Comics Idea to help organize this board a little better...

Hmmm not a bad idea.
Personally i think this forum needs even more sticky threads, cos the same fundamental threads keep cropping up time and time again...

I said a while ago that we need the following sticky threads, as they pretty much encompass 3/4 of the threads over here.....

"Im new to X-Men, and cant be bothered to read any threads here, so which of the titles should I collect??"

"I also cant be botherd to look through the threads, so heres a question thats probably been answered 20 times already.."

"Omega mutants... who are they?? who knows?? who cares??"

"Is Gambit the third summers brother??"

"Generic Storm thread for people to make up ridiculous stories of why shes better than everyone else."

"create a new mutant/power/team/villain/something else... and a few people wil belittle it here. No one else will actually even read it"

"whos your favourits X-Man poll (because surely, if people answer who theyre favourites are, theyl be the same favourites no matter what title the new poll has)"

"random pointles thread that will inevitably fall in to a deep meaningful debate over race/religion/sexuality/etc"

"angry rant about something minor that noone else really cares about"

Awesome idea Spec, and yes Ultimate X-men deserves a thread! I'd post in it! :p

Ok, everyone, thanks for voting, and since the majority chose "Yes", I'll get started on making the threads very soon. Also, when going through the posts, on the issue of creating new ongoing threads for New X-Men and Ultimate X-Men, it just so happens that those who specifically mentioned whether or not to make threads for those, ended up in a tie. 3 for making new ones(Bill, Sean, Pwn3r), and three against it (Cassidy, Joaquinex, Squeek), so I'm not sure what exactly to do. If everyone who voted can go ahead and post again and give me your exact opinion on whether or not to make new threads for those two titles by the end of the weekend, and then I'll see what to do.

Specs, I'm not reading New or Ultimate, but I do believe people who are would appreciate separate threads for them. I say go for it, if you think it'll have a viable presence. They're certainly two of the popular titles and an ongoing discussion for them might bring in some members who are on the fence about either title.

Edit*

I change my mind, you should do all new ones with these two.

Ok, everyone, the new ones are done, let me know still if you want me to make ones for New and Ultimate. Ultimate seems to have fallen off the radar, so I may go ahead and make one for that, but New is still pretty strong, so that one seems to be the most involved to lose if I restart a new one.

Specter313 said:
Ok, everyone, the new ones are done, let me know still if you want me to make ones for New and Ultimate. Ultimate seems to have fallen off the radar, so I may go ahead and make one for that, but New is still pretty strong, so that one seems to be the most involved to lose if I restart a new one.
Cant you just rename the New X-Men one thats already there??
I do think that right at the top we should have a stickied "X-Men Q&A Thread"

I'd say make a new one for Ultimae X-Men because it is dead.

And that way everything will be neat and organized. Just my opinion though.

mightiest_mortal said:
Cant you just rename the New X-Men one thats already there??
I do think that right at the top we should have a stickied "X-Men Q&A Thread"

Well, I'm not a mod, nor am I the first poster in that thread, so I can't edit it around like I want to do with the ones that I just put up yesterday, so I really have no control over the current New X-Men thread.

But I think I'll go ahead and make a new Ultimate one.

I'm late with this but I like the idea of having Official threads for the various titles. :up:

Keep it simple:
- Sticky official threads for the X-books...
- Often asked questions, special issues, oneshots, charactre related stuff etc in normal threads.

Arguments:
1. The discussion about the X-books are always going on... there is no end to it until a title gets cancelled... so make 'em sticky so everybody can find them easily.
2. discussions about certain questions ("is Gambit the third summers?" for example) are popping up from time to time. But once everything is said the discussion is pretty much over. Those threads have a relativly short live. And dead sticky threads = not good. People can bump those up once new charactre development happens in one of the titles. Same works for crossovers... once they're over they're over, and then it's for the best if those pass away into oblivion.

Dark Beast said:
Keep it simple:
- Sticky official threads for the X-books...
- Often asked questions, special issues, oneshots, charactre related stuff etc in normal threads.

Arguments:
1. The discussion about the X-books are always going on... there is no end to it until a title gets cancelled... so make 'em sticky so everybody can find them easily.
2. discussions about certain questions ("is Gambit the third summers?" for example) are popping up from time to time. But once everything is said the discussion is pretty much over. Those threads have a relativly short live. And dead sticky threads = not good. People can bump those up once new charactre development happens in one of the titles. Same works for crossovers... once they're over they're over, and then it's for the best if those pass away into oblivion.

