If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Rock carries that title with him on Jimmy Fallon, all Jimmy Fallon is going to do is gush over how cool looking the title is. Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Extra, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Collider.Com and all of the entertainment websites and shows will say the same thing when the Rock makes his mainstream appearances.

In news not related to the Rock:

- Colin Ferrell to appear on Jay Leno and Ellen DeGeneres next week to promote "Dead Man Down."
- Terrance Howard to appear on Jimmy Kimmel next week to do the same.

I know. Non-Rock news on this thread is a shocker.

How it may look on Punk:

fzSSIkM.jpg

When the Rock carries that title with him on Jimmy Fallon, all Jimmy Fallon is going to do is gush over how cool looking the title is. Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Extra, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Collider.Com and all of the entertainment websites and shows will say the same thing when the Rock makes his mainstream appearances.

Jimmy Fallon will gush over how cool it is.

Jay Leno will try to mount it on one of this cars.

David Letterman will ironically comment that it looks like something a showgirl would wear from Ceasar's Palace.

Conan O'Brien will try to lift it, and jokingly pretend it is too heavy and them make a self-deprecating quip about his pale skin, weak body and undersized genitalia.

David Letterman will ironically comment that it looks like something a showgirl would wear from Ceasar's Palace.

Conan O'Brien will try to lift it, and jokingly pretend it is too heavy and them make a self-deprecating quip about his pale skin, weak body and undersized genitalia.

And that's why I like Conan best. He makes fun of himself and also acknowledges when things go wrong on his show, usually by saying "that's not how it went in rehearsals."

I want Rock to bring it on The Colbert Report!

I want Rock to bring it on The Colbert Report!

I wonder how he would react to the WWE Title.

I don't see him appearing on all of the talk shows though when GI Joe Redemption comes out. He'll probably appear on Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon. He might appear on Letterman and Conan. I don't recall the Rock ever appearing on Conan since Conan made the move to Los Angeles during the period of time prior to Leno screwing him and during his current run on TBS.

The Rock hasn't appeared on Letterman in three years.

Doesn't want a belt that looks like a toy....introduces new belt with custom made logos.

Rock Logic.

As crappy as the belt is it's still a shame he got to say those words, it would have been a real points scorer for a guy like Sheamus or Ziggler who need that boost.

The simple fact is that the new belt is geared towards marketing, advertisement and brand name recognition. It's probably one if the reasons why the Spinner stuck around for so long.

The think is I don't see how this is marketable to a kid audience as the thing costs $450, I can't imagine any self respecting adult buying it unless they are someone who has a collection of replica belts and is a completist.

This so accurate. :funny:

Dude looking straight down at Kaitlyn's ass, lol.

To me, it evokes a Championship ring.

I actually never thought of that, but now that someone has...it kinda gives the belt some sense to why it has that shield-liked shape. Still iffy on the belt, but anything's better than the spinner.

And I was right when I told some of you guys not to jump the gun and get pissed at Cena for debuting the crappy new belt. Anno Domini was SO f***ing sure it would be Cena that he b***ed and moaned to high heaven. :doh: They actually had Rock bring it out months before most people expected.

How immature, and yet predictable, that you mention my name when I wasn't the first nor the last to say anything about how awful it would be if Cena revealed his second WWE title reveal. And let's all just look past at me saying I wouldn't like it if Rock revealed the title either :whatever:

The title does have a bit of a Championship ring look.

The side plates with the red globe and smaller WW logo should have been the center piece, and the WW logo on a black background should be the sides. Would be much nicer IMO. And get rid of the bling from it. Can someone manip that? Punk really should have been the one to unveil a new title as when he first beat Cena the first thing he said he was going to do was change the belt. All things considered I'm glad we finally have a new belt.

Originally Posted by Lobo
The side plates with the red globe and smaller WW logo should have been the center piece, and the WW logo on a black background should be the sides. Would be much nicer IMO. And get rid of the bling from it. Can someone manip that? Punk really should have been the one to unveil a new title as when he first beat Cena the first thing he said he was going to do was change the belt. All things considered I'm glad we finally have a new belt.

I'd rather a full time guy like Punk or Sheamus got to debut the new belt. Like Hunter said that would have been a big rub and could have been a bign sign for the start of a new era.

Instead we got a guy from a past era debuting a belt thats looks like the illegitimate offspring of the spinner. "hey its a new belt that doesn't look like a toy!"

"B-but...it looks just like its poppa belt, Rocky? What the F you talkin bout?"

