No evil shall escape my sight...The Official John Stewart Thread

If John is the younger rookie to older veteran Hal then I think 24 year old Canadian actor Stephan James may be a good pick. James played a young John Lewis in Selma and Jesse Owens in Race. He also starred in Fox show Shots Fired and is co-lead in the upcoming movie adaption of If Beale Street Could Talk.

Sterling K Brown as John Stewart

So this isn't directly movie related, but I'm elated to finally have a premium Green Lantern collectible of John. I also wouldn't mind a movie costume like this.

8P2aL9il.jpg

So this isn't directly movie related, but I'm elated to finally have a premium Green Lantern collectible of John. I also wouldn't mind a movie costume like this.

8P2aL9il.jpg

Oh, man. That thing is SICK. That would be the perfect look for John in this movie.

Oh, man. That thing is SICK. That would be the perfect look for John in this movie.

I'm starting to save money now because it's going to cost a pretty penny. Hal's one of DC's most iconic characters, so I understand why he gets so many figures and statues, but the other GLs have considerable fan bases too. I hope this statue of John sells out and leads to other GLs getting pieces from Sideshow, XM, Hot Toys, etc...

And I agree about the costume. The extra lines serve the architect motif well, as do the intricacies of the construct.

Yeah. THAT is how your do a GL costume in live action. Not CGI.

I’ve come around to John a lot more in the last year or so. I really think his constructs are probably the most practical for a movie. Gigantic guns and cannons will be easier to swallow than the more imaginative constructs. I want more beams, guns, cannons, and swords to be constructs than the more imaginative stuff like Kyle would make. It’ll be more palatable for the general audience that way

I’ve come around to John a lot more in the last year or so. I really think his constructs are probably the most practical for a movie. Gigantic guns and cannons will be easier to swallow than the more imaginative constructs. I want more beams, guns, cannons, and swords to be constructs than the more imaginative stuff like Kyle would make. It’ll be more palatable for the general audience that way

In the old Rebirth story, Hal described how each of the human Lanterns used their rings differently. John's constructs are all about intricacy, practicality, and detail.

7iNOdlC.jpg

8P2aL9il.jpg

Wow, this is awesome. I need to get it. One of the best figures I've seen in a while.

Wow, this is awesome. I need to get it. One of the best figures I've seen in a while.

Indeed it is. I don't see the Prime 1 logo anywhere on the image, so I'll assume that they're not involved. The SS/P1 collaborations have been exquisite, but they also increase the already premium prices. I hope this John is $500 or less.

Indeed it is. I don't see the Prime 1 logo anywhere on the image, so I'll assume that they're not involved. The SS/P1 collaborations have been exquisite, but they also increase the already premium prices. I hope this John is $500 or less.

Is this the best John Stewart statue you've seen?

Is this the best John Stewart statue you've seen?

The is actually the first premium John Stewart collectible ever. Prior to this, the closest thing John had to a premium was a maquette from the JL Animated series. It's rare, but it features only limited detail since it's accurate to the cartoon design.

With a few outliers here and there, the really pricey/limited items have always been either Hal or Sinestro. Guy, Kyle, Alan, and Simon only have figures and lower end busts/small statues. Jessica now has a DC Bombshells statue, and Kilowog has an Iron Studios statue that's small but expensive. That's about it. It was time for John to enter the premium party, and I hope he's not the last GL character to do so.

The is actually the first premium John Stewart collectible ever. Prior to this, the closest thing John had to a premium was a maquette from the JL Animated series. It's rare, but it features only limited detail since it's accurate to the cartoon design.

With a few outliers here and there, the really pricey/limited items have always been either Hal or Sinestro. Guy, Kyle, Alan, and Simon only have figures and lower end busts/small statues. Jessica now has a DC Bombshells statue, and Kilowog has an Iron Studios statue that's small but expensive. That's about it. It was time for John to enter the premium party, and I hope he's not the last GL character to do so.

All the more reason to get it then! I’ll have to check out the Kilowog and Jessica statues then.

I was just thinking about him the other day as far as who could play John Stewart and I thought Denzel's son John David Washington...John David he is on his way to becoming a star in Hollywood just like his old man Denzel and John can act especially if you watch Black Klansman

All the more reason to get it then! I’ll have to check out the Kilowog and Jessica statues then.
Sideshow has the John statue up for pre-order. It's $595. It's a good thing that I have 9 months to save.

I’m sure he could be good as John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"