Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with your comment.

People Love the X-MEN not just Wolverine.

Storm has many fans, Cyclops has many fans, Rogue has many fans, Nightcrawler has many fans, Gambit has soo many fans, Kitty has fans... everyone has fans.

Thats why all these x-men need a bit more attention, respect and better treatment.

But if they keep putting Logan as the huge lead, the franchise wont be up there where it belongs. On the biggest superhero movies of the whole history.

Outside of this board, many fans are already tired and frustrated with this franchise, so there is a serious need to improve ALL these characters. And thats what Fox, Singer and producers have to learn and change.

The general audience especially the kids love Wolverine more than the X-Men.

Thats your opinion and not necessarily based on fact. Wolverine is well loved but so are alot of other X-Men,dosent mean he should only get spolighted.

I love Wolverine, he's my favorite and I don't have anything against Hugh work. What I can't stand anymore is the Jean Greay plot. He was in 6 movies (I'm not going to mention XMDOFP because we really don't know a thing about the plot) and Jean Grey was the centre of his actions in 4 of them, and one of the movies left he has a cameo!!!

That story was death even before it started but they keep wasting time in it. There're more plots you can develope people!!!! :wall:

Said that: bring me more badass Wolverine.

^^ I totally agree with you, The Jean thing is tired and its time to let it go and move on to something else.

X2 is the last time Wolverine was done properly. The feral edge to Wolverine was totally absent in the last two movies.

^^ I totally agree with you, The Jean thing is tired and its time to let it go and move on to something else.

Another reason why they don't need to resurrect Jean Grey for the 2nd time, at least for this movie and the next movie.

Bring her back and Wolverine would be all over her again.

Another reason why they don't need to resurrect Jean Grey for the 2nd time, at least for this movie and the next movie.

Bring her back and Wolverine would be all over her again.

I want Jean back but i agree not for this movie,unless its something at the end showing her resurrected or something. Wolverine needs to move on its boring now the Wolvie-Jean is there or isnt there gonna be something.

That's only because he has been shoved down their throats by dominating the movies. I doubt most of the general audience knew who he was before the movies.

Isn't it time to give some character development to some of the others, so the audience can love them too? And what about some new characters for when Hugh and Halle have given up and don't want to return?

And I don't think that love for Wolverine is as great as you think. Origins didn't beat X2 or X3 at the box office and there is hardly any buzz for The Wolverine.

Face it: Wolverine's story is played out and so is that silly 'romance' with Jean Grey because it never was a romance anyway, just a studio's forced attempt to give him a love interest by taking one that belongs to another character.

That's only because he has been shoved down their throats by dominating the movies. I doubt most of the general audience knew who he was before the movies.

Isn't it time to give some character development to some of the others, so the audience can love them too? And what about some new characters for when Hugh and Halle have given up and don't want to return?

And I don't think that love for Wolverine is as great as you think. Origins didn't beat X2 or X3 at the box office and there is hardly any buzz for The Wolverine.

Please don't get psylockolussus started on his spin off/prequel does less at box office stuff

Last edited:

Face it: Wolverine's story is played out and so is that silly 'romance' with Jean Grey because it never was a romance anyway, just a studio's forced attempt to give him a love interest by taking one that belongs to another character.

And First Class was the biggest hit because...oh, wait. :dry:

I completely agree that it's time to give the other characters more prominence, and that Jean-romance nonsense is silly.

But audiences like the guy. And I'm not talking about my own obvious drooling. I saw First Class twice, and his cameo got the biggest cheer from the audience. Even with X3 and Origins being what they were, the audiences I saw those movies with ate up everything he did.

The Wolverine buzz is quiet right now, but it will make its money.

And I love Wolverine (the character, not just the guy who plays him). I know I'm not the only one who's not tired of him yet, even if I think the other characters should be getting their screentime in too.

And First Class was the biggest hit because...oh, wait. :dry:

Hehe... well, the lack of ALL the popular characters might have been a reason for that.

I completely agree that it's time to give the other characters more prominence, and that Jean-romance nonsense is silly.

The romance served its purpose, I feel. The 'doomed love' thing was fine for storytelling purposes in the original trilogy, though that aspect leaves a more bitter taste in X3 because Cyclops wasn't around. I can also see why they might want to resurrect it for The Wolverine but, honestly, it's coming to the point where enough is enough.

But audiences like the guy. And I'm not talking about my own obvious drooling. I saw First Class twice, and his cameo got the biggest cheer from the audience. Even with X3 and Origins being what they were, the audiences I saw those movies with ate up everything he did.

Yes indeed. Jackman is likable enough (though he doesn't have the charisma and wit of Downey Jr and he comes across as a bit measured in interviews).

