I think they're cramming too much in this one.........

Spider-fan said:
and why in God's name are they MAKING SANDMAN REALLY BE BEN's KILLER!

Methinks it MAY be a curveball.

November Rain said:
but harry seems pretty solid, didn't get many issues coming through from others in his role in the second film, heck, i gave him respect for making Ock his personal errand boy.

How did he make him his errand boy??

They made a deal. Ock dangled him over building balcony edge until Harry agreed to make a deal. The tritium for Spider-Man.

Ock: "Have it ready"
Harry: "Don't hurt Peter" [Yeah, he really listened to that one]

Really Odin, I know you dislike SM-2, but don't be silly now :cwink:

Ock is correct, if there is one person you don't argue with about sm-2 and Otto Octavius, is Doc Ock.

:wow:

when i was actually typing this, i had you in mined, i was baiting you, looks like it worked...

:o

i wasn't intending to go on this roundabout again with you, was only looking to push some buttons

;)

venom4life said:
Ock is correct, if there is one person you don't argue with about sm-2 and Otto Octavius, is Doc Ock.

Smart boy :oldrazz:

November Rain said:
when i was actually typing this, i had you in mined, i was baiting you, looks like it worked...

i wasn't intending to go on this roundabout again with you, was only looking to push some buttons

;)

Well, that's rather childish. Disappointed in you Odin :ninja:

venom4life said:

actually truth be told, Doc Ock is one of the best people to argue with, or at least hold a debatable convo.

November Rain said:
actually truth be told, Doc Ock is one of the best people to argue with, or at least hold a debatable convo.

much agreement, rain.

Doc Ock said:
Well, that's rather childish. Disappointed in you Odin :ninja:
ah c'mon, no harm was meant by it, I just wanted to see if you'd jump to the rescue, that's all...

So Sandman is Ben's killer....yet when Joker was the cause to Bruce's parents in 89 the purists had a fit.

Oh well anyways the trailer looked sweet can't wait.

November Rain said:

Grrrrrrr I hate when people do that. Compliment you, after you've scolded them over something. Makes you feel bad.

Probably falling for another trick here too :cmad: :ninja:

November Rain said:
ah c'mon, no harm was meant by it, I just wanted to see if you'd jump to the rescue, that's all...

Hey, you know I'm the first one to criticize the failings of these movies. Remember your Armed and Dangerous thread?? :cwink:

I just don't see the Ock/Harry deal as a failing, personally.

Btw, I always meant to ask, why did you change your username??

You know if you think about it with 2 hours and 30 minutes to make this story work they have pleanty of time and I think Venom will be on longer and fight Spidey more then once in that time period because for one Spidey dosent even know Brocks Venom so Venom has to attack him atleast once before the big battle and then mess with his feelings with going round Aunt May and MJ which then will lead to the battle royal so we may get more Venom screen time then anyone thinks because the Belltower scene I think will happen atleast 1 hour 30 minutes into the movie.

Doc Ock said:
Grrrrrrr I hate when people do that. Compliment you, after you've scolded them over something. Makes you feel bad.

Probably falling for another trick here too :cmad: :ninja:
Trick, no.

genuine compliment. It's not like we are polar opposites, we do share common ground on some aspects and some subjects which makes middle ground a reasonable outcome in most matters and that's half the battle.

Hey, you know I'm the first one to criticize the failings of these movies. Remember your Armed and Dangerous thread?? :cwink:
I know you aren't a blind fan, infact you are harder than most truth be told. A lot of members here (as you can probably see from all teh venom threads) will accept anything thrown at them.

you know in the end that thread had more people voting for the second film than the cartoon even after that massive poll lead by the cartoon? Just goes to show you can't change em all :o

I just don't see the Ock/Harry deal as a failing, personally.
Failing....it depends on the viewpoint.

on a independant business point of view, they both got what they wanted and no harm came to them and none of them were double crossed.

however i would say that ock did more for harry (collecting spidey) than harry did for ock (tritium). even though he was the only one to perhaps have it in that quantity, i felt ock could have bullied it out of harry. Harry in that state couldn't have brought in spidey for a million years. So based on the effectiveness for one to complete his desires without the aid of the other i feel that ock got the bad end of the deal (considering all harry had to do was open a lock). Considering he is also confronted with an ego-maniac supervillain at this time and he was an upset drunk rich boy, i felt he did pretty damn well.

it was a necessary plot device for the film so it didn't fail, i just felt that it may have been out of character perhaps but you know more about the character than i do. So i would have a tendency to call ock the errand boy.

it's a similar situation to having a villain not kill a hero with a gun instead of using a glamourous contraption, part and parcel with hollywood.

