ICC Cricket World Cup 2007

Pirateking

Institutionalised
Reaction score
So England beat Bermuda...

England - 286 for 8 (50 overs)

Bermuda - 45 all out (22.2 overs)

You favourite to win the World Cup? And yes, even the USA have a cricket team in it!

www.skysports.com

Competition starts next week. Our second warm up match? Can't we play anybody but Australia this winter?

Australia are not the team they once were, they have alot of injuries and alot of key players have retired :). The team I like is the home team , they seem to be getting into the right form just before the cup , and home field is a huge advantahe, then the next team id pick to win is my country (nothing biased but we are ranked no1 in the ODI rankings, and have just recently humiliated both Pakistan and India) .

And that'd be South Africa?

Nice to see a SA v England final.

omg i just read that the proteas nearly lost to Ireland of all teams :(

SA could go all the way, England have a better chance this time than they did last time. Kevin Pieterson is a match winner that England IMO have not had for a while.

I know nothing about cricket, but I'm rooting for Sri Lanka...

My only worry for south africa is they have this natural ability to choke when it comes to big games and also the captain graham smith is out of form,and he shouldnt be opening the batting

players to watch during the tournament are
Ricky Ponting (aus )
Brian lara (windies )
jaques kallis (sa)
kevin pietersön (england )
sachin tendulker (india )

Hershell Gibbs broke broke the record by hitting six sixes in an over :)
Gibbs achieved the feat during a quickfire knock of 72 - off just 40 balls - in the Group A match in St Kitts.

The South African becomes only the third man ever to achieve the feat, and the first in the one-day or World Cup history.

Gibbs' landmark moment arrived in the 30th over of the Proteas' innings and took him from 32 to 68 in the space of just six balls.

There was a small consolation for van Bunge as he was the man who held on to a catch on the boundary to dismiss Gibbs a short time afterwards.

"It's up there with the best things I've done," Gibbs told Sky Sports. "I never thought about getting six in a row, but if it's your day, it's your day.

"After the first three I thought I was in with a chance, but I decided I wasn't going to charge him, I'd wait to see what he does and luckily they fell into the right slot."

The South Africans then set another record as wicket-keeper Mark Boucher recorded the fastest ever Wporld Cup 50 as he took just 21 balls to reach his half-century, eclipsing the previous mark of 23 set by Brian Lara.

Bangladesh beating India was a bit of a surprise but Ireland beating Pakistan has got to be some kind of joke!! :woot:

Bangladesh beating India was a bit of a surprise but Ireland beating Pakistan has got to be some kind of joke!! :woot:

I would say that is the biggest upset in the history of cricket.
Australia will win. South Africa will choke. But the Windies will be a good chance.

I would say that is the biggest upset in the history of cricket.
Australia will win. South Africa will choke. But the Windies will be a good chance.

no Kenya beating West indies at the 1999 (think it was that yr) world cup was the biggest upset (west indies were 33 all out if I can remember)

How in the nine levels of hell did I miss this thread? Go West Indies!

How in the nine levels of hell did I miss this thread? Go West Indies!

who cares you here now , I like west indies , Im predicting a west indies vs South Africa Semi

Sri Lanka have IMO the perfect team for the conditions

I really wish that South Africa took a spinner with them to the tour, I think this will come back to bite them.

Isnt a Spinner a MUST in these conditions?... that would be very stupid to not take one IMO

Isnt a Spinner a MUST in these conditions?... that would be very stupid to not take one IMO
yeah thats I was thinking, aparently they dont think so :dry:

problem is that for along time south africa has never produced a good spinner, I mean do you bring in an average spinner and leave out a decent seam bowler?.

Group A

TEAM M W D L Net R/R Points
South Africa 1 1 0 0 5.52 2
Australia 1 1 0 0 4.06 2
Scotland 1 0 0 1 -4.06 0
Netherlands 1 0 0 1 -5.52 0

Group B

Sri Lanka 1 1 0 0 4.86 2
Bangladesh 1 1 0 0 0.14 2
India 1 0 0 1 -0.14 0
Bermuda 1 0 0 1 -4.86 0

Group C

New Zealand 1 1 0 0 0.94 2
Kenya 1 1 0 0 0.70 2
Canada 1 0 0 1 -0.70 0
England 1 0 0 1 -0.94 0

Group D

Ireland 2 1 1 0 0.27 3
West Indies 1 1 0 0 1.08 2
Zimbabwe 1 0 1 0 0.00 1
Pakistan 2 0 0 2 -0.84 0

problem is that for along time south africa has never produced a good spinner, I mean do you bring in an average spinner and leave out a decent seam bowler?.

yeah, good point, but what the hell were they doing all this time without a spinner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"