But see, then we'd have like, 10 stickies, and I don't know if the board can really handle that, and it would be a bit cluttered at the top. If we keep all the official threads in the first couple pages, then I think that they'll be fine.

Question about the threads I put up:

Is everyone seeing all the different fonts that I put all the different titles and names in? I looked at them on a different computer once, and they all looked the same, and not with the fonts I styled them in. Is is just me, or is everyone else seeing the different stuff? I hope you can all see the different fonts, because I took quite a bit of time to choose ones that looked suitable for each title.

Specter313 said:
But see, then we'd have like, 10 stickies, and I don't know if the board can really handle that, and it would be a bit cluttered at the top. If we keep all the official threads in the first couple pages, then I think that they'll be fine.

hmph... all but true.

Hi Im new here so bare with me if I'm lost lol But i think it be cool to do like a monthly resume of each comic that way ppl who weren't able to read the comic that month could be cought up. ???

phoenixforce4tc.gif

Since the last time this was up, it was deleted even though I feel it is a legit concern, here it is in the thread that started it all:

When I originally polled this board and its users about creating these new threads, it was done because the originals were dead and buried, or the titles didn't have threads for their titles, and to give the board some more organization. When I did this poll, the other Wolverine thread was under the "Dead and Buried" category, and was not brought back until AFTER I had made the new thread. There was no reason for that.

If Morgoth had not wanted me to make a new Wolverine thread, the he should have spoken up in the thread I used to poll the board before hand. If he had done so, I would have removed the Wolverine titles from the list of titles I would make threads for, but he didn't. And it's not like I didn't give him enough chances. I left the poll open for well over a week, but neither he, nor anyone else, mentioned wanting to leave that one out of the new threads, so the chance was missed. The thread was right there at the top of the board the entire time, but nothing was said, so he should have given up and let my thread go, because with the new rules set up as they were, his thread should have been closed and mine let alone to live, especially because this one was easily carrying its own weight and was keeping focused on discussing just the Wolverine titles, and was not the spam and arguement filled mess the other one was.

So, my thread never should have been merged with the other one, because doing so, that completely negates the entire reason I created these new threads to begin with. First of all, these threads were created to cause organization for this board. When that thread was merged into the other one, the title was not like the others, so people would not know to discuss Origins in there as well. Second of all, the whole purpose of the first posts in my threads was to keep the info updated for the title that the thread is about, so that if you wanted to know something about it, you could just look at the first post, and have your question answered and it would be easy access for newbies to be able to find what they want to know as well, and not have to clog up the thread or start new ones to ask a question. Merging that thread with the old one buries that post in the middle of the thread, and rends it virtually useless, since no one will take the time to go digging into the thread to find it.

Again, this never should have happened, because even the mods who visit this board the most knew what the deal was. Heck, even the one who merged the threads, Lightning, knew what the deal was because he was the one to sticky the original poll in the first place. And he knew the rules I made up from the start. And if he didn't like something either, he should have spoken up, but he didn't, so he practically sanctioned the whole thing. Now is not the time to back track yet again, and show even more of your personal bias against me. You knew the rules and you agreed with them, yet you still do this and go against them just because it's me.

And no one play the "But the other thread is older so it should get preference" argument, because it's worthless. It sure didn't stop LS from closing some of my other threads even though they were older when a new thread on the same subject came around. And it doesn’t stop him from closing a lot of older threads when they’re brought back up in the spoilers forum either. Like I said before, that old Wolverine thread was dead and buried. How many of you actually even remembered that the old thread even existed? Clearly just about no one because it hadn't been posted in for weeks. And that was the deal when the majority of you voted yes in the poll to make new threads for the ones that were dead and those new ones would be the official ones to use from now on. I don't care how old the thread was, it was dead when the poll came around, and by the rules that you all voted on, it should no longer be needed. So the new one was created with the rules we all agreed upon, but it gets shuffled away into the old one because a mod has a personal problem with me. So, there are two choices here. The first of the new threads can be un-merged with the other Wolverine thread and that old one can be closed and this new one can be deleted. Or I can create new one that can be left open, and the other one is kept closed. Those are the choices that go with what you all decided on, and should be enforced despite one mod's dislike of me.

I'll rename the New X-men thread to name it like the other ones in here Specter, and if you want to make a first post intro thing like you have in the other threads, I can edit it in.

I would do it, but if you did it it'd probably help keep things looking consistent.

Oh weird I edited the title and it changed it in the topic but on the main board it still looks the same...at least for me. Anyone how to fix it?

You're gonna have to contact a mod to change the title. And thanks, I'll see what I can come up with.

