How Will Bruce Wayne Return?

Im not sure how the rest of you would feel about this. I read raybia's post and came up with this. If and when Bruce comes back, i think it would be cool if Bruce, in the time period he is in, makes his way(or stumbles upon) to what would later become the Batcave, he starts leaving evidence of his survival and communicates with Dick and Tim through this. If you've seen the film "Frequency", it's something along those lines, minus the radio. Bruce leaves certain clues and instructions for the rest of the Bat-family, resulting in him being brought back to the present. Expanding it and working out the kinks, this could be pretty cool.

All I want is monthly Batman comics, with Bruce Wayne as Batman not Dick

All I want is monthly Batman comics, with Bruce Wayne as Batman not Dick

We got it when you posted it the first time, sadly for you there are more of us that don't mind reading about Dick as Batman then there is those of you who can't read past Bruce Wayne.

You say that like its a bad thing

Not a bad thing but if you want the Nolan universe then stick to your damn Nolan movies. Batman existed before and after Nolan it would suck ass if the comics get revamped to mirror the Nolan movies instead of the mythology progressing logically based on everything that has been previously established.

Thankfully DC knows this and would never take that route, Batman movie fans stick to just being Batman movie fans if the comics are too much for you. There are hundreds of thousands of us who haven't had any real issues with the comics to the point of wanting to see them completely revamped and have been collecting them for many years now. To completely **** on us in favor of you guys won't exactly be in DC's best interest financially.

We got it when you posted it the first time, sadly for you there are more of us that don't mind reading about Dick as Batman then there is those of you who can't read past Bruce Wayne.

Ok.. no need to be a *****e

Ok.. no need to be a *****e

If being upfront with facts is being a *****e then consider me happy in my *****ery. Besides there will be a monthly comic featuring the Bruce Wayne Batman in Batman Confidential and there are many TPB's starring Bruce as Batman that I'm positive you haven't read yet, so there is something for everybody out there.

Batman comics died after HUSH. and that was years ago. I am choosing to ignore G. Morrison's run as well as heart of hush & BFTC.

back to basics PLEASE!

i wanna see the dichotomy of Bruce Wayne & Batman... to hell with evertything else...

DC screws everything up!

Batman comics died after HUSH. and that was years ago. I am choosing to ignore G. Morrison's run as well as heart of hush & BFTC.

back to basics PLEASE!

i wanna see the dichotomy of Bruce Wayne & Batman... to hell with evertything else...

DC screws everything up!

If you choose to ignore stuff that's your prerogative but I can't see how DC screws everything up especially when they have a lot of titles right now with better writing than most Marvel comics.

We've seen the dichotomy of Bruce Wayne and Batman THOUSANDS OF TIMES! Hell, even Morrison shows an extreme form of it in RIP. Morrison, like it or not, is doing something new and interesting with Batman. I'm also kind of ignoring his run too(as i've discovered a boatload of other interesting, and in my opinion, better comics that i'd rather read), but for Christ's sake! All this pissing and moaning is ridiculous. If you want Bruce Wayne so bad, there's a crap load of TPBs, uncollected back issues and Batman: Confidential ALL featuring Bruce Wayne that you can read, especially if you want the back to basics, dichotomy of Bruce Wayne and Batman crap that we've all seen too much of.

We've seen the dichotomy of Bruce Wayne and Batman THOUSANDS OF TIMES! Hell, even Morrison shows an extreme form of it in RIP. Morrison, like it or not, is doing something new and interesting with Batman. I'm also kind of ignoring his run too(as i've discovered a boatload of other interesting, and in my opinion, better comics that i'd rather read), but for Christ's sake! All this pissing and moaning is ridiculous. If you want Bruce Wayne so bad, there's a crap load of TPBs, uncollected back issues and Batman: Confidential ALL featuring Bruce Wayne that you can read, especially if you want the back to basics, dichotomy of Bruce Wayne and Batman crap that we've all seen too much of.

:applaud:bow:

Yeah i don't see why people want Bruce Wayne back so badly, you all want to go back to stale comics where he just fights crime and so on each issue? I wanna see some damn progression on Gotham city and the others now that they see Bruce Wayne as a goner.

Your loss. quite unfortunate really

and Hush is no standard to measure batman comics by. you're also missing out on gotham central, Under the Hood and a few other very decent and important books

[back to basics PLEASE!

does this mean that they're like too complicated or something for you? that you can't grappble with a comic book? it's really the same as watching something like Lost or 24 on TV

Paul Dini's Detective run including Heart of Hush is more traditional if you like. not as rudimentrary as Loeb's Hush but still has that classic fun feel of old

this was explored in RIP in a major way and will remain a central element in Batman Reborn.

Alright guys look,

1) i don't measure bat-comics by Hush. It just seems that it was one of the last coherent stories (not the last, I mean look at the One Year Later stuff).

2) I'm all for Dick becoming Batman TEMPORARILY, that rules. I don't like that Morrison tried to explore the entire comic book run of Batman in a story arc, trying to explain away the camp era.

