Superman Returns I really wanted to like this film, but...

Hey guys long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to say i agree with JCDC i can't wait for this movie!

JCDC, no offense...but I bet if I made this same exact thread saying "I know I will hate it" all of you applauding JCDC would be calling me a troll and a moderator would close this thread before it got 20 replies. Double standards are fun.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:

I'm so sad... I wanted to like this film. But do you know what I think after seeing the recent footage from the trailer and new documentary?

I am going to LOVE it!!!! That means I'll be going broke from frequent IMAX viewings, various collectors merchandise, the x-box 360 game, and the DVD that will eventually come out. I will be broke because of Singer
DAMN YOU SINGER!!!!!!!!!

i hate you.

explode7 said:
I bet the trolls were smiling coming in here. Great work JC:up:

They are now chasing me with pitchforks and flamethrowers... I may have to seek the witness relocation program :o I figured we have had enough threads where somebody comes in and says "I'm sure this has been mentioned before..." or "I'm scared of some of the plot elements..." blah blah, if you are that scared get out of the SR forum. I'm just trying to put a little Bailey's in the otherwise old and boring coffee that's been sitting in the same damn spot for months.

explode7 said:
I bet the trolls were smiling coming in here. Great work JC:up:

Its assinine mentality that anyone who dislikes the movie is a troll that causes us to have to be babysat by C. Lee :rolleyes:...and for the record, what the hell do you think this thread is?

Matt said:
Its assinine mentality that anyone who dislikes the movie is a troll that causes us to have to be babysat by C. Lee :rolleyes:...and for the record, what the hell do you think this thread is?

As for this thread, it takes the regular mopey "I dislike this movie" attitude and flips it around. It's my example of misdirection. *hint* It's something Singer is known for. So you saw one thing with the thread title, some can speculate "well it's Jc he would never turn his back on this movie" or others may speculate from the title details alone "omg, Jc has changed his view and doesn't like SR!"

Interesting huh? So one can say "I heard Lois has a kid" and disregard how is plays out (which we don't know yet)

Get it?

Btw I found this excerpt pretty interesting from the interview posted

"Dan: There's a very interesting way that the film unfolds in the first 20 minutes, we'd love to tell you but we can't. It's told in a way people wouldn't really expect."

Matt said:
JCDC, no offense...but I bet if I made this same exact thread saying "I know I will hate it" all of you applauding JCDC would be calling me a troll and a moderator would close this thread before it got 20 replies. Double standards are fun.

Wow, you completely encapsulated everything I was thinking while reading this thread. Thanks.:up:

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
As for this thread, it takes the regular mopey "I dislike this movie" attitude and flips it around. It's my example of misdirection. *hint* It's something Singer is known for. So you saw one thing with the thread title, some can speculate "well it's Jc he would never turn his back on this movie" or others may speculate from the title details alone "omg, Jc has changed his view and doesn't like SR!"

Interesting huh? So one can say "I heard Lois has a kid" and disregard how is plays out (which we don't know yet)

Get it?

Btw I found this excerpt pretty interesting from the interview posted

"Dan: There's a very interesting way that the film unfolds in the first 20 minutes, we'd love to tell you but we can't. It's told in a way people wouldn't really expect."

This is nothing more than trolling that is being applauded by the masses.

Matt said:
This is nothing more than trolling that is being applauded by the masses.

No, it's poking fun at those who come in and act like they are first to ever say they dislike SR. So I flipped it around for fun, it also pokes fun at those who are ready to jump on others that have a negative comment. Some may have come in to say "YOU ARE WRONG YOU IDIOT" but instead found that it was just a comedic post and I'm actually looking forward to SR.

For the record. I don't run to the mods when someone says they dislike SR. I make a a response about it, and usually I'm the one who gets in trouble for it. That's what kind of bugs me.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
No, it's poking fun at those who come in and act like they are first to ever say they dislike SR. So I flipped it around for fun, it also pokes fun at those who are ready to jump on others that have a negative comment. Some may have come in to say "YOU ARE WRONG YOU IDIOT" but instead found that it was just a comedic post and I'm actually looking forward to SR.

For the record. I don't run to the mods when someone says they dislike SR. I make a a response about it, and usually I'm the one who gets in trouble for it. That's what kind of bugs me.

However, if I made the same exact post only I was serious about my dislike for the movie, can you honestly deny that ALL of the people who applauded you would call me a troll? I was just pointing out double standards. You are making fun of a certain group, be it through a comedic manner or not, and sadly people like Showtime and Robocop seem to think that is trolling and C. Lee has agreed to enforce their standards, so you are trolling my friend.

Matt said:
However, if I made the same exact post only I was serious about my dislike for the movie, can you honestly deny that ALL of the people who applauded you would call me a troll? I was just pointing out double standards. You are making fun of a certain group, be it through a comedic manner or not, and sadly people like Showtime and Robocop seem to think that is trolling and C. Lee has agreed to enforce their standards, so you are trolling my friend.

No. If you read carefully, I'm making a joke as a collective whole based on BOTH sides of the equation.

Whether you like or dislike SR it's satire for your pleasure.

Gushing with enthusiasm isn't trolling. Trolling is making disparaging/negative/hostile remarks to piss people off for the fun of it and not engaging in rational debate. I agree with you Matt that if you made a thread the opposite of this, it could be taken (incorrectly) as trolling. Given the incessant griping about this movie, I think a strictly positive thread is refreshing. Thanks Jc, I totally agree with you.

Agnarr said:
Gushing with enthusiasm isn't trolling. Trolling is making disparaging/negative/hostile remarks to piss people off for the fun of it and not engaging in rational debate. I agree with you Matt that if you made a thread the opposite of this, it could be taken (incorrectly) as trolling. Given the incessant griping about this movie, I think a strictly positive thread is refreshing. Thanks Jc, I totally agree with you.

NP man.

why? the point i'm trying to make would be lost and there would be no need for mine anymore. If there going to close one, they should close both

Matt said:

Again, it is ridiculous that you throw my name around in every other thread mispresenting my opinions. Wise up.

Matt said:
Not only are double standards fun.....but assuming the worst about people and broad generalizations about people brings a smile to my face too.

Its happened before.

Matt said:
Its happened before.
Oh, I'm sorry Matt....I forgot I was supposed to send a detailed report on the reason for all of my actions to you first.

Has it ever crossed your mind that everything ISN'T a grand conspiracy by "THE MAN" to keep the little guy down? Sometimes threads need to be closed.....that simple.

C. Lee said:
Oh, I'm sorry Matt....I forgot I was supposed to send a detailed report on the reason for all of my actions to you first.

Has it ever crossed your mind that everything ISN'T a grand conspiracy by "THE MAN" to keep the little guy down? Sometimes threads need to be closed.....that simple.

I was actually more talking about the people complaining about the trolling, trolling threads they dislike.

C. Lee said:

Your Civility thread needs closing, it is pretty much **** up now.

Matt said:
I was actually more talking about the people complaining about the trolling, trolling threads they dislike.

Complaining about the complainers of the trolling? Ugh, stop...please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"