"[I am] the only thing between you and the pitchforks"

Greed and corruption have been running wild in this country for to long, it is about time someone does something about it.

And as we all know, no corruption or greed exists in the federal government. :dry:

Greed and corruption have been running wild in this country for to long, it is about time someone does something about it.

Some would say that without Greed and Selfishness, people couldn't survive.

Some would say that without Greed and Selfishness, people couldn't survive.
It can be when it's reasonable. This is not that situation. Need I remind you greed and selfishness created this disaster?

Last edited:
It can be when it's reasonable. This is not that situation. Need I remind you greed and selfishness created this disaster?
I would argue that Greed and Selfishness for Politcal Power caused this disaster.

I would argue that Greed and Selfishness for Politcal Power caused this disaster.

They aren't the only factors though.

SuBe, stop posting so fast, I can't keep up.

They aren't the only factors though.

SuBe, stop posting so fast, I can't keep up.
There never is only one factor, but I find it that if you ever root the problem back to the begining, it is often Congress passing a law that allowed it in the first place, or "regulating" it without taking into account all off the consequences for their actions. Like Dodd and AIG Bonuses. He allowed them to get the bonuses, then tried to make it seem like it was all them being greedy.

Imagine that in a Grander scale. Instead of allowing Freedom and Liberty, they pass laws and people adapt their lifestyles. What was the last law Congress passed that grew your Freedoms? I can't think of one.

There never is only one factor, but I find it that if you ever root the problem back to the begining, it is often Congress passing a law that allowed it in the first place, or "regulating" it without taking into account all off the consequences for their actions. Like Dodd and AIG Bonuses. He allowed them to get the bonuses, then tried to make it seem like it was all them being greedy.

Imagine that in a Grander scale. Instead of allowing Freedom and Liberty, they pass laws and people adapt their lifestyles. What was the last law Congress passed that grew your Freedoms? I can't think of one.

I wasn't born yet :p

I wasn't born yet :p
None of us were. That's the problem, in my unhumble opinion. Government is supposed to protect our freedoms, but in our lifetimes, haven't.

I would like to know why blame solely the banks when it's the Government that's giving the money to them. You are both equally culpable President Obama. When the pitchforks go out they will be on you also.

I would like to know why blame solely the banks when it's the Government that's giving the money to them. You are both equally culpable President Obama. When the pitchforks go out they will be on you also.

Yeah right.

Obama wasn't president when the economy collapsed. :whatever:

SsM, Bush hate is NEVER subtle around here.....

Not Bush's budget or "stimulus".

When Bush was president we were headed into a recession. That's part of the economic cycle. With the Govt spending, increase in taxes and imminent inflation (from printing money) we all know whose administration will be responsible for the economy's collapse.

Not Bush's budget or "stimulus".

When Bush was president we were headed into a recession. That's part of the economic cycle. With the Govt spending, increase in taxes and imminent inflation (from printing money) we all know whose administration will be responsible for the economy's collapse.
Correct. Bush is responsible for creating the collapse, Obama's responsible for solving it.

Clinton does share some blame for starting it, as well.

Correct. Bush is responsible for creating the collapse, Obama's responsible for solving it.

Clinton does share some blame for starting it, as well.

The economy hasn't collapsed....recession yes (which a good proportion of economists said would have happened anyway), but it hasn't collapsed.

The economy hasn't collapsed....recession yes (which a good proportion of economists said would have happened anyway), but it hasn't collapsed.
What would you call it then? The economy imploded to an extent that made the country go into free-fall IMO. That is not good under any circumstance.

Seriously Major what are you basing these on, other than an abject hate of GWB?

Seriously Major what are you basing these on, other than an abject hate of GWB?
Deregulation during the Bush years allowed the sub-prime mortgage industry to cause a financial disaster in the latter months of 2008 IIRC. You remember TARP 1, right? There is a reason it had to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"