3) i don't particularly like Damian. Never have. Batman having a son seems like a poor publicity stunt. It just doesn't seem like Batman to me (not the one I grew up with anyway.)

4) I LOVE DINI & he is the best thing to hit BAT COMICS SINCE god knows when. I have a lot of his detective run, but don't know about Heart of Hush, as it ties in with the RIP tripe.

5) I don't watch TV and am able to "grapple" with comics. I love large, long, convoluted story lines.

IN FACT THERE ARE PARTS OF RIP THAT APPEAL TO ME VERY MUCH.

What I don't agree with is "copycats" in BFTC. We saw it with DKR & once was enough.

Why does everyone put on a Batsuit and ONCE BRUCE IS GONE "OOH I'LL BE BATMAN".

it would have made more sense to have existing superheroes try to pick up the slack in Batman's absence. Or have Dick just do a Prodigal all over again.

SORRY FOLKS... there are just some things I can't get my head around as a purist.

2) I'm all for Dick becoming Batman TEMPORARILY, that rules. I don't like that Morrison tried to explore the entire comic book run of Batman in a story arc, trying to explain away the camp era.

Well why not? I thought it worked nicely. Ace was their mansion dog as Bruce, Alfred and Dick tried to live a normal family so why not a pet?
3) i don't particularly like Damian. Never have. Batman having a son seems like a poor publicity stunt. It just doesn't seem like Batman to me (not the one I grew up with anyway.)

Translation: I'm not willing to accept change to my character and wish things would stay the same even tho everything progresses in years? >_>
4) I LOVE DINI & he is the best thing to hit BAT COMICS SINCE god knows when. I have a lot of his detective run, but don't know about Heart of Hush, as it ties in with the RIP tripe.

Only thing there is to RIP is that Hush is like "hurr black glove wants to kill Bruce? No i WILL be the one!"
IN FACT THERE ARE PARTS OF RIP THAT APPEAL TO ME VERY MUCH.

Well why not read it? =O

Why does everyone put on a Batsuit and ONCE BRUCE IS GONE "OOH I'LL BE BATMAN".

If you've read the story (well i guess ill spoil it here, don't read if you don't wish to ofcourse) you'd realize Bruce never excepted the icon of Batman being so important. Gotham needs a Batman to keep the city safe, because its the years of fear he gave the criminals that stopped them to this large scale, so Tim Drake takes up the Batsuit and finds out that Jason Todd had declared himself as the new Batman, murdering criminals and so forth. Dick Grayson doesn't wish to be Batman out of respect, and even in this month's Batman comic he said "i will never be a Batman like Bruce, because i respect what he was" so thats why he is a different Batman as he will keep staying as his own spontanius optimistic himself. :)

have Dick just do a Prodigal all over again.

But the difference is that Bruce is gone now, theres no Bruce in a wheelchair giving advices and whatnot.

I agree, you cannot ignore the fact that those stories are out of continuity now.

Although, Bruce has admitted in stories that MAY be in continuity that while he hasn't killed, some people have died while he's on patrol. It's not like the man hasn't seen death before, and maybe even been responsible by dodging a bullet or a knife that hits someone else.

If you've seen the film "Frequency", it's something along those lines, minus the radio. Bruce leaves certain clues and instructions for the rest of the Bat-family, resulting in him being brought back to the present. Expanding it and working out the kinks, this could be pretty cool.

Crimson Mist, this would be an awesome idea for Red Robin

Alright guys look,

1) i don't measure bat-comics by Hush. It just seems that it was one of the last coherent stories (not the last, I mean look at the One Year Later stuff).

if certain books are not to your taste it doesn't mean they don't make perfect sense to other other people. an ambiguous ending or non-linear narrative does not make a story incoherent

try reading City of Crime if you think RIP is incoherent

although i generally agree that post Hush the main Batman comics were pretty much a wasteland, barring Under the Hood vol.2

what's a stunt about it? it's just a provoking change in the set-up.

it has NOTHING to do with RIP though. seriously

Im not sure how the rest of you would feel about this. I read raybia's post and came up with this. If and when Bruce comes back, i think it would be cool if Bruce, in the time period he is in, makes his way(or stumbles upon) to what would later become the Batcave, he starts leaving evidence of his survival and communicates with Dick and Tim through this. If you've seen the film "Frequency", it's something along those lines, minus the radio. Bruce leaves certain clues and instructions for the rest of the Bat-family, resulting in him being brought back to the present. Expanding it and working out the kinks, this could be pretty cool.

I like it!

Yeah I think that idea was some what used in an episode of Super Friends.

Not entirely sure though.

I just started reading comics again around TDK hype, and a little confused on what is going on with Batman.

I have most of RIP and only Final Crisis #6.

So I'm not sure where excatly Bruce went, who Anthro or the Savage guy you cats are talking about are.

But I'm enjoying the idea of him being gone for awhile. It's not like we will never see Bruce become Batman again, so why not enjoy the change while we got it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"