• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past I wish Disney could get the rights from Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way

i love marvel but First Class>Thor and CA

That's because X-men is a better comic than both Thor and Captain American and that's despite Fox screwing things up... Not because Marvel Studio did a poor job with those 2 movies.

Hell, if Christopher Nolan made an epic "Go-bots" movie today people would still love Transformers more despite what Bay has done to them... Why? Because Transformers is a better franchise than Gobots. So it's really not fair to count Marvel studios out because they can still would make a better X-men film than Fox could even a good day.

Fox doesn't even respect it's own continuity, they barely made their money back domestically when in fact the X-men franchise should be doing Avenger's numbers. And Wolverine should be doing close to Dark Knight's numbers as well. But Fox takes too many shortcuts, poor scripts, bad actors. And history has proven that they don't really care about the characters they b*stardize time and time again.

So if you guys don't think that Marvel/Disney wouldn't be the best suited at making and Xmen, F4 and Spidey films after already seeing the best of what Sony/Fox can do, then it's obvious that you're all secretly Sony/Fox execs.

That or there's a Skrull invasion on this site....LOL!

Ugh! will this ever stop?!

If Marvel Studios get the movie rights for Spider-Man and X-Men, do you think they will have a lot of time prioritizing X-Men and Spider-Man? I don't think so. Marvel Studios is already busy with The Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America/Thor/GuardiansoftheGalaxy/etc... Let X-Men stay with Fox. X-Men: First Class was awesome anyway.

You obviously have no imagination...

Disney would put half of those on hold in a heartbeat to get a shot at making a "quality" X-men or Spidey film. Trust me...Guardians could wait!

And as entertaining as First Class was, it still should have been much, much better. So you don't honestly think it would be better in the hands of people who's first thoughts on casting actors wouldn't include casting "Black Eyed Peas" members as mutants...?

That's because X-men is a better comic than both Thor and Captain American and that's despite Fox screwing things up... Not because Marvel Studio did a poor job with those 2 movies.
Uhm, NO!
I'm didn't read enough of Thor but they had DAMN GOOD material with World War II Captain America, instead moving so fast to the man out of time character to make him appear in Avengers they should have tried to focus more on the war. I mean, the first half was great, it really good, extablished the characters and made us like them, the problem was really the 2nd half, Bucky's death wasn't even as sentimental as it could have been, when he died most didn't care, he was barelly there.

And one of the things that made more mad was how they decided to disconect the film so quickly from the Nazis, those were the reason he went to war to begin with, i wanted to see him beating Nazis:

220px-Captainamerica1.jpg

Not freaking Hydra :cmad:

Marvel Studios films after Iron Man 1 was successful enough have seemed a little childish, try to distance themselves from Nazism, racism, scary aliens (the chitauri would be scary if used like in Ultimates :o), that's ok for a cartoon, but not for a movie.

The fact that captain America only had 1 film to show his entire WWII story hurt the potencial of the story.

Uhm, NO!
I'm didn't read enough of Thor but they had DAMN GOOD material with World War II Captain America, instead moving so fast to the man out of time character to make him appear in Avengers they should have tried to focus more on the war. I mean, the first half was great, it really good, extablished the characters and made us like them, the problem was really the 2nd half, Bucky's death wasn't even as sentimental as it could have been, when he died most didn't care, he was barelly there.

And one of the things that made more mad was how they decided to disconect the film so quickly from the Nazis, those were the reason he went to war to begin with, i wanted to see him beating Nazis:

220px-Captainamerica1.jpg

Not freaking Hydra :cmad:

Marvel Studios films after Iron Man 1 was successful enough have seemed a little childish, try to distance themselves from Nazism, racism, scary aliens (the chitauri would be scary if used like in Ultimates :o), that's ok for a cartoon, but not for a movie.

The fact that captain America only had 1 film to show his entire WWII story hurt the potencial of the story.

Me saying that X-men is a better book then Cap and Thor isn't the same as saying that the 2 are crap. It's just to say that as a comic book fan most like X-men more.

And who's to say that Capt America's sequel wont dig deeper into his past???
Especially with it being titled "Winter Soldier"....

So if you guys don't think that Marvel/Disney wouldn't be the best suited at making and Xmen, F4 and Spidey films after already seeing the best of what Sony/Fox can do, then it's obvious that you're all secretly Sony/Fox execs.

That or there's a Skrull invasion on this site....LOL!

That's right.

Those of you who have been here for years, through the good and the bad, aren't true fans. The person who created an account today, however, and only grew a spine after the success of the Avengers, is the real deal. Give me a break.

That's right.

Those of you who have been here for years, through the good and the bad, aren't true fans. The person who created an account today, however, and only grew a spine after the success of the Avengers, is the real deal. Give me a break.