Specter313 said:
Since the last time this was up, it was deleted even though I feel it is a legit concern, here it is in the thread that started it all:

When I originally polled this board and its users about creating these new threads, it was done because the originals were dead and buried, or the titles didn't have threads for their titles, and to give the board some more organization. When I did this poll, the other Wolverine thread was under the "Dead and Buried" category, and was not brought back until AFTER I had made the new thread. There was no reason for that.

If Morgoth had not wanted me to make a new Wolverine thread, the he should have spoken up in the thread I used to poll the board before hand. If he had done so, I would have removed the Wolverine titles from the list of titles I would make threads for, but he didn't. And it's not like I didn't give him enough chances. I left the poll open for well over a week, but neither he, nor anyone else, mentioned wanting to leave that one out of the new threads, so the chance was missed. The thread was right there at the top of the board the entire time, but nothing was said, so he should have given up and let my thread go, because with the new rules set up as they were, his thread should have been closed and mine let alone to live, especially because this one was easily carrying its own weight and was keeping focused on discussing just the Wolverine titles, and was not the spam and arguement filled mess the other one was.

So, my thread never should have been merged with the other one, because doing so, that completely negates the entire reason I created these new threads to begin with. First of all, these threads were created to cause organization for this board. When that thread was merged into the other one, the title was not like the others, so people would not know to discuss Origins in there as well. Second of all, the whole purpose of the first posts in my threads was to keep the info updated for the title that the thread is about, so that if you wanted to know something about it, you could just look at the first post, and have your question answered and it would be easy access for newbies to be able to find what they want to know as well, and not have to clog up the thread or start new ones to ask a question. Merging that thread with the old one buries that post in the middle of the thread, and rends it virtually useless, since no one will take the time to go digging into the thread to find it.

Again, this never should have happened, because even the mods who visit this board the most knew what the deal was. Heck, even the one who merged the threads, Lightning, knew what the deal was because he was the one to sticky the original poll in the first place. And he knew the rules I made up from the start. And if he didn't like something either, he should have spoken up, but he didn't, so he practically sanctioned the whole thing. Now is not the time to back track yet again, and show even more of your personal bias against me. You knew the rules and you agreed with them, yet you still do this and go against them just because it's me.

And no one play the "But the other thread is older so it should get preference" argument, because it's worthless. It sure didn't stop LS from closing some of my other threads even though they were older when a new thread on the same subject came around. And it doesn’t stop him from closing a lot of older threads when they’re brought back up in the spoilers forum either. Like I said before, that old Wolverine thread was dead and buried. How many of you actually even remembered that the old thread even existed? Clearly just about no one because it hadn't been posted in for weeks. And that was the deal when the majority of you voted yes in the poll to make new threads for the ones that were dead and those new ones would be the official ones to use from now on. I don't care how old the thread was, it was dead when the poll came around, and by the rules that you all voted on, it should no longer be needed. So the new one was created with the rules we all agreed upon, but it gets shuffled away into the old one because a mod has a personal problem with me. So, there are two choices here. The first of the new threads can be un-merged with the other Wolverine thread and that old one can be closed and this new one can be deleted. Or I can create new one that can be left open, and the other one is kept closed. Those are the choices that go with what you all decided on, and should be enforced despite one mod's dislike of me.

Specter:

The overwrought campaigning from thread to thread crying about this percieved "slight" has really gotten old. As I stated in my PM to you (as well as in all the other places you've brought this issue up for) thread mergings are not done to "punish" users; they are performed to organize the boards.

It appears to be very important to you that others here "share your pain" over this issue, but you are seriously blowing this way out of proportion. You seem to be forgetting that it was I who stickied this very thread to garner support in the first place. That's hardly an indication of some silly "vendetta" against your concept. :rolleyes:

The threads will remain merged, Please meet me halfway here and let's move on by dropping the matter. Thanks.

Joaqenix said:
I'll rename the New X-men thread to name it like the other ones in here Specter, and if you want to make a first post intro thing like you have in the other threads, I can edit it in.

I would do it, but if you did it it'd probably help keep things looking consistent.

Here you go Joaquenix:

New X-Men

Craig Kyle and Chris Yost(writers) & Paco Medina(artist)

20nxmc0dl.jpg

Characters: Surge, Elixir, Dust, Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, X-23

Storyline Info: M-Day has shaken the students at the Xavier Institute to their cores, and many friends can no longer stay. But when major enemies from both the past and the future rear their heads, will the kids that remain even survive to see their possible futures as X-Men?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"