I Am Doom....discuss me [merged-2]

Obi-Ron said:
I'm with you, Herr Logan, you described my best-case-scenario for Doom's return.

Um...does it help our case to point out that Doom does not have any visible genitalia when his clothes are burned off? Robots are mass-produced, they don't need that stuff...

What's that? It's a stretch? And kind of creepy to bring up? Oh darn.

Haw!! :D

It does indeed help our case. Although, if the real Doom was actually all metal (and characteristically inferior, like DDINO was) and he was dispatched in that fashion, his genetalia may well have simply melted. Either way, that will never be seen by true fans of Doom as the real Doom. If Fox and Marvel Films had a shred of decency, they'd make DDINO a Doombot and give us the real deal next time. Hell, the damn thing served its purpose anyway, giving the Four a chance to test their powers for the audience, and if they do the right thing, it would also give the audience (and the Four) an idea of just how advanced Doom's technology is (robot would have been like an extremely advanced Terminator that got even more durable withg exposure to cosmic radiation, but also behaviorally unstable) how devious he is.

:wolverine

This thread should be called instead:

"I am not Doom...kill me".

And yes, Herr Logan: that crap should be just a Doombot.

Doom should have been saved for the sequel, and introduced as he was in the comics: Old foe from Reed's past with an axe to grind.

Oh, by the way, you guys are gonna love my Halloween costume this year...

doommask.gif

I'll post more when I can get more done...

Ahhh back from the dead,this thread was one of the most powerful on the hype for a long time,home to showdowns,venomous anti studio rants,creative ideals,informative history lessons(thanks IM) and peace talks.....the good old days *wipes away single tear*

Now here's my idea for how to use DINO in the sequel that i posted in another thread

He gets his new armour he has trouble getting it off, he uses a big can opener and ****s up cutting his major artries and dies,......all this during the opening credits,cos lets be honest we need a new villain for F4/2 as DINO sucked enough in the first movie to cover a quadrology

Mr Sensitive said:
This thread should be called instead:

"I am not Doom...kill me".

And yes, Herr Logan: that crap should be just a Doombot.

Damn right. :up:

:wolverine

hunter rider said:
Ahhh back from the dead,this thread was one of the most powerful on the hype for a long time,home to showdowns,venomous anti studio rants,creative ideals,informative history lessons(thanks IM) and peace talks.....the good old days *wipes away single tear*

Now here's my idea for how to use DINO in the sequel that i posted in another thread

He gets his new armour he has trouble getting it off, he uses a big can opener and ****s up cutting his major artries and dies,......all this during the opening credits,cos lets be honest we need a new villain for F4/2 as DINO sucked enough in the first movie to cover a quadrology
Sounds like a scene I'd actually pay $9.00 and be happy about. :up::O

UPDATE! I added paint & detailing, and a bunch of rivets...

mask2.jpg

This is gonna kick ass when it's done.

Obi-Ron said:
UPDATE! I added paint & detailing, and a bunch of rivets...

mask2.jpg

This is gonna kick ass when it's done.
Looks awesome! Is that styrene sheets you're using?

The mask's expression looks too blank. The brows need more of an angered look. Sorry for being a critic.

Head>On<Collider said:
Looks awesome! Is that styrene sheets you're using?

It was originally a big white bucket from Home Depot. I cut it into a curled rectangular sheet, then cut it the top and bottom shapes out, and cemented & duct taped it together (the duct tape is on the inside side, natch). The nose and the mouth grille are posterboard, the eyes are foam presentation board, and the rivets are screw caps. All spray painted in matte nickel.

I've also got a piece of PVC pipe I'm going to cut into arm & leg armor.

RedIsNotBlue said:
The mask's expression looks too blank. The brows need more of an angered look. Sorry for being a critic.

Well that's what this whole thread is about, right? Actually I agree - the eyes were originally cut in more of a "V" shape, but those foamboard squares around them ended up straighter than I was hoping.

Whoops, I mean "IMPUDENT DOLT!! CEASE YOUR PRATTLE!"

Gotta get into character, ya know. :doom:

Obi-Ron....you are beyond cool! Thanks for re-igniting my enthusiasm for Doom and being yourself! Your Doom costume is awsome and kudos to you, my friend.

Wetgorilla
:up: :wolverine

I just thought I'd share this. It's from a humor comic called "What the..." and it was written and drawn by John Byrne:

Merry Christmas, every one!

Since we now know that Doom is coming back i thought i'd bump this jewel back to the front....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"