Hulk 2 or Iron Man probably for 2008 release.

2008 and Marvel have to make make up the money some how before that :(

^ Not an issue. They're gonna get financing. Universal is distributing it still. Zak Penn just signed on for 2 mystery Marvel films. Marvel is paying for all the up front production costs and the financing is used to pay them back when the movie starts filming. Iron Man & Hulk 2 will easily get financing which will be wrapped up within 8-12 months but the movie will already be gearing up before then. They just have to choose which one. If they were smart they'd go for Hulk 2, Iron Man, Nick Fury, Cap, Ant-Man, and down the list in that order. Dr. Strange is gonna take some time.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Not an issue. They're gonna get financing. Universal is distributing it still. Zak Penn just signed on for 2 mystery Marvel films. Marvel is paying for all the up front production costs and the financing is used to pay them back when the movie starts filming. Iron Man & Hulk 2 will easily get financing which will be wrapped up within 8-12 months but the movie will already be gearing up before then. They just have to choose which one. If they were smart they'd go for Hulk 2, Iron Man, Nick Fury, Cap, Ant-Man, and down the list in that order. Dr. Strange is gonna take some time.
if they are smart, they'll do IM first. what has Zak Penn done before? (i've hardly heard of the guy)

Advanced Dark said:
X1,X2,X3 ring a bell?
what about them?.. did he help write them?...

Uh yeah. LOL Just go onto http://www.imdb.com and look up his name...hold on I'll do it.

Zak Penn:

1. Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (2007) (pre-production) (screenplay)
  2. Untitled Zak Penn Project (2007) (pre-production) (written by)
  3. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) (completed) (written by)
    ... aka X3 (USA: promotional abbreviation)
  4. Fantastic Four (2005) (VG)
  5. Elektra (2005) (written by)
  6. Suspect Zero (2004) (screenplay) (story)
    ... aka Suspect 0 (Philippines: English title)
  7. Incident at Loch Ness (2004)
  8. X2 (2003) (story)
    ... aka X-Men 2 (Singapore: English title) (USA: working title)
    ... aka X-2 (USA: poster title)
    ... aka X-Men 2: X-Men United (USA: promotional title)
    ... aka X2: X-Men United (USA: promotional title)
  9. Behind Enemy Lines (2001) (screenplay)
  10. Inspector Gadget (1999) (screenplay)
  11. PCU (1994) (written by)
    ... aka PCU Pit Party
  12. Last Action Hero (1993) (story)
Filmography as: Writer, Producer, Actor, Director, Miscellaneous Crew, Himself
Producer - filmography
(In Production) (2000s)
  1. Untitled Zak Penn Project (2007) (pre-production) (producer)
  2. Incident at Loch Ness (2004) (producer)
  3. "Ozzy & Drix" (2002) TV Series (executive producer)
  4. Osmosis Jones (2001) (producer)
Actor - filmography
(2000s) (1990s)
  1. Osmosis Jones (2001) .... Emergency Room Doctor #3
  2. Chuck&Buck (2000) .... Josh Weintraub
  3. Star Maps (1997) .... Carmel County Writer
  4. PCU (1994) .... Bathroom Patron
    ... aka PCU Pit Party
Director - filmography
(In Production) (2000s)
  1. Untitled Zak Penn Project (2007) (pre-production)
  2. Incident at Loch Ness (2004)
Miscellaneous Crew - filmography
  1. Antz (1998) (story consultant)
  2. Star Maps (1997) (special thanks)

hmmm... the guy who wrote Elektra and Suspect Zero... doesnt sound that promising

Sava said:
hmmm... the guy who wrote Elektra and Suspect Zero... doesnt sound that promising

THE GUY WHO WROTE ELEKTRA!!!!!! NO WAY IN HELL :down

lol... if you think Hulk 1 sucked... hold on to your butts for Hulk 2, writen by the guy who wrote Elektra :up:

You know what...this narrows down the movies that Jon Favreau could bet up for to only one...Iron Man. Avi said clearly the first 2 movies out of the gate are likely to be Hulk 2 & Iron Man. Unless Favreau comitted to John Carter of Mars right before this news release. Hulk has nothing to do with Paramount and never won't even be distributed by them...so that's out. Actually it could be Deathlok or Iron Man. That's it...and Cap only if he signed for John Carter.

Sava said:
lol... if you think Hulk 1 sucked... hold on to your butts for Hulk 2, writen by the guy who wrote Elektra :up:

He wrote Elektra...he didn't direct it. He also wrote X1-X3 so give him a break. Elektra had no budget, severe time constraints, and a sophmore director. The script wasn't bad...the film was.

I had no idea Penn wrote Last Action hero....:eek:

Well, yeah, the screenwriters suck, but hopefully Ang Lee can salvage it (assuming he directs again). I mean, the screenplay for X1 wasn't bad, the one for X2 was actually pretty good, but yeah the rest sucked ass. But they didn't have good directors I don't think.

Sava said:
But he did Xmen so thats good.

PWN3R RANGER said:
I had no idea Penn wrote Last Action hero....:eek:

That was a bomb but it was a real cool movie for kids. At the time though Arnold was making very violent action films and parents probably said "Oh it's got Arnold in it...forget it". McTiernan did that film.

Advanced Dark said:
He wrote Elektra...he didn't direct it. He also wrote X1-X3 so give him a break. Elektra had no budget, severe time constraints, and a sophmore director. The script wasn't bad...the film was.
i was just kidding ;)

Uhh Zak Penn wasn't involved in X1 if memory serves right. And yeah finally some new Hulk 2 info. I wonder if Abomination will be created for war and then not like the idea of being controlled and used as a weapon?

Advanced Dark said:

He didnt write X1, and only some of his story idea's were used for X2. He was the one who wanted human sized sentinels. And X3 looks as if its going to be crap so i dont want this guy any were near Hulk 2 thank you.

Uhhh X3 looks like it is far from crap. The only thing that concerns me about X3 is the rumored 103 minute running time :(

why does everyone think X3 will be crap?... i freaking love the trailers

Everyone things it will be crap?? Wow. The effects and visuals look top notch going by the trailer and the faithfulness to the source material is there. The story and development of characters is still questionable though.

i really wanna see what Bret can do, he's a Hulk fan so maybe they'll get him for Hulk 2 maybe?... if he's any good that is ;)

I don't think X3 will be crap and I think most people think it's gonna be great. It's on the top of all the hot lists for this Summer. Superhero fanboy sites consist of a very small % of the viewing audience.

I'd love Brett to do Hulk 2 but I think (no joke) Michael Bay is meant for The Hulk.

i just cant see Bay doing it, really, i doubt he will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"