Villain for the sequel?

fangrl06 said:
As apposed to a crazy old man who runs around in a green suit with no powers at all? No wait, that's Joker...

No.... Doom should have been a megalomaniacal scientist who created armour to protect himself from the cosmic storm. He and Reed competed for a space exploration contract, Reed won and went into space with Sue and Johnny and Ben and they were transformed, Doom got angry about losing the contract and brought the cosmic storm down on New York, shielding himself with a special suit...

There ya go. No Doom in space, no electrical powers. Ta-da! You see, thinking can be good for you.

fangrl06 said:
As apposed to a crazy old man who runs around in a green suit with no powers at all? No wait, that's Joker...

So, you are saying that Doom, masked and armoured proud monarch of Latveria, all dressed in green, would be equal to the Joker, lean, crazy, white-faced, with red lips, and green-haired Gotham laughing villain, all dressed in purple?

Now that's really odd. :doom: :joker:

i think the bottom line is every one wants a stronger villain, regardless of your thoughts or opinions on the villains of F4....i know i do....

I think if Galactus is in the sequal, Doom should Ultimatley help defeat Galactus, I think part 2 and 3 should be like one movie, Galactus deserves at least 2 full movies to deal with him, Imagine seing the FF, SS, and Doom all teaming up to take down Galactus.

Doom helping the FF?! Why re-invent these characters? IF Doom gets involved with the Surfer/Galactus plot, we already know the how and why...to steal the power cosmic for himself! Now there's a movie!

He would be forced to help them, If Galactus wasnt defeated Doom wouldn't have a World to take over. Ofcourse he would have something up his sleve like trying to steal the power cosmic for himself. I dont get why you think this would be re-inventing the characters.

just my opinion but Dr Doom was who he had to be; given his environment. Story chose to modernize the Fantastic Four and that, in turn, forced Doom to get with the times. from the sounds of it, this wasn't for the best. the only solution that springs to mind is doing the Fantastic Four like SkyCaptain and the World of Tommorrow or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; basically, making the world around the characters both retro and fantastic. i could see fairy tale Victor von Doom existing in a world like this (but not in modern day New York city).

unfortunately most marvel superhero stories take place in a present day environment and marvel has always wanted its heroes in real cities no ones like in sky captain

Irredeemable said:
just my opinion but Dr Doom was who he had to be; given his environment. Story chose to modernize the Fantastic Four and that, in turn, forced Doom to get with the times. from the sounds of it, this wasn't for the best. the only solution that springs to mind is doing the Fantastic Four like SkyCaptain and the World of Tommorrow or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; basically, making the world around the characters both retro and fantastic. i could see fairy tale Victor von Doom existing in a world like this (but not in modern day New York city).

Just no.

I'm sorry, Irredeemable, but this is a jumble of freakin' absurds.

Irredeemable said:

You could modernize Doom by still leaving him in charge of Latveria. The storyline could've easily been changed to have Reed and Ben travel to Latveria to get funding for the experiment. Or maybe Doom is visiting NY, with his girlfriend or fiance Sue Storm. Maybe he was speaking at the UN, or on a big shopping spree or something.

I could see Doom as a bit of a jetsetting royal. Latveria could be a constitutional monarchy.

Anyway, he insists on going with Reed, for one because he has invested quite a bit of Latveria's GNP in the experiment. And two, to rub in his romance with Sue Storm.

After everything goes wrong, he is either overthrown or forced out of office. He is 'exiled' to NY, and he wants some serious revenge. With the discovery of his abilities, he decides to use them to get revenge, but also to build the empire that he's secretly already wanted to have.

There you go...Doom as modern and still uber-villianous.

sanitized.jpg

Yeah, I agree with others' thoughts here: make Dr. Doom right! Forget about expanding the universe when it's not been done quite right yet. This movie shouldn't be childish or comedic; it should be a serious drama. And most important, I think: it needs to be epic in scale.

Dr. Doom is one of the best villains in all of Marveldom! There was so much potential because this character could've been the interesting character he has been in the comic books of the FF: a monarch/dictator who actually cares for his people, but who also deems to use his power to take over/influence other nations/people in ways that the FF cannot allow (kinda like the super power of the USA today in the world).

Regarding the look of Dr. Doom in the FF movie, the mask was okay, but it should've had a more metal look to it; if it had been my design, it would've been real metal like the metal of a knight's helmet. Its amazing to me that people get paid so much for mediocre results. ~Sean

I'd like to see a improved Doctor Doom as well as a minor appearance by another villain (Moleman maybe). Silver Surfer and Galactus could be cool too.

LondonSpitfire said:
Yeah, I agree with others' thoughts here: make Dr. Doom right! Forget about expanding the universe when it's not been done quite right yet. This movie shouldn't be childish or comedic; it should be a serious drama. And most important, I think: it needs to be epic in scale.

Dr. Doom is one of the best villains in all of Marveldom! There was so much potential because this character could've been the interesting character he has been in the comic books of the FF: a monarch/dictator who actually cares for his people, but who also deems to use his power to take over/influence other nations/people in ways that the FF cannot allow (kinda like the super power of the USA today in the world).

Regarding the look of Dr. Doom in the FF movie, the mask was okay, but it should've had a more metal look to it; if it had been my design, it would've been real metal like the metal of a knight's helmet. Its amazing to me that people get paid so much for mediocre results. ~Sean

Its not supposed to be Batman or X-men....F4 has an enormous amount of humor in the writing of the comics....there has to be some of that in the movie or its not F4.

This may be a little off topic, but I was thinking that it would be a good idea to open future FF movies like they did the Indiana Jones films, i.e. with the conclusion of an adventure. This way the film can open with a bang and a lesser villain can get some screen time with out devoting an entire movie to him.

Kirby&Ditko said:
This may be a little off topic, but I was thinking that it would be a good idea to open future FF movies like they did the Indiana Jones films, i.e. with the conclusion of an adventure. This way the film can open with a bang and a lesser villain can get some screen time with out devoting an entire movie to him.

I like that idea....hey K&D you are going to post more once the movie revs up right? I've really enjoyed your posts...:up:

Yeah Kirby&Ditko is a great poster. In some of his posts it seems he is actually involved with some of these movie. Hmmm.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Yeah Kirby&Ditko is a great poster. In some of his posts it seems he is actually involved with some of these movie. Hmmm.

Naaah, I think he's just a long time fan of these comics...:up: :)

RedIsNotBlue said:

:eek: A studio plant!?

lol.gif

I don't think so, but I wouldn't mind if he was.

careful about plant accusastions he could work for them but be posting on his OWN TIME and not being a company shill fair is fair after all

3dman27 said:
careful about plant accusastions he could work for them but be posting on his OWN TIME and not being a company shill fair is fair after all

I actually have played that role in a different context. I supply parts to a motorcycle manufacturer and there are a number of web-forums devoted to discussing those motorcycles.

I usually just read and don't post, but there have been times that I've seen people posting flip comments about things that I know people have spent many sleepless nights trying to solve and get just right. In some of those cases, I haven't been able to keep completely silent.

That's one reason I try not to post overly negative things here. I know there are real people working on this project (not the caricaturized Fox exec of one of my other posts today), and it's easy to criticize, but a lot harder to actually put something like this together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"