So when unable to form a legitimate rebuttal, use misdirection and word manipulation huh... well have fun with that. I'm poised to believe that those who have endured the good and the bad would have their hearts set on what could potentially be "the great"

Fox had their chance. I think an X-men film under Marvel would share the same success as Avengers. So if you really wanna break then stop hanging to Fox as if you owe them something.

Trust me if Avengers was as bad as X-men United or Wolverine this would be a dead issue.

I am curious to what Marvel would do, but right now I think we are in good hands with Vaughn and crew, and Marvels too busy with 2 to 3 movies every year right now. Eventually I hope Marvel get all their rights back, and with the billions they are making I think they will be able to do that down the road. It is were they belong, but I see no reason for them to switch studios when FC was so good and getting started.

So when unable to form a legitimate rebuttal, use misdirection and word manipulation huh... well have fun with that. I'm poised to believe that those who have endured the good and the bad would have their hearts set on what could potentially be "the great"

Fox had their chance. I think an X-men film under Marvel would share the same success as Avengers. So if you really wanna break then stop hanging to Fox as if you owe them something.

Trust me if Avengers was as bad as X-men United or Wolverine this would be a dead issue.

My post is as much of a legitimate rebuttal as someone like you deserves. You're not here to have a discussion. You're here to talk down to people and name call, like you have been since your first post. There’s no misdirection here. You’re trolling, plain and simple.

Me saying that X-men is a better book then Cap and Thor isn't the same as saying that the 2 are crap. It's just to say that as a comic book fan most like X-men more.

And who's to say that Capt America's sequel wont dig deeper into his past???
Especially with it being titled "Winter Soldier"....
The way you said it was as if you thought that there couldn't have been made a movie with those two that would be better than the X-Men ones, but no, with Captain America there was material to make in amazing, if they weren't afraid to use Nazism and other heavy stuff of the war.

If Marvel Studios got the rights of X-Men back there could also be the risk that they would tone down racism and some of the themes of the X-Men franchise as they have been doing with their movies.

I am curious to what Marvel would do, but right now I think we are in good hands with Vaughn and crew, and Marvels too busy with 2 to 3 movies every year right now. Eventually I hope Marvel get all their rights back, and with the billions they are making I think they will be able to do that down the road. It is were they belong, but I see no reason for them to switch studios when FC was so good and getting started.

I'm sure you'll feel much differently once that Wolverine hits theaters and disappoints yet again...

My post is as much of a legitimate rebuttal as someone like you deserves. You're not here to have a discussion. You're here to talk down to people and name call, like you have been since your first post. There’s no misdirection here. You’re trolling, plain and simple.

Huh....didn't know anyone with half a sense of humor would take that Skrull line even partially serious.

So here's an idea, how about simply updating your ignore list if you're unable to keep up the pace... Especially if grandstanding and posting conjecture is your attribute.

And with that said, I think I'm done talking at you...

The way you said it was as if you thought that there couldn't have been made a movie with those two that would be better than the X-Men ones, but no, with Captain America there was material to make in amazing, if they weren't afraid to use Nazism and other heavy stuff of the war.

If Marvel Studios got the rights of X-Men back there could also be the risk that they would tone down racism and some of the themes of the X-Men franchise as they have been doing with their movies.

Well in their defense I've always found the books and cartoon episodes that only featured racist, mutant hating, powerless humans (Friends Of Humanity) really, really BORING! Not to mention It was very frustrating to hear Professor X preaching...."No Eric! Don't use your powers on those evil humans who just killed 25 children while burning down our school...We're better than that."

So yeah.....skip that part please.

Last edited:
Skip the part that gave is such success and its major audience? How about no.

Well in their defense I've always found the books and cartoon episodes that only featured racist, mutant hating, powerless humans (Friends Of Humanity) really, really BORING! Not to mention It was very frustrating to hear Professor X preaching...."No Eric! Don't use your powers on those evil humans who just killed 25 children while burning down our school...We're better than that."

So yeah.....skip that part please.
:huh: That's the center of the X-Men franchise, it aalso has some cool Science Fiction elements but racism is one of the center themes of the X-Men, if you take that you may as well use a different marvel franchise instead of taking the core of one that already exists.

And it's not as if Marvel Studios was that perfect, after Iron Man they have only paid safe with their movies, not to mention the let down that was Iron Man 2, i actually liked that film, but many of the fans didn't and it's easy to see why, it was rushed since the begining to give way to the Avengers. Even the director dislike the result if i remember well, and many directors and fans regard it as a terrible sequel.