Btw, I always meant to ask, why did you change your username??
odin's still out there but i felt that with the large post count, people look at you differently, so i nipped it in the bud. November rain is also avatar-less so peeps can judge me on my posts alone instead of any other thing. the colourful sig is just to find my posts when i'm quickly scrolling down a page. odin ended with a nice little pallindrome

VenomOwnz said:
You know if you think about it with 2 hours and 30 minutes to make this story work they have pleanty of time and I think Venom will be on longer and fight Spidey more then once in that time period because for one Spidey dosent even know Brocks Venom so Venom has to attack him atleast once before the big battle and then mess with his feelings with going round Aunt May and MJ which then will lead to the battle royal so we may get more Venom screen time then anyone thinks because the Belltower scene I think will happen atleast 1 hour 30 minutes into the movie.
i doubt we are going to get a personal life taunting venom.

November Rain said:
i doubt we are going to get a personal life taunting venom.
I think we will. Remember that one set pic of Topher and Tobster in front of May's house and his chest was all buffed up? It was night and he had a green t-shirt on. I'm too lazy to look for it, sorry. :o

oh, i haven't seen that set pic, apologies, i'm still trying to stay mainly spoiler free.

who is tobster? whose chest was buffed up ?

November Rain said:
oh, i haven't seen that set pic, apologies, i'm still trying to stay mainly spoiler free.
Ah, then ignore my post. You never saw it. *Waves hand*

November Rain said:
Trick, no.

genuine compliment. It's not like we are polar opposites, we do share common ground on some aspects and some subjects which makes middle ground a reasonable outcome in most matters and that's half the battle.

Well, thank you.

I return that compliment in kind. In fact, you have an uncanny sense of seeing rubbish movies long before they even come out. I remember when the first X-Men 3 trailer came out. It looked great. Pretty much everyone seemed happy.

Not you. You saw it coming even waaaaaaaay back then :cwink:

I know you aren't a blind fan, infact you are harder than most truth be told. A lot of members here (as you can probably see from all teh venom threads) will accept anything thrown at them.

Oh yes indeed. I can understand fan's excitement to see Venom. But some of the things they seem doing with him is dumb IMO.

It's like he's here just for the sake of seeing him.

you know in the end that thread had more people voting for the second film than the cartoon even after that massive poll lead by the cartoon? Just goes to show you can't change em all :o

No, and you're better off not even trying. To each his own. It's not like people don't like both versions of Ock. Myself included. It's just knowing which one is the better version.

Failing....it depends on the viewpoint.

on a independant business point of view, they both got what they wanted and no harm came to them and none of them were double crossed.

however i would say that ock did more for harry (collecting spidey) than harry did for ock (tritium). even though he was the only one to perhaps have it in that quantity, i felt ock could have bullied it out of harry. Harry in that state couldn't have brought in spidey for a million years. So based on the effectiveness for one to complete his desires without the aid of the other i feel that ock got the bad end of the deal (considering all harry had to do was open a lock). Considering he is also confronted with an ego-maniac supervillain at this time and he was an upset drunk rich boy, i felt he did pretty damn well.

it was a necessary plot device for the film so it didn't fail, i just felt that it may have been out of character perhaps but you know more about the character than i do. So i would have a tendency to call ock the errand boy.

But you see, this was not comic book Octavius we are dealing with here. Comic book Ock would have tortured, and probably killed Harry to get what he wanted. Then torn the mansion apart searching for what he wanted.

SM-2 had a watered down version of Ock. Yes, he was ruthless, but not on the same level as comic Ock in some areas. Hence, why he was willing to bargain with Harry. That's what you gotta do when watching these movies. Realize you're not looking at the comic book characters. Every single one of them, save maybe Jonah Jameson, are different to their comic book counterparts.

odin's still out there but i felt that with the large post count, people look at you differently, so i nipped it in the bud. November rain is also avatar-less so peeps can judge me on my posts alone instead of any other thing. the colourful sig is just to find my posts when i'm quickly scrolling down a page. odin ended with a nice little pallindrome

I see. So, it was more of not being judged by your post count, but by what you have to say.

