"[I am] the only thing between you and the pitchforks"

Deregulation during the Bush years allowed the sub-prime mortgage industry to cause a financial disaster in the latter months of 2008 IIRC. You remember TARP 1, right? There is a reason it had to be done.

The reason it had to be done was because in 2003, 2005 and 2007, McCain, Dole and others tried to put forth legislation that would build up the regulations specifically on Fannie and Freddie.....2003, it fell flat on the floor, 2005 and 2007 it didn't get out of committee....

*sighs* theres all kinds of blame to go around.

Not the least of which is Barney Frank who told anyone that would listen that Fannie and Freddie were doing fine and that they were a great investment :up: :D :up:

:dry:

Whenever I see that disgusting, terrible man I always want to strangle him with his food encrusted tie.

The reason it had to be done was because in 2003, 2005 and 2007, McCain, Dole and others tried to put forth legislation that would build up the regulations specifically on Fannie and Freddie.....2003, it fell flat on the floor, 2005 and 2007 it didn't get out of committee....

*sighs* theres all kinds of blame to go around.
I agree. Not all blame is equal, though. There was a Republican administration and the Republicans outnumbered Democrats in Congress and the Senate until 2006 IIRC. That's why their responsibility is higher then the Democrats.

Last edited:
the pitchfork statement....gotta say that's pretty much true, I'm amazed with the number of death threats and such companies are getting that one of them hasn't been lynched yet.

the CEOs of the most powerful financial institutions in the world offered several explanations for paying high salaries to their employees — and, by extension, to themselves.

“These are complicated companies,” one CEO said. Offered another: “We’re competing for talent on an international market.”

I've seen these people use this explanation and it doesn't wash. So what if these 'talented' people leave the company that needs bailing oit because they don't get a bonus.

I'm sure they can go to another company where a someone will look at their CV say "oh you worked at that failing company that needed a bail out" and totally just give them a job complete with bonus :whatever:

the pitchfork statement....gotta say that's pretty much true, I'm amazed with the number of death threats and such companies are getting that one of them hasn't been lynched yet.

Fred Goodwin the former chairman of RBS bank got his house vandalised

Just because someone worked for a failing company, didn't mean they did a poor job.

9 Guys could bring the company $1 Billion each, and one could lose $10 Billion. 9 Guys still brought in a ton of money, and one did a horrible job.

Just because someone worked for a failing company, didn't mean they did a poor job.

9 Guys could bring the company $1 Billion each, and one could lose $10 Billion. 9 Guys still brought in a ton of money, and one did a horrible job.

While that's absolutely true, chances are the guy that lost the 10B was only able to do so because he/she had a damn high position and therefore probably got a higher bonus than any of the nine that made money.

Might be a start, I was more thinking getting strung up in the center of one of their gated communities though.
You are calling for the public execution of these people? That is sick and the danger of the Mob mentality. :whatever:

You are calling for the public execution of these people? That is sick and the danger of the Mob mentality. :whatever:

I'm not calling for anything except 3 day work weeks, legalization of weed and a spandex ban on fat people.

I'm just saying I'm surprised it's not happening considering the level of hate and death threats that are coming in.

But I do think a public execution or two might be a good start. Frankly madoff's done more damage with his **** than any murderer could accomplish.

Wow. You want to limit Productivity (3 day work week), Limit Liberty (Fatty-boom-spandex) and kill people you personally don't like because they earn more money than you.

That is disgusting. At least you got the Legalization of unharmful drugs thing right.

Wow. You want to limit Productivity (3 day work week), Limit Liberty (Fatty-boom-spandex) and kill people you personally don't like because they earn more money than you.

That is disgusting. At least you got the Legalization of unharmful drugs thing right.

Again let me say, I AM NOT CALLING FOR ANY MOB DEATHS, please notice how I've said that repeatedly. What I said is i'm surprised they haven't happened due to the current climate. There's a difference there.

