BvS How should Batman be introduced?

I would like one scene where maybe Batman decides to challenge Superman but to settle it for people that always say who would win, or this or that, that Batman is throwing all the toys he wants at Superman and Superman pretty much stands there same way Bane did. Just blows and pushes him away or that Batman tries to move a muscle and Superman is just gone, behind him, etc. same way Faora was moving among the military men in Man of Steel. Not to offend the Batman fans, but just so people stop making an argument for how Batman might win even for a moment.

no that wouldn't be realistic. Batman is to keen and cunning for that. Remember he has beaten superman numerous times not only in fiction, but the in cartoons as well.

in batman superman worlds fienst, batman casually threw superman across the room like nothing

and Superman would never use his full power against a human which Batman is a human against a super powered being .

and Superman would never use his full power against a human which Batman is a human against a super powered being .
batman has also never used his full arsenal or power against superman either. so it's a stalemate

no that wouldn't be realistic. Batman is to keen and cunning for that. Remember he has beaten superman numerous times not only in fiction, but the in cartoons as well.

in batman superman worlds fienst, batman casually threw superman across the room like nothing

But those are interpretations by people, if you look at it scientifically, it wouldn't happen. They shouldn't go by the interpretations of what has happened in a comic or whatever or a cartoon. They should go by what would realistically happened if a good fighter went up against a man who moves faster than a speeding bullet and is basically everything-on-Earth-proof. What would happen? That is how it should be viewed, it should not be viewed as whatever a writer decided would happen, but rather what actually would happen if such an alien existed.

If a person is faster than a bullet, well basically if you were about to shoot him with a gun, he is faster than said bullet, he could theoretically rip Batman's finger off before the gun would even be out of the holster. How can someone who is faster than a bullet have reflexes that are so slow that a quick fighter could take advantage of to throw him anywhere? That is writers wishful thinking but scientifically not possible.

[YT]watch?v=V-fL8zopddI[/YT]

If they took things like that into account, then you are talking about a realistic encounter.

batman has also never used his full arsenal or power against superman either. so it's a stalemate

Unless he has a bomb or something that could cover the entire planet with Kryptonite and extend into space and that it is fast enough to catch Superman and strong enough to make Superman weak enough to where he is actually almost human, then I seriously doubt that his entire arsenal would be of any use to him.

If Bane breaks his back in the comics and movies and everything what chance would he stand against a super fast super powerful alien that could just pick him up and handcuff Batman's hands and feet to the top of a flagpole on the other side of the globe before Batman has even blinked?

He could use his full speed though, that wouldn't even be close. I think the only reason Batman would ever win would be favoritism, not a well thought out scientifically accurate or plausible scenario.

Last edited:
Batman is a human still at the peak of physical fitness mind you but still a human. All Supes needs to do is use heat vision from a distance and fry his a$$.

Batman is a human still at the peak of physical fitness mind you but still a human. All Supes needs to do is use heat vision from a distance and fry his a$$.

S*** if Superman sneezed on him he could send him 100 feet away.

Prep time.

Superman has tremendous speed. Batman would need enough prep time to come up with some pretty special suction cups that wouldn't let Superman pick Batman off the ground and carry him to the middle of Bangladesh and strip him of all his toys and put him in a jail cell or box or something before Batman has had enough time to blink.

Prep time would not make him super fast.

Fans of Batman in particular always say prep-time or smart, etc. and they say "he would find a way" but what is that way? A writer would have to invent that way for Batman to win.

Superman scientifically though would not be able to be beaten. A writer coming up with a story is different than a scientist finding something out. Scientifically, Superman would win.

S*** if Superman sneezed on him he could send him 100 feet away.

Superman has tremendous speed. Batman would need enough prep time to come up with some pretty special suction cups that wouldn't let Superman pick Batman off the ground and carry him to the middle of Bangladesh and strip him of all his toys and put him in a jail cell or box or something before Batman has had enough time to blink.

Prep time would not make him super fast.

Intelligence >>>> physical prowess

Toe to toe a gorilla would rip an MIT student to pieces.

But if the student studied the gorilla and prepared, the gorilla would walk right into his trap.

Batman knows Superman better than Superman knows himself. He always does extra homework on potential adversaries.

Intelligence >>>> physical prowess

Toe to toe a gorilla would rip an MIT student to pieces.

But if the student studied the gorilla and prepared, the gorilla would walk right into his trap.

Batman knows Superman better than Superman knows himself. He always does extra homework on potential adversaries.

Okay, so the example I gave. How would Batman be fast enough in anyway? And what Earthly weapons would Batman have to beat him when the entire military did not have a single thing that could slow any of the Kryptonians down?

We are talking about an MIT student fighting a gorilla who is smarter than the average man who can fly and nothing of this planet can slow him down and happens to be so fast that before the MIT student picks up a gun the gorilla could have carried the MIT student back to MIT. And the gorilla also can hear everything, so he would hear the student's footsteps, his breathing, his blinking, his stomach churn, everything!

I have heard a lot of "the writers would come up with something to beat Superman" is not a scientific explanation. If we are making up things, well then wouldn't they just be able to invent anything then? Like a magic Kryptonite gun that is faster than Superman who poisons Superman, etc. even though it would not be scientifically possible to make that out of a meteorite.