Well dude, anyone who judges what you have to say based on your post count or avatar, are just stupid.

I have faith in Sam Raimi for this one. There are a lot of storylines going on this one, and inevitably there will be sacrifices in the development of some characters and storylines. Initially I thought, "He should make a full movie devoted to the Venom story, and nothing else." But I think this movie will be a lot of fun.

Raimi in this movie seems to be taking more of a Spider-Man story approach than a Sandman or Harry or Venom approach. The way I see it, he is using their stories as a means to convey his theme of revenge in relation to Spider-Man, rather than as a showcase for their backround and powers. (Wow I feel like I'm writing an English paper.) I think that means we'll get an interesting story, even though I might be left wanting a little more screen time for Venom or Gwen Stacy.

Doc Ock said:
Well, thank you.

I return that compliment in kind. In fact, you have an uncanny sense of seeing rubbish movies long before they even come out. I remember when the first X-Men 3 trailer came out. It looked great. Pretty much everyone seemed happy.

Not you. You saw it coming even waaaaaaaay back then :cwink:
Heh, well it's not that great an eye. I like the Hulk and also superman returns and don't like batman begins (due to again comic book motivations and also pacing) so i can't be that good.

Oh yes indeed. I can understand fan's excitement to see Venom. But some of the things they seem doing with him is dumb IMO.

It's like he's here just for the sake of seeing him.
well I thought like that as well but it seems he's there now to draw parallels between parker and harry more than anything. Peter is to harry as sandman now is to peter. they both (seemingly) believe the other is a killer of their male role models and have made (or will make it) their duty to make sure they pay. If harry can come to terms with his father's loss in the effort from keeping his former best friend from going down the same path then it could help with is own redemption (or perhaps vice versa with pete helping harry after the symbiote has been disposed). WITHOUT venom, the symbiote itself would have been a nice plot device to this with the build up to venom happening in the next film (or film franchise) and the goblin story done and dusted. but if they are cramming into one, so be it.

I think the original money spinnning idea of introducing him has the potential to work out if they use him accordingly, which is never likely to happen but you can always dream though.

No, and you're better off not even trying. To each his own. It's not like people don't like both versions of Ock. Myself included. It's just knowing which one is the better version.
true

But you see, this was not comic book Octavius we are dealing with here. Comic book Ock would have tortured, and probably killed Harry to get what he wanted. Then torn the mansion apart searching for what he wanted.

SM-2 had a watered down version of Ock. Yes, he was ruthless, but not on the same level as comic Ock in some areas. Hence, why he was willing to bargain with Harry. That's what you gotta do when watching these movies. Realize you're not looking at the comic book characters. Every single one of them, save maybe Jonah Jameson, are different to their comic book counterparts.

When i make a comparison of a character, i'm one of the few who doesn't solely use 616 as a focal point, i use up a comparison of cartoons, 616, ultimate and anything i can get my hands on to get a general view and form an average. i understand that all ocks are going to be different as are all other characters, its only the fact that certain scene may have felt more out of character than not only than the OCK average but than himself within his own film universe. For examples, parker tried to bargain with him the next day and he got thrown into a wall. So i do feel even within the context of the film, it was out for ock. I feel ock should have dealt with harry EXACTLy the same way he dealt with parker at the cafe.

[/quote]
I see. So, it was more of not being judged by your post count, but by what you have to say.

Well dude, anyone who judges what you have to say based on your post count or avatar, are just stupid.
well yep at least for the time being.

you'd be surprised what people judge you by, i can be a bit guilty of that myself to be honest.

I also heard they were "cramming" too much into Batman Begins and it worked just fine.

At least from the looks of the trailer along with the pictures and articles, we'll be getting a excellent closer and will see something breathtaking, unlike X3 which should've been on par with Return of the King in terms of emotion and the epic nature.

I'm not whining. Certain fans whined, *****ed, and moaned about Raimi not including more villains. So he includes Sandman, GG2, and Venom, especially since fans were the ones clamoring for Venom the most.

Now that he includes them in a film they're still unhappy and whiney, I guess some won't be satisfied until an Spidey is done like X3.

ultimatefan said:
I also heard they were "cramming" too much into Batman Begins and it worked just fine.

Excatly [I have faith in Sam Raimi based on Spidey 2 & Spider-man] He knows what he's doing and I can't wait to see the compleate finished movie May 4, 2007.

:woot: :hyper: :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"