How should the movie end?

Lightning Strikez! said:
I'd like to see a montage of scenes of all the survivors going about their daily routines with some sort of voiceover--perhaps the mainstay "Evolution" motto that sandwiches the first two films.

A glimpse of the entire X-Men family united together would also be appropriate.

Yeah, either that or with Cyclops ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:
(what is that? :confused: )

It's hoping Cyke stays alive at the end.

Lightning Strikez! said:
*scratches head*

What happened to the goatee? :p

Lightning Strikez! said:
A glimpse of the entire X-Men family united together would also be appropriate.

Or the Entire cast with (Logan) in the lead singing the Tomorrow Is A Day Away song during the End Credits :eek:

The movie needs to end with the following:

1) A feeling of completion: I don't want to feel like nothing really happenend in the end. I know we probably won't, but I really hope we are all left with some sort of emotional impact, even if its the same one that we had at the end of X2, Jean dying and not knowing what the President was going to do, but still with hope.

2) Deaths meaning something: We all know that deaths are going to occur. By the end of the movie, they had better really really mean something to the plot. I want the deaths being recognized as something that really affected everyone but the X-Men realize they must move on in order to honor their fallen heroes.

3) Jean Grey- I'm not entirely sure what I want to happen here, but something pretty big must happen or this movie will be a letdown in my mind. If she dies, she better not die evil.

the thing is, she cant die in the last film and then die for real in this one, even though thats what happened, they could do it like the x-men cartoons back in the 90's, where it played out almost similar to the comics but jean lives at the end and we didnt go through this whole, cacoon and clone stuff

With a dark future for mutants, Sinister appearing and setting a X4 and (this goes for Cyke fans) with Cyclops as the leader.

it should end with the credits....oooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaa.
heh, just kidding. I like your idea MoiBijou, although Cyclops will probably die in this flick:(

if Cyclops dies or is left for dead Mr. Sinister should rescue him and take him in as something he might be able to use as well as have a shadowy silhouette of Apocalypse. something of an Age of the Apocalypse cliffhanger. i only say this since Angel is in it and i doubt he turns into Archangel in this one.

With credits, just jokin, I think that angel should turn into archangel sometime at the end of the movie. Thats the only thing I want (and maybe a apocalypse reference).

This is how I would end it:

Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Quills, and Multiple Man are dead.
Pyro and Psylocke are in prison.
Juggernaut and Arclight are on the loose.
Callisto, Leech, and others escape underground. Form the Morlocks we know from the comics.
Storm gives the eulogy at Xavier's funeral.
A now normal Jean is in hiding from the military/govnt at the mansion. Her and Scott watch the funeral from a window.
Scott takes over headmaster duties from Xavier.
Logan finally makes the school his home.
Rogue accepts her powers and tells Bobby to be with Kitty.
The President gives Trask the go ahead to put Sentinels into mass production.
Beast and Angel stay with the X-men.

A combination of tragedy and hope. Also a set-up for more Sentinels, Morlocks, and Marauders in X4. And both Scott and Jean are alive to take part in a Sinister storyline.

That would be an excellent ending

tonytr1687 said:

Callisto, Leech, and others escape underground. Form the Morlocks we know from the comics.
A now normal Jean is in hiding from the military/govnt at the mansion. Her and Scott watch the funeral from a window.

A combination of tragedy and hope. Also a set-up for more Sentinels, Morlocks, and Marauders in X4. And both Scott and Jean are alive to take part in a Sinister storyline.

fantastic ending
***claps hands***

tonytr1687 said:

That's actually quite an interesting ending but I think Leech will stay at the mansion instead of joining Callisto! I like your idea about Jean hiding in the mansion from the government! It's just like in the cartoon when the Shiar wanted to kill Jean but in the movieverse their role will be played by the government!

Sunstar said:
That's actually quite an interesting ending but I think Leech will stay at the mansion instead of joining Callisto! I like your idea about Jean hiding in the mansion from the government! It's just like in the cartoon when the Shiar wanted to kill Jean but in the movieverse their role will be played by the government!

Well I know in the actual movie Leech will probably end up at the mansion, but this is just how I would have done it.

MoiBijou said:
With a dark future for mutants, Sinister appearing and setting a X4 and (this goes for Cyke fans) with Cyclops as the leader.

i like this ending

lordofthenerds said:
I've got a hunch that the funeral be near the end, but I think the end itself will be the school opening up again.

I strongly believe the funeral will be at the beginning and will be Jeans, I think it sets up everything perfectly (bringing Beast back, who knew Jean before when he was an X-man and cared for her + brings Moira McTaggart who must have known her)

I think the absense of Cyclops and Xavier means they must be watching from above (too emotionaly hurt to be there)

Or else cyclops is emotionally torn apart and goes back to where she died rather than attend the funeral

tonytr1687 said:

This is an interesting and ok ending but has flaws...

