How Will Bruce Wayne Return?

Hey i heard Batman|Ras' al ghul: Year One it's established that Bruce has a lazarus pit under the Batcave, anyone might wanna explain did this get retconned out or its just not useable?

I just can't wait for the flashback arc that will explain what happened to Bruce and where he's been. I'm really hoping we get this when he returns.

I already know how he'll come back, tim will figure out that the omega station or whatever it's called doesn't kill and he will see what he can do to bring him back

We got it when you posted it the first time, sadly for you there are more of us that don't mind reading about Dick as Batman then there is those of you who can't read past Bruce Wayne.

Even though I love it, I can still understand why he's unhappy.
I respect his opinion. Just let the man post it. He shouldn't have to leave the boards because he disagrees with the direction. :)

Nolan's 3rd Batman film will force DC to come up with a story bringing Bruce back for the sake of movie tie-ins. Can't have Bucky as Cap with the new Captain America and Avengers film in our futures, can't have the next Nolan-Bats movie without the original in comics.

Nolan's 3rd Batman film will force DC to come up with a story bringing Bruce back for the sake of movie tie-ins. Can't have Bucky as Cap with the new Captain America and Avengers film in our futures, can't have the next Nolan-Bats movie without the original in comics.

This is the same argument i hear from "Bruce Wayne shouldn't have died. How can the new Batman fans from Nolan movies get to the comics now that Bruce isnt Batman?" Honestly Bruce Wayne has over +70 years of GREAT comic book graphical novels fans can all read and enjoy, this is like saying Batman comics need to be grounded to realism because of Nolan, because bringing back Bruce Wayne would need loads of magic/sci-fi elements anyhow.:cmad:

Wrong.

What about comic book movies in the past 2-3 years makes you think that they have any relationship to the comics? They don't and they don't need to. Comic book movies do not seek to bring in "new comic fans" they simply seek to make money.

Not to mention don't they just make a "Year one" story for the villains they introduce in the new movie? They did it for Scarecrow and Two-Face and well.. I don't know can we consider or not "Joker's asylum" story.

what if Bruce is stick in a Time stream? Like he keeps getting shot to one time and another like he goes to past to present and when he comes back he's kind of broken cos he's time itself and is doubting his mission.

bruce's eventual return has been planned long before his death even occurred. it will happen as DC/morrison has it scheduled to happen.

the fact of the matter is this Bob Kane and Bill Finger made Bruce Wayne Batman, Frank Miller's stories focus on Bruce Wayne as batman, now i'm all for change in comic books and it is nice to see certain characters progress and grow in Batman's Absence, but make no mistake Dick Grayson is not Batman, Never has been, Never will be, Bruce Will don the cowl again, its just a question of time

oh and to all those who will bombard me with "you don't want change, you want everything the same" think on this Bruce Wayne is Batman, permenantly excluding him from his own comic is like Replacing Superman with A Chicken, It does not work! oh and saying there's TPB and god knows what else? i have two words COP OUT!

Granted it is nice to see the mantle of the Bat being passed down onto another, much in the same ways as Jean Paul Valley in Knightfall, and its nice to see Dick being the one who dons his surrogate Father's mask. I personally choose to see this run as a something to be enjoyed while Bats gets his things in order, don't ***** about it just enojy the ride until the True Batman Returns :D

Last edited:
I've got a feeling that the Flash (Wally in general) will bring Bruce back, and it will happen during or just after Blackest Night. If anyone has All Star Flash #1 on like the last page of the issue Wally asks Iris what's in store for his family in the future, the bottom picture show's a batsuit (not the Flash suit) coming out of a ring like the Flash's suits do. Tim's going to find out exactly what Darkseid did to Bruce, that he sent him into the past and didn't kill him, and Wally is going to go back and save him, maybe even Barry now that he is back.

When Bruce DOES return what his role will be with Dick as Batman is the question. It's possible that Bruce will feel that after breaking his rule of never using a gun that he doesn't think he has the right to be Batman again, or he could just take a break for a while. If so what will he do. If it is Barbara that's gonna be the Batgirl once again I can see him taking on the role of Oracle to stay involved just like she did after the Joker shot her. It would kinda be like his role from Batman Beyond.

Last edited:
Well in less than a year Batman #700 will be coming out and to make sure that it is a huge event Bruce will be brought back by ra's al ghul

I've been thinking of about this the last couple of days.

We now know that Bruce is returning next summer. We also know that Dan Didio has wanted to kill Dick Grayson since Infinite Crisis, apparently because as Dick Grayson continues to get older, it only ages Bruce more. This is a chance to kill Dick.

Now, I've had no attachment to title stars really before I started reading B&R, because 1) I had no interest with Dick as Nightwing though I realize he is quite likable and loved among many fans, and 2) Damien had been portrayed as a prick. But after these issues, they rock. Morrison's writing has made it work, along with Quitely's art, specifically character designs and use of sound effects. And I realize that Dick's death is going to piss off a lot of people. I understand that.

But here's why I think it happens:

Dick has proven to be a competent Batman, shouldering the responsibility left to him quite well, and is adjusting as the patriarch of this broken family. So after being the man, what else is left for him when Bruce returns? Go back to Nightwing, team ups with ex-Titans. No, no. There's no going back. It would just regress the character.

And also, as of right now, everyone save Tim believe Bruce is dead and gone and there have been no attempts to bring him back. What would be a better impetus than the realization that no one can wear the cowl but Bruce? Dick unfortunately falls in the line of duty, making all of the other members of the Bat family realize Bruce needs to come back.

As for how it happens, eh, Joker takes one look at him and goes, "You're not the real Batman." Then a battle to the death.

This is all nothing but conjecture really, but I wanted to toss it out there.

Anything can be written around in comics. I don't think the editoral staffs are overly concerned with 'aging' anyone. Fans seem more concerned with age all the time, really.

That being said, I think Bruce will pop out of a cake at a bachlorette party...some kind of funky dimensional pocket foulup. :woot:

I see the now why Dan Didio wants to kill dick grayson because it makes bruce old, so if they kill off dick in a heroic way, I will be fine with that, I mean comic death isn't forever lol but dick should go out on top, he has been doing a good job as batman

Well they are gonna' run into the same problem with Damian and Tim? What are they gonna' do then, just kill both of them off so Bruce can live forever?

I say leave him dead...er...lost for awhile. Just me though.

I'd kill Alfred, have a story to show how they have to learn to dress themselves :)

But then after a couple of years, they'll bring back Alfred saying he was never dead but he was kidnapped by Ra's al Ghul and was replaced by an actor :awesome:

Last edited:
Haha, yeah that sounds about right.

I think Alfred's death would really move the charcaters forward into a new age. It wouldn't be THAT big of a deal to anyone else, and force the bat-family to grow up. They are badass and know how to be independent, but still have little child aspects to them. Which some can argue is what makes them work.

I don't know. I just think Alfred dying (for good) would make a really edgy Batman story.

It has to invovle Timmy. If not then why send on his quest in the first place?

I think that the return of Bruce will have nothing to do with what's going on in Red Robin. Unless Grant Morrison starts writing it, because he seems to be steering the Batman ship right about now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"