The Wolverine buzz is quiet right now, but it will make its money.

I'm sure it will.

And I love Wolverine (the character, not just the guy who plays him). I know I'm not the only one who's not tired of him yet, even if I think the other characters should be getting their screentime in too.

Other characters should definitely be getting more development.

Regarding DoFP, we already know Wolverine was around in the 70s anyway, so the setting of DoFP is not a culture shock to him at all if he is the time traveller. But for some of the others, it would be a much more surprising experience that would give us some interesting characterisation.

We just need a better spread of screentime and/or character development, so we find out why the other characters are there.

It's like every thread goes over the same 3 topics over and over and over again. LOL

And to think we're over a year away. Maybe after comic con the conversations will... shift.

You can blame James Mangold for pushing the jean angle In The Wolverine

We don't know If jean even plays a role In DOFP.

with absense of other OT castmembers since first class actors that hints at Wolverine as time traveler and we get a form like what was done with Kitty.Of course If Fox were to actully release some information like they did for dawn of planet of the apes that would
help us.

It's way too early to be complaning.Plus coming to Hugh's own thread and complain about wolverine.Really?

We may have to wait for comic con to get some reliable information on film.Untill then we are left with speculation based on bryan's tweets and the pressence of the actors.

And First Class was the biggest hit because...oh, wait. :

Why get into this?

I think it's a shame many fail to see the difference between something starting new & fresh with a new cast and something that's been shoved down our throats to the point where of course we know who wolverine is, you can't watch the xmen films and not know who he is, this franchise had to have a popular character, FCs favorite turned out to be magneto and OT has wolverine, its an anti hero thing apparently

Last edited:
You can blame James Mangold for pushing the jean angle In The Wolverine

In some ways that 'Jean angle' is a link to the previous films and gives a sense of flow, though it doesn't give me much hope for Mariko's role in the film. Also, Logan seemed really content at the end of X3 so I'm not sure how he comes to be a dishevelled wreck that can't get over Jean.

We don't know If jean even plays a role In DOFP.

At this stage, who knows!? She could well feature in the story for all we know.

with absense of other OT castmembers since first class actors that hints at Wolverine as time traveler and we get a form like what was done with Kitty.Of course If Fox were to actully release some information like they did for dawn of planet of the apes that would
help us.

It's possible Wolverine is the traveller, and yes it seems likely. I just hope the film isn't weighted in his favour.

It's way too early to be complaning.Plus coming to Hugh's own thread and complain about wolverine.Really?

Not complaining, but pondering Wolverine's role and hoping that it isn't dominating at the expense of others. This film is supposed to be a relaunch for the franchise, yet it appears to be focusing on characters who have already been prominent.

We may have to wait for comic con to get some reliable information on film.Untill then we are left with speculation based on bryan's tweets and the pressence of the actors.

Yes. And that's what people are doing: speculating!

This, This, This.

For most of the GA, their idea of a character is entirely wrapped up in how they appear in other media. Of course the GA loves Wolverine more than the others: Fox purposely made Wolverine the dominant figure from the start. They give him the cool one liners, someone elses love interest as his main one, and a pretty boy lead for people to pine over/want to be.

The GA dosen't know that Cyclops is a much bigger badass in the comics, one that wouldn't put up with Logan stealing his vechicles.

The GA dosen't know that Rogue is a feisty southern belle who can actually kick ash.

The GA dosen't know that Storm is a warrior, not a character with a shifting personality with an average performance from Halle Berry.

There's more examples, but basically Fox hasnt scratched the surface with these characters, mainly because all they care about is Logan for the most part.

This, This, This.

For most of the GA, their idea of a character is entirely wrapped up in how they appear in other media. Of course the GA loves Wolverine more than the others: Fox purposely made Wolverine the dominant figure from the start. They give him the cool one liners, someone elses love interest as his main one, and a pretty boy lead for people to pine over/want to be.

The GA dosen't know that Cyclops is a much bigger badass in the comics, one that wouldn't put up with Logan stealing his vechicles.

The GA dosen't know that Rogue is a feisty southern belle who can actually kick ash.

The GA dosen't know that Storm is a warrior, not a character with a shifting personality with an average performance from Halle Berry.

There's more examples, but basically Fox hasnt scratched the surface with these characters, mainly because all they care about is Logan for the most part.
Thank YOu! You said everything that i wanted. I think you explained the situation perfectly.

When will people get films are different than comics.