I would suggest it would end with Jean dying GOOD or surviving (brought back by Cyclops)
and X-men going forth and trying to move on... where the world is either becoming at peace or at least peaceful for the moment.

I like your ideas of mixes of optimism and tragedy, I hope it ends like that

A decent conclusion with a sense of purpose, that doesn't have some ridiculous cliff-hanger ending so as to detract from everything meaningful that's been accomplished thus far and that implies that the franchise is just going to become some villain of the week vehicle for ridiculous characters and even more ridiculous storylines.

Well, people here pretty much answered the question for me. The ending should be all the survivors at the mansion, with parents coming to pick up their mutant children for the holiday. Beast, Storm and Iceman are helping them. Logan is somewhere alone in the north. Sinister appears in the end (definitely). Most of Magneto's mutants go into hiding with Callisto (with one eye) and form a group called the Morlocks.

Seems about right to me. Hope.

Though, I really hope that Jean Grey and Cyclops will be ogether at the mansion, helping out the student.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Well, people here pretty much answered the question for me. The ending should be all the survivors at the mansion, with parents coming to pick up their mutant children for the holiday. Beast, Storm and Iceman are helping them. Logan is somewhere alone in the north. Sinister appears in the end (definitely). Most of Magneto's mutants go into hiding with Callisto (with one eye) and form a group called the Morlocks.

Seems about right to me. Hope.

Though, I really hope that Jean Grey and Cyclops will be ogether at the mansion, helping out the student.

that woudl be utterly perfect...EXCEPT the SINISTER part....i really dislike how everyone wants this to happen, how the hell was it even brought up.(Grammer said...) blah blah. I want to come from the theater with a sense of fullfillment and peace.

I 99.9% doubt he will show up. I love the morlock idea, and i can just imagin it now the camera panning over the crowd of mutatns in the sewers ect.....

The Montage idea is really great, and it will really gieve it heart. But sticking sinister in there wont, lol. We dont need a villian cliffhanger, and from what "they" have been saying it will end as if it were the last of the trilogy and movies, so i highly doubt the appearence of one of the biggest x-villians is going to happen.

tonytr1687 said:

Sounds interesting.

Spidey 2007 said:
that woudl be utterly perfect...EXCEPT the SINISTER part....i really dislike how everyone wants this to happen, how the hell was it even brought up.(Grammer said...) blah blah. I want to come from the theater with a sense of fullfillment and peace.

I 99.9% doubt he will show up. I love the morlock idea, and i can just imagin it now the camera panning over the crowd of mutatns in the sewers ect.....

The Montage idea is really great, and it will really gieve it heart. But sticking sinister in there wont, lol. We dont need a villian cliffhanger, and from what "they" have been saying it will end as if it were the last of the trilogy and movies, so i highly doubt the appearence of one of the biggest x-villians is going to happen.

Yeah I dont think a Sinister cliffhanger should happen. He can be the main threat in X4 without having a surprise cameo at the end of X3. The only "villian" cliffhanger that I think should happen is Trask getting the go ahead to start making Sentinels, or just more of them if one or two appear in the climax. Anyway, a Sinister cliffhanger would be too confusing for general audiences unless they made it somewhat vague like X2's ending.

deep_thinkin said:
Sounds interesting.

Oh and I forgot to mention: Callisto would also lose her eye in the final battle and be wearing an eye patch when we see her with the others in the sewers.

tonytr1687 said:
Oh and I forgot to mention: Callisto would also lose her eye in the final battle and be wearing an eye patch when we see her with the others in the sewers.

of course, that would give me chills unlimited

Spidey 2007 said:

Well, they don't have to make him out as Sinister. He could be some human scientist named "Essex" doing something, God knows what. Maybe stick Dr Kavita Rao in there with him. I have a feeling that we'll be having Xavier's narration in the ending with flashes of Storm/Beast/Bobby supervising the younger mutants as their parents pick them up, Logan on his journey, Magneto's mutants forming into the Morlocks inside the sewers with Callisto as their leader, showing the humans protesting, doctors doing experiments or the cure or something in a lab (Essex and Rao?).

I dunno how I'm going to survive the scene where Prof. X dies. I gotta soft spot for the old guy. Thinking of which, I have a soft spot for just about everyone in this film. But nevermind.

The ending is so unpredictable to me. I had no idea in X2 that Jean was going to die. So, pretty much, I have no clue how this thing is going to end. Well, I do, but not enough to sastify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"