BvS How should Batman be introduced?

You could have batman before the zod message doing his thing with practical tech just to get a feel for it, then witnessing the zod message and the coming events being powerless to do anything ( I know that would cringe the batman fans but seriously, he'd get owned ). Cut to three years later, metropolis is being rebuilt Bruce Wayne is now more than batman ever was, helping rebuild with lex ( throw in some Thomas Wayne bits about building a better world ) . Show Bruce studying left behind krypton tech in the fallout of the three years. Have him reopen the batcave and start building new "toys". Add Alfred's annoyance in his returning to the cave and that he's doing better now than he ever did as the batman. Bruce explains this is for his own curiousity, away from lex just in case. At some point in the plot it should then be too much for superman I.e. Incapacitated/ in trouble. Bruce then puts on the batman suit once again to help superman, realising that he's the batman now and always. They shake hands at the end.

Could even have a scene of the press saying to Bruce Wayne that crime in Gotham is slowly growing, with an underground fallowing. And critisizing him for turning away Gotham to help metropolis. Have them mention since the batman went up in smoke it's been getting worse. Bruce can say " let me ask you, have you seen the batman? Has anyone seen the batman??" No hands are shown " he's an urban legend made by desperate people". Have him then explain his reasons due to metropolis' infrastructure being blown up, and that he's be returning soon to shake things up. ( so by the new batman film we have him return to clean up the criminals in the night )

camera looks him square in the face as he says, 'introduction? i'm the god *am* Batman!!!'

I quite like the idea of first seeing Bruce in the cave sat at the Batcomputer, doing random busy work when suddenly you get the "You are not alone" transmission splash up on the screen. You realise this is taking place halfway through the events of the first film and you get his stone-faced reaction to the demands. Cut to black. Titles.

Simple introduction of Batman with an explaination of his MOS whereabouts.

Hire me Warner Bros. I'm ready.

A thousand times this. :up::up:

I quite like the idea of first seeing Bruce in the cave sat at the Batcomputer, doing random busy work when suddenly you get the "You are not alone" transmission splash up on the screen. You realise this is taking place halfway through the events of the first film and you get his stone-faced reaction to the demands. Cut to black. Titles.

But you would get the fanboys complaining; why didn't Batman come and help?. :o

I could see this really well.

Bruce is sitting at the Bat computer in the dank cave, then all of a sudden the lights flicker and go. Zod appears on the main screen and gives his ultimatum. Bruce glares at the screen as the message ends and the lights flicker back to life throughout the cave. Alfred walks down the staircase entrance to the cave.

Alfred: "Master Wayne, it appears the backup generators have proved their worth, but what do you plan on doing about this General Zod character?"

Bruce stands up to reveal that he is already wearing the Batsuit (minus the mask).

Bruce: "We'll wait... until the time is right. Besides, I have a feeling this 'Kal-El' will do the right thing."

Alfred: "You sound like you've already done your homework..."

Cut to the computer screen showing that Batman has hacked the Daily Planet servers and found Lois's original report about Clark that Perry decided not to run with.

Bruce: "Miss Lane is a good reporter"

Fighting like the Devil himself!

Batman_%28New_Frontier%29.png

But you would get the fanboys complaining; why didn't Batman come and help?. :o

I'd write it as Bruce not being able to contribute, just because he's watching a message angrily/stone faced. The reality is zod would melt him into a ball of goo. Remember, batman is only effective when he's thought of every angle.

An alien invasion in this universe is probably not on his radar. Perhaps the satellite that zod trashes can temporarily blind the batcave which leads to Bruce being in the dark as everyone else, shaking his foundations. I'd show him watching and learning, whilst doing the best he can as Bruce for the time being as this "superman" is handling it. Until he creates new gadgets and reverse engineers a krypton ship to make what we know as the bat plane (unlimited fuel recourses and junk?) better armor fabrics that can protect him better.

Insert new crisis where the odds are against superman ( bare in mind that this IS a superman film for the most part ) and have batman come out of retirement with new arsenals to help.

I hope some detective type of work.

