ICC Cricket World Cup 2007

http://home.skysports.com/cwc/artic...+taken+to+hospital&channel=cricket_world_cup&

SKY SPORTS said:
Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has been taken to hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room.

Early reports on Sky Sports News state that Woolmer was found in his hotel room unconscious at 10.45am on Sunday morning.

Woolmer was staying in the Pegasus Hotel close to the Sabina Park ground where Pakistan were playing their group games.

After being found on the floor on his hotel room, with signs of vomiting, Woolmer was examined by doctors before being taken to University Hospital in Kingston.

It is not yet known what caused Woolmer to be admitted to hospital, or what his condition currently is, but the signs are certainly worrying for the Pakistan coach.

Woolmer, 58, had come in for intense criticism after Pakistan were dumped out of the World Cup following their shock defeat against Ireland.

The former England Test player's contract as Pakistan coach expires at the end of the tournament, and there were already major doubts about whether the former South Africa and Warwickshire coach would stay on with the PCB or not.

:(...damn

oh ..:up:... who is SA playing next?

.. did they win the last game comfortably?

yeah they played Neverland (tehe) on friday Gibbs broke the record for most consecutive sixes (hitting 6) and mark boucher broke the records for quickest 50 (21balls) they won comfortably by 221 runs. We play scotland next.

yeah they played Neverland (tehe) on friday Gibbs broke the record for most consecutive sixes (hitting 6) and mark boucher broke the records for quickest 50 (21balls) they won comfortably by 221 runs. We play scotland next.

SA should win that, i heard about the Gibbs thing, he's always been one of the best in the world. Is there another big team in SA's group?

SA should win that, i heard about the Gibbs thing, he's always been one of the best in the world. Is there another big team in SA's group?
nobody except for Australia. Gibbs and Kallis are my fav south african players

SA and Australia should make it through that group.

WOW!!!

http://home.skysports.com/cwc/artic...coach+Woolmer+dies&channel=cricket_world_cup&

The cricket World Cup has been rocked by the news that Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died in hospital after being found unconscious in his Jamaican hotel room.

Woolmer, 58, was found on the floor of his room at the Pegasus Hotel unconscious at 10.45am on Sunday morning.

The former England test player was last season at the press conference following Pakistan's shock World Cup exit at the hands of Ireland.

After being found in his hotel - just a short distance from the Sabina Park ground, Woolmer was taken to the emergency department of the University Hospital in Kingston.

Woolmer was discovered with signs of vomiting, but as yet no explanations for his collapse have been released.

"Robert Andrew Woolmer has passed away today and the entire Pakistan team and management are shocked and saddened by his passing," team spokesman Parvez Mir said reading a statement.

"His next of kin have been informed and we extend our deepest condolences to his family. The chairman of the PCB has also been informed.

"There will be a coroner's inquest and in keeping with Jamaican law an autopsy will take place into his death.

"Further information will be released by the PCB at the earliest opportunity once it has been received from the hospital."

Mir added: "Hotel staff found him about 1030. He had blood on him and there was vomit on the walls."

Mir also revealed that Woolmer suffered from a medical condition - but said it was too early to say whether it played a part in his death.

Hours after he was admitted to hospital, the sad news of Woolmer's death was released - a tragic development which overshadows Pakistan's World Cup demise.

Woolmer, who was born in India, played Test cricket for England and made a successful move into coaching with Warwickshire, South Africa and then Pakistan.

Woolmer has endured difficult recent times with Pakistan, including the infamous forfeited Test in England and the ensuing ball-tampering row.

The drugs scandal involving Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif overshadowed both the ICC Champions Trophy and the build-up to the World Cup.

One of the favourites to go on and lift the trophy, Pakistan then went out after just five days of the tournament after losing to Ireland.

One of the most well-respected coaches in the world, Woolmer had been strongly linked with taking over from Duncan Fletcher as England coach as his contract with the PCB expired after the World Cup
god damn!!! :eek:

in case ppl didnt know, it appears that Wilmer was murdered (strangled). Today is an excellent game Australia vs South Africa (no1 vs no2) , South Africa won the toss and made australia bat first.

thats good news, whats the latest?
You probably know by now that we won but just barely. :csad:

Only 50 odd runs between us and Canada, a country where 98% of people have probably never heard of cricket. :csad::csad::csad:

You probably know by now that we won but just barely. :csad:

Only 50 odd runs between us and Canada, a country where 98% of people have probably never heard of cricket. :csad::csad::csad:

s**t, England struggled against Canada? :eek:... India are out of the world cup now, they'll stay in if Banlgadesh lose to Bermuda ... lol.

EDIT:.. yeah, England played Kenya today, nevermind

s**t, England struggled against Canada? :eek:... India are out of the world cup now, they'll stay in if Banlgadesh lose to Bermuda ... lol.

these things always bring up surprises though, how many times have england had to measure up against canada in a season!
As for the woolmer controversy i get the feeling his legacy may not come of this squeaky clean

these things always bring up surprises though, how many times have england had to measure up against canada in a season!
As for the woolmer controversy i get the feeling his legacy may not come of this squeaky clean

yeah but most other teams who are gong up against smaller teams are setting records left, right and center while England hang on to win. Its a shame they way the team and gone downhill since The Ashes victory. I really thought they would have had an outside chance to win this but they are no where near the top three teams IMO, if they get a hard match in teh super 8, they just might go out... or they might win and then go on to win the World Cup

yeah but most other teams who are gong up against smaller teams are setting records left, right and center while England hang on to win. Its a shame they way the team and gone downhill since The Ashes victory. I really thought they would have had an outside chance to win this but they are no where near the top three teams IMO, if they get a hard match in teh super 8, they just might go out... or they might win and then go on to win the World Cup

i agree, it feels like we haven't got a stable team with the injuries this past year. I think it wasn't a good run up in the slightest. to be honest i think winning the tournament has taken somewhat of a back seat. I don't know how many teams will want their names associated with this years competition:csad:. It will be more recognised for the scandal than any particular victory

yeah, thats a shame, this world cup looks like it'll atleast have more than one team capable of winning it

man its going to be a high scoring game today 348/4 australia already have

Australia have posted the third highest World Cup total. It has rained sixes and boundaries at Warner Park. South Africa have chased an even bigger total against Australia... So this should be a classic run chase with loads of drama. The opening partnership is crucial for South Africa. Smith and de villiers will want to follow the Gilchrist/Hayden example.

so far its 167/1 (at the time of posting ) and south africa are chasing 377

SA 222-2, 32 overs chasing target of 378 against Australia

Looks like a very exciting match!!

England 99-2 17 overs chasing 178 (43 over match)

Should hold out for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"