Let's compare comics the Avengers,and since they called It the avengers and
not ultimates the 616 will be used for this compassion,

The Avengers come together on own yet GA only knows Shield has to gather
each one
The GA only knows it takes death of coulson to get Avengers to go after Loki
The GA thinks Iron Man Is leading Avenger not Captain America like In Comics
The GA thinks Tony Stark hangs around the avengers outside armor
The GA thinks Black Widow and Hawkeye as shield agents
The GA thinks Hulk Is key Avenger
The GA thinks Bruce Banner Is kep part of Avengers
The GA thinks Nick Fury Is black

People are again playing this game when they praise all other comic book films that have massive changes but complain about X-Men doing the same.

MS films have changes as do the spider-man films and Batman and superman films Chris Nolan Is involved In.

We should be hoping for a decent and good adaptian true to spirit and we can see some things from comics but not expecting direct translation.And If your going to be demanding a direct translation you need to apply that to all and not just X-Men.

The GA only knows it takes death of coulson to get Avengers to go after Loki
That's not how I interpreted it. Coulson's death was a motivator for the team to put aside their differences and work together in order to avenge Coulson's death.
I don't know what you got that from. Who was giving the order at the end of the film? Captain America. Iron Man even invites himt o take charge he specifically says, 'Call it Cap' or words to that effect.
The GA thinks Tony Stark hangs around the avengers outside armor
But Iron Man 3 completely disproves that.
The GA thinks Hulk Is key Avenger
Well he was one of the first. And he is shown as quite reluctant and I'm not sure the Avengers can completely depend on him. Though I get your point.
The GA thinks Bruce Banner Is kep part of Avengers
SAME AS ABOVE.
The GA thinks Nick Fury Is black
Nothing to say to that but I personally think Ultimate Nick Fury is a badass! Love him and I think I'm one of the few that like him better than his grumpy old 616 counterpart. Man that guy can frown.

I completely understood your point and agree with it but I just felt like picking apart a few of your examples. :cwink:

Last edited:
I can enjoy the Avengers as a film.But since It was called the avengers
and not the ultimates I could pick apart It just like I can Spider-man films,
and Nolan Batman and superman films.So you want to complain about X-Men
films seperate from comics.and with both 616 and ultimate universes It can be hard to pick what Is true history.I always have preference for 616.Some might like ultimate.When we are talking about Superman and Batman that gets even
harder.

What GA knows about avengers the film has many differences than comics.

despite my preference for 616 nick fury.If you cast Samuel L Jackson of course your going to get a bad ash character on film:woot:

We have a much acclaim cast for days of future past

Oscar winners Jennifer Lawrence,Halle Berry,and Anna Paquin
Oscar Nominee Hugh Jackman,perfect as wolverine he just needs right script
and director
2 time oscar nominee Ian Mckellen
Emmy Nominee Patrick Stewart,perfect as xavier
Emma Winner Peter Dinklage
Oscar Nominee Ellen Page,who now has a compent director working with her on a X-Men film

When you remember the 1990's and they were putting out films like batman Forever,Batman & Robin,and Steell that makes you appecate what a relief the first 2 X-Men films were.

as for your points with regard to Iron Man 3 the less I say on that film the better.My view on that film Is like others view on Star Wars Prequels,last Indiana Jones,and Superman Returns.

I've always found the resolution to that in X3 to be just as offensive to Logan and Jean as I did to Scott.

I'm perfectly fine with Jean and Logan having a mutual attraction to one another, and with that resulting in some tension/dramz in the mansion. But the fact is, they barely spent any time together. Sorry, I'm not sold that she is the love of his life and that his heart is crushed by her death.

I've always found the resolution to that in X3 to be just as offensive to Logan and Jean as I did to Scott.

I'm perfectly fine with Jean and Logan having a mutual attraction to one another, and with that resulting in some tension/dramz in the mansion. But the fact is, they barely spent any time together. Sorry, I'm not sold that she is the love of his life and that his heart is crushed by her death.

if its the fact he killed her thats haunting him in The wolverine then thats fine, but if its because he loved and lost her then thats not fine

its save to say maybe there was some attraction, but logan did not love jean, it was something forced in there to make it so that it seemed like she was his love interest for the audience sake, when they thought she was dead at the start cyclops was a wreck and wolverine was just like scott isn't it about time you moved on?

Last edited:
Iron Man is the most popular Avenger (cant do anything about that regardless), its clear who the leader of the team is at the end of this film. Theres a difference.
[YT]KI6NK6KEeQM[/YT]
When will people get films are different than comics.

Let's compare comics the Avengers,and since they called It the avengers and
not ultimates the 616 will be used for this compassion,

The Avengers is a mash up of 616 and Ultimates. Not just Ultimates, as many have told you over and over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"