Last edited:
My god Frank Miller has a lot to answer for with this crap. Let me guess he'll also take down Darkseid in hand to hand combat. :funny:

Okay, so the example I gave. How would Batman be fast enough in anyway? And what Earthly weapons would Batman have to beat him when the entire military did not have a single thing that could slow any of the Kryptonians down?

We are talking about an MIT student fighting a gorilla who is smarter than the average man who can fly and nothing of this planet can slow him down.

If Lex Luthor can hundreds find ways to trick/weaken Superman then Batman can find at least a dozen.

You can reference countless comics if you want to find past ways Luthor has got the upper hand on Superman.

If Lex Luthor can hundreds find ways to trick/weaken Superman then Batman can find at least a dozen.

You can reference countless comics if you want to find past ways Luthor has got the upper hand on Superman.

But I am saying within what is scientifically possible on the planet Earth at the present time, how would he win? With what technology of present day Earth would they beat him? It would have to be an invention, not a realistic thing.

Comics have a lot of inventions and robots and things that don't/could not exist in present day Earth, the Earth Man of Steel is set in.

If Man of Steel is set in present day Earth, we shouldn't have writers inventing things to make it a fair fight. It is set in present day Earth and they should be bound by present day Earth technology, not by comic book technology.

Last edited:
My god Frank Miller has a lot to answer for with this crap. Let me guess he'll also take down Darkseid in hand to hand combat. :funny:

In Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, Batman gets Darkseid to back off with bombs set the destroy the planet Apokolips.

Batman uses strategy to beat superpowered villains, not brute force.

Haha I had a feeling someone would mention that.:funny:

Anyhoo this is how Batman should be introduced thread. I commented after Jplaya2023 said Batman would come in and rescue Supes and deal with Doomy after Supes gets beaten up.

But I am saying within what is scientifically possible on the planet Earth at the present time, how would he win? With what technology of present day Earth would they beat him? It would have to be an invention, not a realistic thing.

Comics have a lot of inventions and robots and things that don't/could not exist in present day Earth, the Earth Man of Steel is set in.

If Man of Steel is set in present day Earth, we shouldn't have writers inventing things to make it a fair fight. It is set in present day Earth and they should be bound by present day Earth technology, not by comic book technology.

Movie Superman already breaks the rules of plausibility by being an invincible alien with various superpowers including flight.

but ignoring that, you may not be able to use magic to beat him in the movie-verse but what about reverse engineered Kryptonian technology or some type of secret military tech that is theoretically possible?

Movie Superman already breaks the rules of plausibility by being an invincible alien with various superpowers.

Sure you can't use magic to beat him in the movie-verse but what about reverse engineered Kryptonian technology or some type of secret military tech that is theoretically possible?

The universe is just about infinite for lack of a better word, so there are billions of possibilities for life. The thought of life existing elsewhere is accepted by the most brilliant scientists to just about every astronaut there is. There is no doubt in the scientific community that in all of the universe there is life.

It is scientifically acceptable that life exists elsewhere. But the rest of the stuff would have to be movie inventions to defeat an alien whose DNA has not been studied, etc.

I think only the alien should break the rules of out planet and physics because it can be explained by the fact that he is alien. Giving Batman ways and tools to win would just be that, an excuse to please fans. The fun of Batman should be that with items found on Earth he can win battles against anyone, but he can't do that with Superman and it is okay. It is okay for Batman to not win.

Last edited:
OKay this was fun but lets get back on topic.

We will never settle the Batman vs Superman debate.

I want Bruce Wayne to be introduced some where in the beggining. Him and lex should be tight, business partners and friends. He's retired batman but recent events from supes sparks him back to life. Then we get a scene reminsent of the mask of the phantasm scene where Alfred's holding the bat mask and Bruce puts it on and Alfred goes "my god..." I guess I want a sense of mystery to it. But when we finally see him I want to be actually scared him, physically intimidating like a horror movie monster.

tumblr_n3fn38Uq831rrbm4io5_250.gif

tumblr_lyzr9w5S551qepf8yo1_500.gif

I quite like the idea of first seeing Bruce in the cave sat at the Batcomputer, doing random busy work when suddenly you get the "You are not alone" transmission splash up on the screen. You realise this is taking place halfway through the events of the first film and you get his stone-faced reaction to the demands. Cut to black. Titles.

Simple introduction of Batman with an explaination of his MOS whereabouts.

Hire me Warner Bros. I'm ready.

I quite like the idea of first seeing Bruce in the cave sat at the Batcomputer, doing random busy work when suddenly you get the "You are not alone" transmission splash up on the screen. You realise this is taking place halfway through the events of the first film and you get his stone-faced reaction to the demands. Cut to black. Titles.

Simple introduction of Batman with an explaination of his MOS whereabouts.

Hire me Warner Bros. I'm ready.

I can see that, that could be a really good way to explain the retirement. Perhaps witnessing god like beings made him feel he didn't have a place in this new world when beings could fire lasers from their eyes. Perhaps before kryptonions arriving batman was small time in comparison, using practical tech for street thugs and whatnot. Introduce krypton tech and Bruce Wayne reverse engineering to make the bat plane, better armoured suits, and powerful gadgets and maybe batman feels a second wind and decides he can't just watch as a bystander

Either that or have him come in like David copperfield, on wires with glitter and s**t...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"