Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Iain de Caestecker is Leo Fitz

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
(Couldn't see a thread for him so I thought I would make my own)

fitz1.jpg

It's a huge catch for Marvel to get someone like Iain I reckon. I think he was voted one of the 20 most likely actors to succeed in one of the UK's drama magazines and he was incredible in 'The Fades'

(Couldn't see a thread for him so I thought I would make my own)

fitz1.jpg
It's a huge catch for Marvel to get someone like Iain I reckon. I think he was voted one of the 20 most likely actors to succeed in one of the UK's drama magazines and he was incredible in 'The Fades'

I don't know that this is a huge catch for Marvel so much as it is for him. He gets to be on a highly-anticipated series, which puts him front-and-center for casting directors in Hollywood. A lot of British actors would give their eye teeth for that kind of opportunity. On the other hand, young, talented actors are a dime a dozen in Tinseltown. Marvel could as easily have filled the role with someone else.

weeeeell, he's Scottish and let's just say it's mutually beneficial.

I wonder if is character will be tied to Tony Stark in any way. He seems to build some very high tech stuff.

I doubt it. No reason the setting can't have more than one genius.

When I say "tied to" I don't mean like their back stories or anything, I'm just wondering if he'll ever mention Tony Stark or if someone will talk about Tony Stark to him, or things like that.

He looks the least interesting out of the cast. I wonder what quirks they'll give him.

I seriously couldn't understand half of what this guy said. And I'm usually pretty good at understanding Scottish actors. But this guy had me at a loss.

Fitz and Simmons actually worked better than I had thought they would. They weren't annoying and awkward, as the out-of-context clips had suggested. Henstridge and de Caestecker are good actors and they did a bang-up job with their roles. One could actually believe that the two of them were longtime friends and colleagues. Aside from Coulson, Fizt and Simmons are the characters I'd most like to see more of.

I seriously couldn't understand half of what this guy said. And I'm usually pretty good at understanding Scottish actors. But this guy had me at a loss.

I'm Scottish, and liked his accent just fine, as it felt more like a normal metropolitan Scots accent than the exaggerated, Hollywoodised Highland Scots you usually get in American productions. And if you think that was hard to understand, it isn't even a particularly broad Glaswegian accent.

I have to say, this guy was really funny. I could understand him alright. He's like Q from James Bond, only nerdier and on a constant sugar rush.

I find his accent easy to understand. His accent isn't any stronger than Ewan McGregor's or Gerard Butlers.

I think the fact he talked fast and panicky at times coupled with some people not being used to foreign English speaking accents different from their own might of thrown people

Last edited:
I liked Fitz quite a bit, along with his partner in crime, Simmons. Their accents take some careful listening but the same could be said of some regional American accents. I think that it's great the Marvel hired actors from the UK and Scotland instead of having Americans fake accents. Actors, especially very young ones, tend to botch accents by either exaggerating or not being consistent. Fitz and Simmons add to the authenticity of the show by making SHIELD a truly international outfit.

I liked Fitz quite a bit, along with his partner in crime, Simmons. Their accents take some careful listening but the same could be said of some regional American accents. I think that it's great the Marvel hired actors from the UK and Scotland instead of having Americans fake accents. Actors, especially very young ones, tend to botch accents by either exaggerating or not being consistent. Fitz and Simmons add to the authenticity of the show by making SHIELD a truly international outfit.

Actors from the UK and Scotland?? Wouldn't that be the same place?....

Actors from the UK and Scotland?? Wouldn't that be the same place?....

I've had people on other forums correct me so often that I've taken to separating the two. IIRC, someone hereabouts did it, too. I know that it's one political entity but that never stopped anyone from telling me I was wrong. People get weirdly tetchy about these things, like Texans who bristle when people say Texas is part of the South.

He reminds me of Star Trek's Chekov for some reason.

Fitz wasnt nearly as bad as i though he would be. I quite liked him. Even more than ward and skye

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"