Comics Idea to help organize this board a little better...

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
One of the things I always see the spoiler board here praised for is the use of threads dedicated to one character. So, I was thinking that maybe we should do something like that over here, just with only the ongoing X-related titles. If you're like me, you may find it a little frustrating at times to have several threads in the top part of the board essentially talking about the same thing. I think that something like this was done before, but most of those threads seem to have died off or been deleted. I want to try and resurrect those and put a bit more order into them. Here is what I am proposing. First, all the title threads would contain posts about the following:

~ Preview art
~ Cover previews
~ Info about upcoming storylines
~ Questions related to the title
~ News about the title
~ Discussions on all of the above
~ Discussions on an issue of the related title after it is released

HOWEVER, if there is some relatively big news concerning the title, like say a new creative team will be taking over or one of the current ones is being replaced, or maybe another major character is being added to the cast, then those can go in their own thread so they don't overtake any other conversations, but you can still post them within the main threads if you wish.

For my part, I will keep the main posts updated with info about what is happening currently in the title. Below is an example for what the Uncanny X-Men thread's main post would look like for once Brubaker and Tan take over:

Uncanny X-Men

Creative Team: Ed Brubaker(writer) & Billy Tan(artist)

UNCX475cvrcol.jpg

Team Members: Professor Xavier, Nightcrawler, Havok, Polaris, Marvel Girl, Warpath, and one more unnamed member

Then info about the story that lead to the current arc would go here.

I do know that some of the older threads, like the ones for Ultimate and New X-Men: Academy X are still going realitvely strong, so I won't go ahead and make new threads for that if people don't want to. So, when you vote in the poll above if you would like for me to go ahead and to this, please mention below if you want me to make one for all the titles, or just the following:

~ Astonishing X-Men
~ Uncanny X-Men
~ X-Men
~ X-Factor
~ Exiles
~ Wolverine/Wolverine: Origins
~ New Excalibur
~ Cable & Deadpool

And only if the majority says so:
~ New X-Men
~ Ultimate X-Men

Also, if you have any other ideas for this, please post them and I'll take them into consideration.

I think that would be awsome!!! It should be done. The fourum would look alot neater. :up: Go for it :D

I do think it's a good idea for consistancy. :)

Thanks! And it seems like you guys are in the majority so far...

Great idea, but theres nothing stoping new posters from going thread crazy like they usually do. And the major problem is that like 5 people have to post wrong thread or go to official thread plus the people who continue the conversation anyway. So, maybe if something like that happens, we should only have one poster post the "go to official thread" post and then ignore that thread entirely in order to keep it organized

I dont think theres enough traffic on this board for that to really work, but its a cool idea. :)

yes and for ALL MARVEL COMICS as well

Wonderful idea Spec. Do one for them all including New and Ultimate X-Men. :D

Maybe you should co-ordinate this with Lightning, Spec. Close the other threads or merge them or something. Some of these do have threads already. :)

I do not feel the need to do one for Ultimate or New, as they have been going strong for a long time. Making ones for the other titles, however, sounds good to me.

I think it's a good idea, however, I think that if there is something important it should be it's own thread for mabe a day, then get merged with the official thread so that people know it's there without having to search.

Awesome idea. That should centralize the discussion and avoid overlapping threads.

Good stuff, Specs.:up:

I say start from scratch on all of the threads Spec even the Ultimate one.

I'd say yes, but unless a new one can be merged with New and Ultimate, I'd keep those two as is. Topics of conversation are on-going in there and it would be sorta annoying to just lose that.

It doesn't really matter though.

Joaqenix said:
I'd say yes, but unless a new one can be merged with New and Ultimate, I'd keep those two as is. Topics of conversation are on-going in there and it would be sorta annoying to just lose that.

It doesn't really matter though.
I agree that if we have long standing threads that are already appropriately named, they should be left alone. But new ones can be made for the rest.

Great idea Specter!! I voted yes!! :up:

I like the idea. I voted against a similar idea in the X3 board, but I've come to realize how much I like the organization.

Just an FYI, I won't make these threads until this coming weekend, should the vote end up going that way, so to give time for everyone interested to come and see this and vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"