Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread - Part 1

Any fans that think Fox will put a mask on Hugh Jackman's face are delusional.
These days, any excuse to get the mask off the actor playing a superhero is used. Whether it's Spiderman, Captain American, or Ironman.

Well the Dark Knight Trilogy was critically and financially successful without any excuses to get the mask off. Once he was suited up the cowl stayed on.

Iron Man has a convenient shortcut, you can do a helmet interior close up on Stak's visage.

Captain America never made it a point to hide his true self anyways. Him taking it off is okay.

Now, Spider-man taking his off as easily as a drunk college girl taking off her panties is inexcusable. It is a wonder how half the world doesn't know who Peter is by now.

Should the other X-men also wear masks to hide their identities?

Should the other X-men also wear masks to hide their identities?

Its not necessary to put cowls on everyone. Just give Wolverine a mission where he needs to keep his face hidden and presto. Then he decides to keep the costume/cowl for good.

Scott's cowl can also be justified the same way when they bring him.

Apocalypse will give him adamantium like in comic.

My theory for how Wolverine gets his metal claws back.

One word: MAGNETO

Only problem is where to get the mantium from? Will he get some donor metal from Wolvie's body and spread it out (like in hair restoration), or will he break into the Weapon X of the 70s and get some prototype adamantium to graft onto the skeleton?

There seemed to be plenty of it around in The Wolverine, enough to make a Silver Samurai armour. They said in the film that Yashida had been 'stockpiling' adamantium at the mountain base. Maybe Mariko gave some to Wolverine before he left, in case he was able to get his claws re-coated...

Apoc won't be in most of the movie... maybe a post credits or final scene cameo

I'm talking about new timeline, if he won't be with Stryker this time, then Apocalypse should give him adamantium.

Its not necessary to put cowls on everyone. Just give Wolverine a mission where he needs to keep his face hidden and presto. Then he decides to keep the costume/cowl for good.

Scott's cowl can also be justified the same way when they bring him.
Wolverine with a cowl would be cool but I hope we never see Cyclops with one. As much as I'd like to see more comic inspired costumes, I've never been a fan of the "head condom" look he has in the books. He's always looked better just sticking with the visor and keeping his hair visable.

Wolverine with a cowl would be cool but I hope we never see Cyclops with one. As much as I'd like to see more comic inspired costumes, I've never been a fan of the "head condom" look he has in the books. He's always looked better just sticking with the visor and keeping his hair visable.

I meant this cowl:

Y9q68HK.jpg

They already gave us this

sQvltgi.jpg

We just need the rest of the costumes to follow suit

Explanations why Wolverine could wear the cowl:
-So a mutant can mind control him.
-So Magneto cant control his metal body.
-Its a helmet that is high tech with lens that can see in the dark and see through walls.
-To show humans that mutants aren't scary,that there superheroes,and superheroes wear masks.
-Hides his identity so no one can go back in time to kill him,because they won't know who he is.
-A friend of his wore it and before they died they gave it to him.

These days, any excuse to get the mask off the actor playing a superhero is used. Whether it's Spiderman, Captain American, or Ironman.

This is horse ****. Supers take their masks off in the comics all the damn time. It's not "an excuse to get the mask off", it's filmmakers not being single-minded fanboys obsessed with kewl powerz and Action! and nothing else.

I meant this cowl:

Y9q68HK.jpg

Agreed, this is the best look for Cyke. I hated how Singer half-assed it in X-Men by giving him the visor but not the half-cowl. But then, everything about Cyke was pretty half-assed. It's a shame, because for years I thought James Marsden was a terrible actor and was horribly miscast. Then I realized that he's actually perfectly cast; they just didn't give him anything interesting to say or do because it might have taken the focus off of Wolverine for five seconds.

I still like the movies, don't get me wrong. They actually made me like Wolverine. But I hated what they did with Cyclops, who has always been my favorite X-Man.

i have to say about cyclops something i wasn't fond of is his visor in X1, it was huge on the sides and not very flattering, i get how they wanted to give cyclops a way to turn how powerful his blasts would be to high or low but it was still pretty bulky

I think Cyclops looked great. I think he had the best transition from page to film appearance wise. That half cowl serves no purpose and would have looked terrible on film.

Cyclops looked very good to me as well. He's my favorite character from the comics, and my only real gripe was that we never really got the sense of him being the leader of the group.

*cough* Right. So, eh... Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine...

Cyclops looked very good to me as well. He's my favorite character from the comics, and my only real gripe was that we never really got the sense of him being the leader of the group.

Agree with every word of this. I would sell a kidney to keep Marsden around. I would sell some of y'alls kidneys too^^

Also that post upthread was super dickish, sorry about that.

*cough* Right. So, eh... Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine...
It's the Hype, baby. We don't do "on-topic" posting. :p

But yes, Jackman is The Wolverine. A damn good one, too.

My main question for DoFP is where he'll be when all is said and done. His role during the movie seems clear enough - go back, meet Xavier and Magneto, prevent certain event from happening. I wonder if this film will give Wolverine some kind of ending in the case it's Jackman's last outing?

Agreed, this is the best look for Cyke. I hated how Singer half-assed it in X-Men by giving him the visor but not the half-cowl. But then, everything about Cyke was pretty half-assed. It's a shame, because for years I thought James Marsden was a terrible actor and was horribly miscast. Then I realized that he's actually perfectly cast; they just didn't give him anything interesting to say or do because it might have taken the focus off of Wolverine for five seconds.

I damned if you...don't...

i have to say about cyclops something i wasn't fond of is his visor in X1, it was huge on the sides and not very flattering, i get how they wanted to give cyclops a way to turn how powerful his blasts would be to high or low but it was still pretty bulky

Damned if you do. :oldrazz:

Agreed, this is the best look for Cyke. I hated how Singer half-assed it in X-Men by giving him the visor but not the half-cowl. But then, everything about Cyke was pretty half-assed. I hated what they did with Cyclops, who has always been my favorite X-Man.

Agreed. Hopefully the next Cyclops will live up to the Cyclops in the comics both physically and characterization-wise.

It's the Hype, baby. We don't do "on-topic" posting. :p

But yes, Jackman is The Wolverine. A damn good one, too.

My main question for DoFP is where he'll be when all is said and done. His role during the movie seems clear enough - go back, meet Xavier and Magneto, prevent certain event from happening. I wonder if this film will give Wolverine some kind of ending in the case it's Jackman's last outing?

Yeah he is an awesome Wolverine. If only all other characters got the same amount of depth and screentime. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"