopus was able to control the arms through a mental bond. And the arms were strong because they were scientifically created to be used to withstand "the power of the sun".

Even if you don't read comics the previous villains made sense. People understood how their powers work. And it was acceptable. How do you male Sandman or Venom make sense? Like Sandman is all sand. So even when he's in a normal human mode he doesn't really have organs or anything anymore. He doesn't breathe. He's more a less a sand castle in the form of a man.

Venom (either the symbiote or with brock), I think makes more sense. But still might be confusing to people who have never read the comics. Do you think they will dumb down some of their powers? Or simply not show/mention them?

ChineseFooD said:
I was just wondering about something. How are they going to make the villains realistic to an audience who doesn't understand comic-logic? Green Goblin made since in a science fiction way. The chemicals gave him enhanced stregnth and speed. And technology made up for anything else. doctor Octopus was able to control the arms through a mental bond. And the arms were strong because they were scientifically created to be used to withstand "the power of the sun".

Even if you don't read comics the previous villains made sense. People understood how their powers work. And it was acceptable. How do you male Sandman or Venom make sense? Like Sandman is all sand. So even when he's in a normal human mode he doesn't really have organs or anything anymore. He doesn't breathe. He's more a less a sand castle in the form of a man.

Venom (either the symbiote or with brock), I think makes more sense. But still might be confusing to people who have never read the comics. Do you think they will dumb down some of their powers? Or simply not show/mention them?

people will wonder how sandman does what he does but they will still like him because his visuals will be so awesome.

ChineseFooD said:

Basic suspension of belief. Everyone realizes that being bitten by a genetically mutated spider doesn't give you the powers that Spiderman has. Same principle here. The incident occurs that turns Marko into Sandman, a few doctors/scientists babble briefly about why and what he is able to do, and if done so in a simple way, the audience subconsciously accepts those facts as a part of the character/story. See Fantasic 4, Terminator, Superman, etc., for examples of making the impossible believable... at least for two hours!:)

Spider-Bite said:
people will wonder how sandman does what he does but they will still like him because his visuals will be so awesome.

Maybe he'll be more like a ghost or somethin'. Like his soul is controlling the sand/molecules.

not sure if this has been brought up or not
but something i read made me wonder if sandman will be like dry sand or wet sand
i could imagine what a character that can turn to wet sand would look like much easier than i can a character made of dry sand...and getting hit with a clump of wet sand would be harder than dry sand, i should think
i assume that JJJ will give sandman his name in this movie, like with doc ock, so the best analogy he'll have when he sees a guy that goes all goopy will be like sand at a beach and when he hits you it's lights out, bring on the sandman, hence the name

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"