I have Serious and True Spoilers in here!

StevieNicks1988 said:
I got a question. I have it but I don't want to read it...yet. I'm trying to stay away, but it's hard haha. Anyways;

Who is with the X-Men at the end, and does anyone leave the team? Particularly Wolverine.

Wolverine goes back to being the King of the Cage.

Beast and Storm are the leaders with Colossus, Kitty, Iceman and Angel remaining.

BMM said:
Out of curiousity, where does it say the junior novel is based on an earlier script?

And how do we know the regular novel is not based on the same thing . . . aside from the changes made by Claremont?

It doesn't say, but it's a good possibility it's based on an older draft as Avalanche is in the novel and was at one time written in an early draft.

StevieNicks1988 said that Cyclops' fate was different in the regular novel.

"did colossus battle another opponent and who did beast fight"

Colossus just fights Juggernaut, I think. Juggs takes off after Leech and Colossus tries to stop him and Juggs plows through him.

Beast along with Wolverine take on dozens of people allowing some the other X-Men to do individual battle.

"Who is with the X-Men at the end, and does anyone leave the team? Particularly Wolverine."

Wolverine goes back to the bar rogue found him at and it ends with him entering the cage.

X-Men are Storm and Beast taking over the school, and I guess Bobby Colossus Angel and Kitty

Out of curiousity, where does it say the junior novel is based on an earlier script?

And how do we know the regular novel is not based on the same thing . . . aside from the changes made by Claremont? (Haha . . . wasn't sure where to post this since it seems we have two threads about the same thing)

BMM said:

And how do we know the regular novel is not based on the same thing . . . aside from the changes made by Claremont? (Haha . . . wasn't sure where to post this since it seems we have two threads about the same thing)

It doesn't say that. It's just an assumption some of us have made based on some of the things in the novel that we know that are not in the final film, or vice versa... for example, an IGN interview said that Storm and Jean fight in the movie, but they never fight in the novel. The novel also mentions Avalanche among Magneto's soldiers, but we've been told by the screenwriters that Avalanche isn't in the final movie.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Wolverine doing that.

What a sad ending to a movie lol.

Bishop2 said:
It doesn't say that. It's just an assumption some of us have made based on some of the things in the novel that we know that are not in the final film, or vice versa... for example, an IGN interview said that Storm and Jean fight in the movie, but they never fight in the novel. The novel also mentions Avalanche among Magneto's soldiers, but we've been told by the screenwriters that Avalanche isn't in the final movie.

Although he was written in, in an earlier script.

WorthyStevens4 said:
It doesn't say, but it's a good possibility it's based on an older draft as Avalanche is in the novel and was at one time written in an early draft.

StevieNicks1988 said that Cyclops' fate was different in the regular novel.

Thanks . . . so could the changes in the regular novel not just be changes made by Claremont? Wasn't it said he was given license to change the story up a bit?

Also, is Arclight mentioned in the junior novel--If not, could it be that she was a last minute replacement for Avalanche?

webhead731 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about Wolverine doing that.

What a sad ending to a movie lol.

I wonder why he does that. Is it because he's just THAT mopey over Jean? I mean, he finally found a place he felt like he belonged, and he even believed in it enough to lead the team at one point in this story, and then he just up and quits and decides he'd rather hang out in freaking Podunk, Alberta and beat up on dudes by cheating?

StevieNicks1988 said:
I got a question. I have it but I don't want to read it...yet. I'm trying to stay away, but it's hard haha. Anyways;

Who is with the X-Men at the end, and does anyone leave the team? Particularly Wolverine.
Stevie , about the adult novel i know that you don't have it , and anyways that you don't wan't to read it , but i wonder: could your friend give it to you? and if that's the case , do you have a scan?

After asking her what pages are important for cyke ,you could scan them without reading them?

BMM said:
Thanks . . . so could the changes in the regular novel not just be changes made by Claremont? Wasn't it said he was given license to change the story up a bit?

I doubt it, as Claremont was apparently kept up to date on the film by the screenwriters. I'm not so sure about the license though.

Also, is Arclight mentioned in the junior novel--If not, could it be that she was a last minute replacement for Avalanche?

Apparently she's not in the novel. And she could've been a replacement, it's possible. But who knows.

Yea Logan shouldn't leave, remember Jean telling him that "the good guy sticks around." ?

Maze said:
Stevie , about the adult novel i know that you don't have it , and anyways that you don't wan't to read it , but i wonder: could your friend give it to you? and if that's the case , do you have a scan?

After asking her what pages are important for cyke ,you could scan them without reading them?

I don't have a scanner, but I was going to see if I could get it this week when I go in for work.

lordofthenerds said:
712447334_l.jpg

And he doesn't return...
That is exactly the way the leaked early script had it. Glad to see they didn't change it *evil grin*

psyonic said:
Yea Logan shouldn't leave, remember Jean telling him that "the good guy sticks around." ?

Heh, but he's not a good guy, as Jean herself knew. :)

WorthyStevens4 said:
I doubt it, as Claremont was apparently kept up to date on the film by the screenwriters. I'm not so sure about the license though.

Apparently she's not in the novel. And she could've been a replacement, it's possible. But who knows.
what bother me on the other hand is that Claremont has already added a lot of comic reference that weren't in the movie in the X2 novel, and has done it again with Annie Richardson in X3 (who is not in the movie )

But still, Wolverine shouldn't leave after all he went through with them. But on the other hand, Wolvy is a sort've loner, so if an X4 happens (which it probably will), he could just come back for some odd reason, or whatever they come up with.

danielderosiajp said:
That is exactly the way the leaked early script had it. Glad to see they didn't change it *evil grin*

That's only the novel. Films tend to stray very differently from their novel adaptations...

danielderosiajp said:
Having some fun again at the expense of fanboys Daniel?
bad boy ;)

Maze said:
what bother me on the other hand is that Claremont has already added a lot of comic reference that weren't in the movie in the X2 novel, and has done it again with Annie Richardson in X3 (who is not in the movie )

Who knows. But Annie Richardson is such a small detail, that what happened to her could easily be just a mention in Jean's flashback.

StevieNicks1988 said:
But still, Wolverine shouldn't leave after all he went through with them. But on the other hand, Wolvy is a sort've loner, so if an X4 happens (which it probably will), he could just come back for some odd reason, or whatever they come up with.

I'd rather seen an X4 without Wolverine... he's dominated three movies already, plus he's going to be getting his own spinoff, so let him have that.

webhead731 said:
Colossus doesn't have the biggest role in the book. He throws Wolverine twice at two different enemies.
Kitty is supposed to rescue the mutant "Leech" who has the mutant cure. You get near him, your power is gone until you're away from him. So doctors use his DNA to cure mutants. Kitty trapped Juggs, and rescued Leech, she lost her powers since she was near Leech. She was walking out the door when Juggs came through the wall. He lost his strength because of Leech and then Colossus came through the broken wall. His powers were gone but he was strong enough on his own and knocked Juggernaut out.

Holy... So Mystique, Kitty, Colossus, Juggernaut, and Rogue all get cured?!?!?!?!?!?!? Duuuuuude... Even I never saw that coming... Glad Kitty wasn't in the middle of phasing when she was cured...

WorthyStevens4 said:
Who knows. But Annie Richardson is such a small detail, that what happened to her could easily be just a mention in Jean's flashback.
yup yup..like you said yesterday anyways , i feel that at this point it might goes either way , and that we'll know for sure when somebody will have seen this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"