Madoff and his ilk, I would just like to get an appropriately punished for crimes not because they make (Illegally and with lies not actual work or effort) more money than me. There's a subtle difference between wanting a criminal to be charged and punished with some level of weight to the crime and just hating rich people. Most rich people probably don't understand this concept though.

As for the rest I was joking about the three day week, I've just been working too much. But dead serious about the weed and spandex, fatties in spandex are a much bigger concern than second hand smoke as research has repeatedly shown.

You said "It might be a Good Start"! What does that mean?

I do agree about the Spandex. Like you, I live in Florida. I used to think it was a funny joke, but sir, that is not a joke.

You said "It might be a Good Start"! What does that mean?

Ah, the word good was ill chosen, I meant good as in advancing that mentality or a first step towards what I feel is a fairly inevitable fall out.

Waaaaiiiitttt a minute, I said it might be a good start about madoff not mob violence. That would be a good start, that guy's done far more damage than anyone we've ever put to death before in this country has and did it for years and years. Yes, that ****er should be killed by the gov. as one of the only times I'd agree to the death penality for someone.

I do agree about the Spandex. Like you, I live in Florida. I used to think it was a funny joke, but sir, that is not a joke.

Or french canadian guys that weight a duece and a half that decide thongs are just the way to go. We need police to be doing something about this.

Last edited:
Wow. You want to limit Productivity (3 day work week),

This goes a bit to far. 5 days is fine IMO.

kill people you personally don't like because they earn more money than you.
People aren't angry because of the money they're got, its how they got it. The only difference between someone like Madoff and a bank robber is the bank robber used a gun, Madoff used words. They're both thieves.

This goes a bit to far. 5 days is fine IMO.

People aren't angry because of the money they're got, its how they got it. The only difference between someone like Madoff and a bank robber is the bank robber used a gun, Madoff used words. They're both thieves.
I don't believe that there should be ANY limit on productivity. If you are fine with working only 5 days, and I want to work 7, who is the Government to tell me how much I'm allowed to work? It's my choice.

And, The Government does far, far worse with regards to robbing people of their wealth. AND they have guns to do it. Why does IRS agents carry guns? Why do they put tax cheats in jail, where Guns keep them there(other than Geithner)? The Government forces you to pay them money like the Mafia.

Is there even a work week?

I mean, does the government even tell anyone when not to work and when to work?

It seems like it's just up to employers, and workers...not the government. They'd never get in on that.

Much less now, where we need all the productivity we can get.

There kind of is as there are hourly rules that buisness must follow as well as having different ramifications for different types of employees (part time, full time, temp, etc).

Is there even a work week?

I mean, does the government even tell anyone when not to work and when to work?

It seems like it's just up to employers, and workers...not the government. They'd never get in on that.

Much less now, where we need all the productivity we can get.
They do in France. They limit the amount someone is allowed to work, I believe it is 35 hours. Plus they have a 3 week MANDATORY vacation in Europe. It limits Productivity. Hence, the reason French President Sarkozy (sp?) wants to eliminate Tax Havens. France is Less Productive, so make all nations less productive and less able to compete for International Business.

We have times at my company where OT is allowed and times where it isn't....usually based on business needs

There kind of is as there are hourly rules that buisness must follow as well as having different ramifications for different types of employees (part time, full time, temp, etc).
Not if your are Salary. I've worked anywhere from 40 Hours a week to 100 hours in a week, without any extra pay, because I'm salary. It's part of the job, but you are right, there are limits to the Type of employment, but if you are full time, they can work you as much as they want only if they pay you the contracted amount in overtime, etc.

They do in France. They limit the amount someone is allowed to work, I believe it is 35 hours. Plus they have a 3 week MANDATORY vacation in Europe. It limits Productivity. Hence, the reason French President Sarkozy (sp?) wants to eliminate Tax Havens. France is Less Productive, so make all nations less productive and less able to compete for International Business.

That's France.

This is America.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that we'll even consider doing it. Not even in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"