And now lets see the people they have making their upcoming movies, Iron Man 3 is going to be directed by a guy that has only made one film, but since it was so good and he has a history in the cinema business he's an exelent choice and i bet the film's going to be great, but now lets move on to the other 2, Thor 2 is going to be directed by Alan Taylor who directed The Emperor's New Clothes :dry:, he only made 3 films that weren't very successful (they barely have a wikipedia page) and the last one was in 2003.

Captain America 2 is going to be directed by the Russo Brothers, who made:
Dupreeposter.jpg

Oh yeah, its 21% "rotten" rating gives me so many hopes :whatever:

I only referenced the Marvel films that have a set date and a director, now lets go to Fox's 2 films that have both.

X-Men: First Class sequel is set to be directed by Matthew Vaugh who directed Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, Stardust, and other films. The guys has already proved he can handle Characters and action, and the last X-Men film has put things in motion for an epic 2nd film. Yup, seem more interesting than Cpatain America directed by the guy that did this:
Dupreeposter.jpg

Yeah, i like using this as a joke, and The Wolverine is going to be directed by the same guy that made 3:10 to Yuma based on a script that was a modification of a script writen by Darren Aronofsky.

I'm not a Fox executive or a Bryan Singer blind follower as you previously called me, i just look at the facts, and i want above all to see good movies, that's why the marvel studios films i'm more looking forward are Edgar Wright's Ant-Man and Iron Man 3.

Kevin Feige or one of the MCU's producers said that he was allways hoping other studios Superhero films would be good and successful, and he works for Marvel studios, he's not a Fox executive but he wiches them good luck, as he said they need to prove that the genre is of quality, a Superhero movie failing isn't going to help the genre at all.

I'm sure you'll feel much differently once that Wolverine hits theaters and disappoints yet again...

Of course, if Wolverine and FC2 suck then everyone will want X Men at Marvel. Thing is, they have good creative teams right now on both those flicks, so until those films get released Im not not gonna talk **** on how much their gonna suck. Their last X Men flick was good, no reason to move studios right now.

YP did you really suggest to get rid of the racism aspect LOL

why do you think so many people connect with x men films many people have dealt with discrimination such as skin color,religion,sexual preference,etc.

thats like telling batman to get rid of his internal struggles lol

YP did you really suggest to get rid of the racism aspect LOL

why do you think so many people connect with x men films many people have dealt with discrimination such as skin color,religion,sexual preference,etc.

thats like telling batman to get rid of his internal struggles lol

Wow....some of you just take things out of context and just run with it.

Wow....some of you just take things out of context and just run with it.
What was taken out of context? You said you found the racist, mutant hating, powerless human stories really boring and said yes to skipping it; despite it being what the X-Men were made on and its majority of audience relates to.

Is there something we're missing or misunderstanding?

Wolverine is not the Xmen.

The Wolverine can be the worst Fox movie ever.... but the First Class sequel will be a whole different thing, and with the same team as the first, with more freedom and time and a bigger budget.... many of us will be shocked, remark my words

Huh....didn't know anyone with half a sense of humor would take that Skrull line even partially serious.

So here's an idea, how about simply updating your ignore list if you're unable to keep up the pace... Especially if grandstanding and posting conjecture is your attribute.

And with that said, I think I'm done talking at you...

You call people blind followers, unimaginative, and dismiss them as Fox executives when their opinions differ from yours, to the extent that other posters have asked you to stop the insults, and you think this is about a quip about Skrulls? Talk about not being able to keep up pace.

Rather than put you on my ignore list, I’ll just report your posts from now on. At the rate you’re going, you won’t have to talk at anyone anymore and you can be some other board’s problem.

:huh: That's the center of the X-Men franchise, it aalso has some cool Science Fiction elements but racism is one of the center themes of the X-Men, if you take that you may as well use a different marvel franchise instead of taking the core of one that already exists.

Agreed. Removing the prejudicial aspect of the X-Men would be one of the biggest mistakes Marvel could make. Granted, I'm not worried about the studio making that mistake, as it seems to have a pretty good grasp of its characters and what makes them work.

I am, however, worried about Disney trying to appeal to the masses and watering down certain elements by making them family friendly. For instance, under Disney, I don't think we will ever see something like Magneto killing Nazis, and Wolverine fans can probably forget about seeing a more berserker prone version of the character, not to mention audience favorite moments like Wolverine telling Charles and Erik to f--- themselves.

Last edited:
Wolverine is not the Xmen.

The Wolverine can be the worst Fox movie ever.... but the First Class sequel will be a whole different thing, and with the same team as the first, with more freedom and time and a bigger budget.... many of us will be shocked, remark my words
wolverine may not be an X-men movie but it is notorious for it's b*stardidation of known X-men characters.

But for your sake I hope you're right about FC.

As for me, just let me know when it releases on Redbox.

Last edited:
I dont know what's redbox

but when the first trailer arrives, Id like to read your thoughts, definetly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member