I can see that, that could be a really good way to explain the retirement. Perhaps witnessing god like beings made him feel he didn't have a place in this new world when beings could fire lasers from their eyes. Perhaps before kryptonions arriving batman was small time in comparison, using practical tech for street thugs and whatnot. Introduce krypton tech and Bruce Wayne reverse engineering to make the bat plane, better armoured suits, and powerful gadgets and maybe batman feels a second wind and decides he can't just watch as a bystander

If they are grounding the characters in a real world, I would like to see Batman use only tools like in the Nolan movies that could exist today. Minus the microwave and all those other things that would not, but just seeing him deal with Superman having what the people of Earth have now.

I think it would be a cop out if they said "Aha, thank goodness Batman could beat the Kryptonian because he invented the 'Whatever Device' which allows him to [blank] and now he can beat Superman". Nope, none of that. I would like him to have things that could exist. Flash grenades, the smoke grenades, the hooks, throwing stars, armored vehicle and armored suit, but not stuff that is made up. If you can make up in the real world stuff that doesn't exist, well then why not invent an entire fog of Kryptonite through the entire world that makes Superman human or ill permanently, etc. If you do that then it isn't set in the real world and one line of dialogue makes Batman win: "Thank goodness I Batman invented the 'Whatever Device' and now I win!". It should be Earth technology (because that is where Superman/Batman live) vs. the alien and then see how Batman would "win".

Last edited:
If they are grounding the characters in a real world, I would like to see Batman use only tools like in the Nolan movies that could exist today. Minus the microwave and all those other things that would not, but just seeing him deal with Superman having what the people of Earth have now.

I think it would be a cop out if they said "Aha, thank goodness Batman could beat the Kryptonian because he invented the 'Whatever Device' which allows him to [blank] and now he can beat Superman". Nope, none of that. I would like him to have things that could exist. Flash grenades, the smoke grenades, the hooks, throwing stars, armored vehicle and armored suit, but not stuff that is made up. If you can make up in the real world stuff that doesn't exist, well then why not invent an entire fog of Kryptonite through the entire world that makes Superman human or ill permanently, etc. If you do that then it isn't set in the real world and one line of dialogue makes Batman win: "Thank goodness I Batman invented the 'Whatever Device' and now I win!". It should be Earth technology (because that is where Superman/Batman live) vs. the alien and then see how Batman would "win".

At any rate, they are going to upset either bat fans or super fans. Personally they shouldn't have made it a vs film. Why can't they get alawng?

I could see this really well.

Bruce is sitting at the Bat computer in the dank cave, then all of a sudden the lights flicker and go. Zod appears on the main screen and gives his ultimatum. Bruce glares at the screen as the message ends and the lights flicker back to life throughout the cave. Alfred walks down the staircase entrance to the cave.

Alfred: "Master Wayne, it appears the backup generators have proved their worth, but what do you plan on doing about this General Zod character?"

Bruce stands up to reveal that he is already wearing the Batsuit (minus the mask).

Bruce: "We'll wait... until the time is right. Besides, I have a feeling this 'Kal-El' will do the right thing."

Alfred: "You sound like you've already done your homework..."

Cut to the computer screen showing that Batman has hacked the Daily Planet servers and found Lois's original report about Clark that Perry decided not to run with.

Bruce: "Miss Lane is a good reporter"

No thanks. I understand Batman couldn't really have done anything against Zod and his army, but having him actually say he isn't going to do anything sets him up as a giant d**k. And it's really out of character for Batman to just trust an alien he has never met before to save the world. Also, Lois didn't know the name Kal-El so it wouldn't have been in the report, but that's just me nitpicking.

I actually think it would be kind of cool if they explained that Batman actually was there in Metropolis, stealthily using his tech to save civilians. It would give Bats more of a reason to distrust Superman initially, because he could view it as while Superman was busy fighting Bats was actually trying to save people.

Cavill should be BFFs with Affleck and Damon in real life

ya know, for the movie and all

[YT]zyIpPMijEVo[/YT]

like this with all the drones doing the work.

He walks out of the shadows and says "Hi! I'm Batman!" :cwink:

What about if they went on a date at the start?

Superman: so tell me what stimulates you?
Batman: I like punching people in the face, and justice!
Superman: me to ( looks aroused ) say what if we get out of here? my cars parked out back
Batman: I brought mine!!! ( bat mobile through Italian resterount )
Superman : check please.

Superman: me to ( looks aroused ) say what if we get out of here? my cars parked out back

Maybe they are watching that football game?

:funny:

Maybe they are watching that football game?
I heard that scene got scrapped.

Through a skylight. Always through a skylight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"