Superman Returns I really wanted to like this film, but...

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score

I'm so sad... I wanted to like this film. But do you know what I think after seeing the recent footage from the trailer and new documentary?

I am going to LOVE it!!!! That means I'll be going broke from frequent IMAX viewings, various collectors merchandise, the x-box 360 game, and the DVD that will eventually come out. I will be broke because of Singer
DAMN YOU SINGER!!!!!!!!!

hahaha spoiler free people are gonna get so depressed Jc

lol...i needed that.

I'm with you, JC!

SINGER, SOMEDAY YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!!!!:D :D :D

Sucks the 360 Game was delayed until November :down But other then that lol nice trick there :up:

You know, after reading this exchange between Lois and Clark in Superman Returns from the new documentary (paraphrased by the reviewer):

"Clark, let me ask you something. Have you ever been in love with someone? I mean really in love? Now imagine that person leaves, and doesn't say good-bye. Nothing. They say nothing. How would you feel?"

"There could be any number of reasons why he didn't tell you. Maybe he didn't have the guts to tell you; maybe he didn't have time, and had to leave right away. Or maybe he couldn't face you, because he was afraid of what you'd say.

Or maybe he was afraid that if he saw you one more time, he wouldn't be able to go."

It just struck me as a really great scene, and one that encapsulates the weakness of Superman beyond kryptonite. It also sounds like they will be explaining why he left, at least at some point. If they don't do that, this whole house of cards is falling anyway.

As long as it is not depressing and emo, I am starting to come back around on most of this movie.

I will forever hate the kid idea. But it's just the movie, I forgave (and enjoyed) the time reversal thing in STM.

MatchesMalone said:
I forgave (and enjoyed) the time reversal thing in STM.

Pre-crisis Superman, you knew they had to add some wacky powers in there somewhere, only then, they weren't considered so wacky. ;)

IMO the kid will give a good chance to show the humanity of Clark and the nobility of Superman. I will enjoy a new cool version of S:TM (The airplane scene seems fantastic :eek: :up: ).

I only want to see a trilogy, so I hope that WB will do a strong marketing in may and expecially june,, because today the general reaction is pretty cold.

LOL, you had me there.

whew.if u were going to the ''dark side" I would be worried.:up:

DocLathropBrown said:
Pre-crisis Superman, you knew they had to add some wacky powers in there somewhere, only then, they weren't considered so wacky. ;)

Anyone know if this movie is pre or post?

MatchesMalone said:
You know, after reading this exchange between Lois and Clark in Superman Returns from the new documentary (paraphrased by the reviewer):

"Clark, let me ask you something. Have you ever been in love with someone? I mean really in love? Now imagine that person leaves, and doesn't say good-bye. Nothing. They say nothing. How would you feel?"

"There could be any number of reasons why he didn't tell you. Maybe he didn't have the guts to tell you; maybe he didn't have time, and had to leave right away. Or maybe he couldn't face you, because he was afraid of what you'd say.

Or maybe he was afraid that if he saw you one more time, he wouldn't be able to go."

It just struck me as a really great scene, and one that encapsulates the weakness of Superman beyond kryptonite. It also sounds like they will be explaining why he left, at least at some point. If they don't do that, this whole house of cards is falling anyway.

As long as it is not depressing and emo, I am starting to come back around on most of this movie.

I will forever hate the kid idea. But it's just the movie, I forgave (and enjoyed) the time reversal thing in STM.
:eek: :up: whered you get that

Thanks for the support on this thread guys :up:

Hope I didn't sadden all of you on this movie completely :o

Excel said:
:eek: :up: whered you get that

Check BlueTights.net for the review of the Superman documentary. That's where the description of that scene was located. Good review, too.

Nice one JcDc :up:

This movie is looking more and more promising each day.

Hahaha!

You were getting me kind of nervous JcDc.

MatchesMalone said:

That conversation makes it seem like Lois won't know CK and Superman are the same person in SR...is that good or bad?

:up: Ha ha ha!:D Hell yeah, JcDc that was sweet for a laugh ,and it picked fun at all the whiners too!:)

I bet the trolls were smiling coming in here. Great work JC:up:

Venom71 said:
That conversation makes it seem like Lois won't know CK and Superman are the same person in SR...is that good or bad?

I don't think Lois knows. I could be wrong, but . . . I don't see singer acknowledging such things from the previous movies as the "amnesia kiss." They aren't recognizing other "dumb" powers that were shown. If true, it would mean that Kal-el's and Lois' little escapade in the FOS never happened: Lois would remember, ruining SR b/c she would immediately hitch up with Supes again after he got back.

Don't know how much Singer is rewriting/pulling from STM and II.

From what we have seen of Lois, it is pretty apparent that she's pissed off at Supes, but treats Clark just the same as she always did. If she knew they were the same person, she'd make Clark's life pure misery--and would have to be a hell of an actor to reconcile her feelings within the view of the public eye. If she's still in love with Superman, it would be very hard to maintain a working relationship, seeing him all the time at work.

Therefore, I don't see how the kid can be Superman's.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not . . . I'm really tired. And hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"