• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past I wish Disney could get the rights from Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
That way it could share the same universe as Marvel's new movie universe.

It will be a very long time before that becomes a possibility. Fox and Disney could always make a deal if they had a role that was crucial to a story. They both have rights to Scarlet With and Quicksilver, those are the important two to show up in Avengers or X men. Both franchises have tons of characters and storylines to work on their own before considering a crossover for a very long time.

God lord, I don't think it would be possible to cram that many characters into a single movie without it turning into a disaster.

I haven't been too terribly impressed with Marvel's output outside of Iron Man anyway so I'd rather just see the X-Men stick with Fox.

Ugh! will this ever stop?!

If Marvel Studios get the movie rights for Spider-Man and X-Men, do you think they will have a lot of time prioritizing X-Men and Spider-Man? I don't think so. Marvel Studios is already busy with The Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America/Thor/GuardiansoftheGalaxy/etc... Let X-Men stay with Fox. X-Men: First Class was awesome anyway.

Marvel studios Is becoming Avengers studios.Assuming Guardians of the Galaxy Is the 2014 summer film that Is only being made to lead to a Thanos led Invasion of earth In
The Avengers 2.How many years have they been talking about Ant-Man? What makes
anyone think If Marvel got SPider-Man and X-Men they would spend anytime making them a high priotry.I don't want to wait 10 years for another X-Men film.Plus If you like 616 X-Men comics you are probally better off with present series.

Ugh! will this ever stop?!

If Marvel Studios get the movie rights for Spider-Man and X-Men, do you think they will have a lot of time prioritizing X-Men and Spider-Man? I don't think so. Marvel Studios is already busy with The Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America/Thor/GuardiansoftheGalaxy/etc... Let X-Men stay with Fox. X-Men: First Class was awesome anyway.

tumblr_m46emf9PBr1r3ox4ao1_500.gif

I have no doubt that Marvel Studios would do a much better job with the X-Men than Fox has, but having that property back could bog down the universe they've created and will continue to expand with the characters they haven't used yet, so for now, I'm fine with Fox owning the rights to X-Men, and Sony having Spider-Man for that matter.

God lord, I don't think it would be possible to cram that many characters into a single movie without it turning into a disaster.

Even if they get the rights back from Fox, they don't need to cram X-Men and Spiderman into The Avengers franchise.

I agree Fox has run the X-men franchise into the ground. I wish there was some major loop hole in there contact that allowed Marvel/Disney to get the rights back.

Even if they get the rights back from Fox, they don't need to cram X-Men and Spiderman into The Avengers franchise.
Sharing the same universe doesn't mean movie crossover. It just means the possibility is there but I could still see Wolverine and Spider-man popping up in the Avengers.

I have no doubt that Marvel Studios would do a much better job with the X-Men than Fox has, but having that property back could bog down the universe they've created and will continue to expand with the characters they haven't used yet, so for now, I'm fine with Fox owning the rights to X-Men, and Sony having Spider-Man for that matter.
Sorry but if they can handle Guardians of the Galaxy then they can handle X-men.

Last edited:
if the rights were back at Marvel like.... this year, we wouldnt see Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy as Magneto and Charles again....

so let Fox do some more great movies with this cast, and lets see what happens after them :)

I agree Fox has run the X-men franchise into the ground. I wish there was some major loop hole in there contact that allowed Marvel/Disney to get the rights back.

How does First Class qualify as running the X-men franchise into the ground? It was liked by both the audience and critics.

I have to admit I wouldn't mind Disney getting the rights back. Not because i want a crossover but I would love to see an X-Men film with the comics costumes or something similar and a more comic book feel. But I do want to see where First Class is going to take us. I'm sure one day it'l be rebooted in this way but right now I'm enjoying what we're getting.

Sorry but if they can handle Guardians of the Galaxy then they can handle X-men.

The Guardians of the Galaxy work because their universe more easily crosses over into the story Marvel Studios is currently trying to tell. The X-Men do not.

Also, comparing the entirety of the X-Men universe to a small team established in 2008 is absurd.

The Guardians of the Galaxy work because their universe more easily crosses over into the story Marvel Studios is currently trying to tell. The X-Men do not.

Also, comparing the entirety of the X-Men universe to a small team established in 2008 is absurd.

I'm saying that GotG is a more difficult film to create and sell to the public and if Marvel can successfully do GotG they can successfully do X-men. Plus i wouldn't mind seeing the X-men characters done Justice.

Saying Fox has run X-men Into the grounds and saying Marvel would do X-men justice
I am going to have to strongly disagree there.I will take X-Men,X2,and First Class over
Both Iron Man films,The Incredible Hulk,Thor,and Captain America.And I consider X2 better than The Avengers.

Marvel studios only does films Important to Avengers films.Assuming Guardians of the
Galaxy Is the second 2014 film It's only been done as part of leadup to The Avengers 2.
I don't want yo wait at least 10 years for another X-Men film.

And I hate to tell people but people were reading 616 comics long before 2000 and start of ultimate universe.Marvel studios far too much Ignores Classic Marvel to adopt
Ultimate line.

I have a feeling if Marvel gets the film rights for X-Men and Spider-Man, they would call it their films "Marvel's X-Men" and "Marvel's Spider-Man". Its just a movie title and it has nothing to do with the quality of the movie but I don't like that they added the "Marvel's" in the Avengers' movie title.

I don't think that Marvel Studios can handle the X-Men universe at this point in time honestly. Besides, Fox already pre-booting the franchise worked in their favor, I'd like to see what else comes of their new series.

The problem with combining all the universes is that Marvel are such Wolverine fans that they would probably turn The Avengers into 'Wolverine featuring The Avengers'. The way things are now, that's probably for the best.

Although I would love to see Wanda and Pietro as Avengers fight their father.

I'm glad they don't have the rights. I prefer the X-Men off in their own universe. I've never liked that the X-Men coexist in the same world as the Avengers and other Marvel characters. The mutants' struggle for acceptance just feels incongruous in a world where many other superpowered human beings exist.

I'm also glad that Spider-Man is off on his own, but not for the same reason. I just think Spidey works better on his own. I just wish that he and Daredevil were owned by the same studio so that they could both utilize the Kingpin.

The only property I'd like to see return to Marvel is the Fantastic Four, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Oh, and the best part about Marvel not having the rights to the X-Men or Spider-Man? No freaking Wolverine or Spidey in the Avengers!

The only property I'd like to see return to Marvel is the Fantastic Four, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Agreed, especially with Marvel going cosmic. It would be nice if they had Surfer and Galactus back.

I think X-Men and Spider-Man are definitely better off at Fox and Sony. The First Class sequel has great potential to rival the Avengers (not at the box office obviously). And X2 is still the best Marvel team-up there is on celluloid imo.

I'm glad they don't have the rights. I prefer the X-Men off in their own universe. I've never liked that the X-Men coexist in the same world as the Avengers and other Marvel characters. The mutants' struggle for acceptance just feels incongruous in a world where many other superpowered human beings exist.

I'm also glad that Spider-Man is off on his own, but not for the same reason. I just think Spidey works better on his own. I just wish that he and Daredevil were owned by the same studio so that they could both utilize the Kingpin.

Oh, and the best part about Marvel not having the rights to the X-Men or Spider-Man? No freaking Wolverine or Spidey in the Avengers!

QTF
all this is on the money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"