I was called a racist today.

Well see, this is the problem. You don't see what they did wrong. Apparently in your view, it's okay to make so much racket that you drive your neighbors crazy. And when said neighbors politely ask you to tone it down, just go ahead and curse and yell some more. :dry: That's why I say it's partly a cultural thing.

How is it a cultural thing? Because Darth revealed that he is Hispanic?

Wear a monocle and say that again.

:huh:

mr_peanut_warning.jpg

jag

Well of course I agree with that. Yet, you should've known that them getting angry like that was a possibility.

So, he should have assumed they were *******s. :huh:

You know what, I'll go ahead and straight out say it. While what Geo did was fine, and I agree with it, he had no right to tell them to quiet down. The brother's reaction was uncalled for of course, but it's something he should've been ready for.

And noise ordinances are a joke. And nowhere in the USA is their a noise ordinance against noise during the day. Nowhere. Power tools would be outlawed all over.

He had every right to tell them to quiet down. What you essentially are saying is that their right to be loud and obnoxious is more important than his right to peaceably enjoy his home. That's ridiculous.

As for power toold and lawnmowers and the like, they are necessary for maintaining ones home. But there are ordinances regarding when they can be used. On the other hand, being loud and obnoxious and causing problems for your neighbors is not an inalienable right.

So, he should have assumed they were *******s. :huh:

In America, yes, assume everyone is an ******* first.

He had every right to tell them to quiet down. What you essentially are saying is that their right to be loud and obnoxious is more important than his right to peaceably enjoy his home. That's ridiculous.

As for power toold and lawnmowers and the like, they are necessary for maintaining ones home. But there are ordinances regarding when they can be used. On the other hand, being loud and obnoxious and causing problems for your neighbors is not an inalienable right.

No Casey, he really didn't. He's not an authoritative official, and they were violating no law or ordinance. Let me ask this question, why aren't the other neighbors complaining?

While it's not right, whenever some white guy tells a group of black, latino or asian guys that they're doing something wrong and should stop, some of us do immediately think to ourselves, "who the **** is this white guy telling me something?" Even if we are in the wrong.

How is it a cultural thing? Because Darth revealed that he is Hispanic?

Traditionally, hispanics like to have big gatherings, loud parties, etc. They often have all day birthday parties and don't even eat or cut cake until very late at night.

While it's not right, whenever some white guy tells a group of black, latino or asian guys that they're doing something wrong and should stop, some of us do immediately think to ourselves, "who the **** is this white guy telling me something?" Even if we are in the wrong.

Hey, could you keep it down? Some of us are trying to watch TV!

jag

Well of course I agree with that. Yet, you should've known that them getting angry like that was a possibility.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that if you and 5 or more people are yammering on directly in front of where a bunch of people live, that you'd be bothering people. It's inconsiderate for them to do so. No one else around here gathers directly in front of the apartments, there is a playground/grass area like 10 feet from our apartments that they could go and hang out, where a lot of people hang out, but they do it right there.

The only reason no one else says anything is because our neighbors below us are scared of everyone and barely open the door a crack when we knock on it, and the neighbor next to us doesn't speak english very well and keeps to himself.

I keep hoping that people aren't as quick to lash out at those around them as I think they are, and I'm always proven wrong.

In America, yes, assume everyone is an ******* first.

No Casey, he really didn't. He's not an authoritative official, and they were violating no law or ordinance. Let me ask this question, why aren't the other neighbors complaining?

Maybe they weren't home. Maybe they were afraid of them. I don't know why they didn't complain. But just because they didn't complain doesn't mean the other neighbors weren't being unreasonably loud. How do you explain the horn honking if they weren't just hell bent on causing problems?

Traditionally, hispanics like to have big gatherings, loud parties, etc. They often have all day birthday parties and don't even eat or cut cake until very late at night.

They also like to have their quinceaneras at 3am and eventually have it turn into a scene from the Fast and the Furious, complete with underage girls in booty shorts. Or so I've heard. :o

Yes, white people never have big gatherings, loud parties or eat cake at late hours in the night.:huh:

Is there something you want to get off your chest Casey.

Yes, white people never have big gatherings, loud parties or eat cake at late hours in the night.:huh:
Of course they do, but it's not as prevalent and it's not as deeply rooted in their culture.

We did not tell them to knock it off, nor did we tell them they can't do what they are doing.

We asked them nicely to keep it down. You shouldn't need a badge for people to respect that.

Maybe they weren't home. Maybe they were afraid of them. I don't know why they didn't complain. But just because they didn't complain doesn't mean the other neighbors weren't being unreasonably loud. How do you explain the horn honking if they weren't just hell bent on causing problems?

But according to Geo, this isn't the first time this happened and he only brought up the horn honking recently. Which I find incredible he didn't include in his initial post. That has no defense. Them talking loudly, or at least what he and his girl deem to be loud is not something I deem unreasonable. Straight up, like Terry said, if someone tells me to be quiet, I'll be like what the ****. But yeah, I'm Hispanic and roll with my big crew and cut cake at 2 AM so what do I know.

Of course they do, but it's not as prevalent and it's not as deeply rooted in their culture.

Ehhhh...I'm of Scots-Irish descent and that sort of all-day party thing is very much a big part of my family's culture.

jag

Late night cake eating goes hand in hand with Hispanic culture. I learn new **** everyday. :up:

Geo, if this sort of thing happens again, you really should just call the police and let them handle it. There's no point in adding fuel to the fire.

White people do the exact same crap everyone else does, but being in the majority, sometimes it is overlooked when they do it. That's all that is.

Ehhhh...I'm of Scots-Irish descent and that sort of all-day party thing is very much a big part of my family's culture.

jag
So am I and it's never been a part of my family's culture.

You never went to College did you?

We did not tell them to knock it off, nor did we tell them they can't do what they are doing.

We asked them nicely to keep it down. You shouldn't need a badge for people to respect that.

Unfortunately, we live in a ****ty world. By involving yourself, you just exacerbated the situation. You told them to be quiet, and the brother started talking ****. The second you went back because he was talking ****, you escalated the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"