"[I am] the only thing between you and the pitchforks"

I don't believe that there should be ANY limit on productivity. If you are fine with working only 5 days, and I want to work 7, who is the Government to tell me how much I'm allowed to work? It's my choice.

I have quarrel with you there. People should be able to work full weeks if they want to. It isn't for everyone, though. American families shouldn't suffer more then they have to because the parents can barely survive form paycheck to paycheck.

And, The Government does far, far worse with regards to robbing people of their wealth.

I disagree.

AND they have guns to do it. Why does IRS agents carry guns?

Technically they're in law enforcement. White collar crime may not usually have violent criminals but there's no telling whether someone is armed or not, especially when they're wanted criminals.

Why do they put tax cheats in jail, where Guns keep them there(other than Geithner)?

Because its against the law, maybe? I agree Geithner should have been punished.

The Government forces you to pay them money like the Mafia.
How do you expect the government to fund itself?

Not if your are Salary. I've worked anywhere from 40 Hours a week to 100 hours in a week, without any extra pay, because I'm salary. It's part of the job, but you are right, there are limits to the Type of employment, but if you are full time, they can work you as much as they want only if they pay you the contracted amount in overtime, etc.

That is true, an exception to the rule, although I hope you had an idea of what you were getting into and able to make the decission before you joined.

So we sort of have a work week or at least an amount of hours which we consider standard with a few exceptions.

And yeah, france sucks, freedom fries *****es!

That's France.

This is America.
So? If other countries have good ideas should America not use them because they didn't invent them? Democracy was created in Greece IIRC. Explosives and fireworks were created in China. The Statue of Liberty was made by France. Japan created hybrid cars and anime.

That is true, an exception to the rule, although I hope you had an idea of what you were getting into and able to make the decission before you joined.

So we sort of have a work week or at least an amount of hours which we consider standard with a few exceptions.

And yeah, france sucks, freedom fries *****es!
My life now, even though I work so much, is so much better.It comes with the job, it's one of those "Lifestyle" type jobs. You know? I love my job and would really never like to do anything else.

Other than FairTax Monthly Centerfold or something. :o

So? If other countries have good ideas should America not use them because they didn't invent them? Democracy was created in Greece IIRC. Explosives and fireworks were created in China. The Statue of Liberty was made by France. Japan created hybrid cars and anime.

I don't think reducing productivity is a good idea, regardless of country

I don't think reducing productivity is a good idea, regardless of country
A work force that's exhausted isn't much use for anybody. It can negatively effect how well workers produce their work and harms future generations of workers mentally IMO.

Yeah...but I don't think it is a better idea to create a "work week".

What if I need the money?

I'm probably going to go rob a bank if I can't legally work that day.

Like I said, I don't even know if there is a "work week" now anyway, since people can work weekends if they want anyway.

My life now, even though I work so much, is so much better.It comes with the job, it's one of those "Lifestyle" type jobs. You know? I love my job and would really never like to do anything else.

Other than FairTax Monthly Centerfold or something. :o

That's awesome buddy, congrats. I'm still holding out for that hemp quality tester position.

A work force that's exhausted isn't much use for anybody. It can negatively effect how well workers produce their work and harms future generations of workers mentally IMO.

People need to toughen up these days.....times are hard and they won't get any better if we start slacking off

People need to toughen up these days.....times are hard and they won't get any better if we start slacking off
True. But there needs to be some compromise. Not everyone can do everything. People have limits.

True. But there needs to be some compromise. Not everyone can do everything. People have limits.

your average 40 hr work week American has never been pushed to their limit....nowhere near it.....

your average 40 hr work week American has never been pushed to their limit....nowhere near it.....
There's more to it then that. They can push their bodies far but that will mean little if they can't mentally handle it. Having healthy relationships with their friends and families is a good thing, as well. It stops them from snapping and future generations won't hate the thought of going to work as much.

But no one is being "forced" to work like a dog.

Yeah, most people might have to do it to make ends meet.

But, the government isn't telling people when to work and how much to work.

But no one is being "forced" to work like a dog.

Yeah, most people might have to do it to make ends meet.

But, the government isn't telling people when to work and how much to work.
The government doesn't have to. Working is what keeps Americans thriving because they rely on money to prosper. Take the money away and they'll die in the streets.

There's more to it then that. They can push their bodies far but that will mean little if they can't mentally handle it. Having healthy relationships with their friends and families is a good thing, as well. It stops them from snapping and future generations won't hate the thought of going to work as much.

well we're soft both ways...both mentally and physically....

The government doesn't have to. Working is what keeps Americans thriving because they rely on money to prosper. Take the money away and they'll die in the streets.

Isn't the true of everyone though? No money for food, water, shelter and such and you die in the streets. Why do you list Americans when that's just a universal truth like, without oxygen americans would die from lack of oxygen.

Isn't the true of everyone though? No money for food, water, shelter and such and you die in the streets.
Yes.

Why do you list Americans when that's just a universal truth like, without oxygen americans would die from lack of oxygen.
Because we're talking about America.

SuBe and here I am thinking you'd go a day without mentioning fairtax, you managed to slip it in there somehow :p

Yeah...but I don't think it is a better idea to create a "work week".

What if I need the money?

I'm probably going to go rob a bank if I can't legally work that day.

That's why the idea has to be refined to work in America. Make it a choice rather then a law.

Like I said, I don't even know if there is a "work week" now anyway, since people can work weekends if they want anyway.
True.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"