How immature, and yet predictable, that you mention my name when I wasn't the first nor the last to say anything about how awful it would be if Cena revealed his second WWE title reveal. And let's all just look past at me saying I wouldn't like it if Rock revealed the title either :whatever:

How the hell am I being immature when you were the guy saying Cena would unveil the new belt...and were dead wrong? You were the guy leading the charge and you were the first to say how it was absolutly for sure that Cena would be the one debuting the new belt? You were the guy saying he shouldn't be the one to debut two new belts while being the face of the company and saying how awful he was and unfair it is that he do it. He didn't.

You didn't wait and instead just assumed with jack sh** for proof.

I was the guy saying it was wrong to condemn the guy without proof and said why don't you and others wait before doing so. I'm being immature? I was the fair one on this issue. Instead what I said got blown off. Now you think everyones just going to forget how you were so unfair to someone and get off the hook? You were wrong and instead of admitting it and giving Cena a break for once you cop an attitude and call someone else immature. Not only did you not have the proof but that bull you kept preaching didn't even happen. Rock brought out the new belt.

God forbid you say you were actually wrong about Cena for once. All you did was prove the kind of bias I always talk about when it comes to Cena and his haters. It didn't even pan out the way you were SO sure it would and instead of just admitting it you try to get defensive. Thats not being immature thats showing proof that maybe I know what I'm talking about every once in a while.

Last edited:
How the hell am I being immature when you were the guy saying Cena would unveil the new belt...and were dead wrong? You were the guy leading the charge and you were the first to say how it was absolutly for sure that Cena would be the one debuting the new belt? You were the guy saying he shouldn't be the one to debut two new belts while being the face of the company. He didn't.

You didn't wait and instead just assumed with jack sh** for proof.

I was the guy saying it was wrong to condemn the guy without proof and said why don't you and others wait before doing so. I'm being immature? I was the fair one on this issue. You were wrong and instead of admitting it and giving Cena a break for once you cop an attitude and call someone else immature. Not only did you not have the proof but that bull you kept preaching didn't even happen. Rock brought out the new belt.

God forbid you say you were actually wrong about Cena for once. Al you did was prove the kind of bias I always talk about when it comes to Cena. It didn't even pan out the way you were SO sure it would and instead of just admitting it you try to get defensive.

Lol, ahh yes, Metallo's reply.

I've said what I wanted to say, and you obviously replied, but I won't go further into it. Just stating my quick two cents on the subject.

think it looks good on him.... bizarrely as I mentioned before though the spinner suited him better than anything, which is just strange!

Yes I actually think he did a lot for it too. That guy wore that belt with pride and made it actually look good.

I'd rather a full time guy like Punk or Sheamus got to debut the new belt. Like Hunter said that would have been a big rub and could have been a bign sign for the start of a new era.

Instead we got a guy from a past era debuting a belt thats looks like the illegitimate offspring of the spinner. "hey its a new belt that doesn't look like a toy!"

"B-but...it looks just like its poppa belt, Rocky? What the F you talkin bout?"

i'd have liked for it to have been Sheamus as well. I'm probably his biggest fan in this thread. They will debut a new custom belt for him that is a giant cloverleaf! lol :(

The belt does look like son of spinner but my two biggest gripes are the "diamonds" on the WW logo (I could live with the rest of the bling) and that the black background just makes it look incomplete. IMO

I'm designign my own. Will post it tonight

In Mexican Soccer Angel Reyna celebrates with a Hurricanrana

[YT]lCzvKwU8hfg[/YT]

That random Hurricanrana was hilarious.

What I mean is now the WWE Title is a proper belt again. I hated that Spinner. And like the Big Gold Belt the new WWE Championship does have a "timeless" feel to it. We're never going to have another Winged Eagle, so this is as good as it gets for this era.

Well I don't think it's much of an improvement , but I'm glad we're not stuck with the spinner belt forever.

Unless....

What if Cena wins the title at Wrestlemania and brings back his spinner belt :wow:

This thing looks like some sh** a rapper would wear around his wrist or on a chain around his neck. Not a dignified world title belt

I read on fb someone saying it looked like a belt buckle. I guess it's just going to be another eye sore for the next few years.

Made a little edit of the new belt on my lunch.
Added a globe to try and improve the background.

GwbElKE.png

I saw that on imgur. Had no idea you made it. Good effort man :up:

I think they should open up discussion for a new logo or brainstorm if they haven't yet.

They need to. I honestly miss the old WWF logo. They should just bring back the old logo and removed the f. As it was shown on the previous page.

The thing is, I don't see how this is marketable to a kid audience as the thing costs $450, I can't imagine any self respecting adult buying it unless they are someone who has a collection of replica belts and is a completest.

I feel bad for the kid who really wants to own one of these things. I thought it might be cool to own a belt , but if we're talking five hundred dollars it better be one that was actually used.

reminds me of this :

funny-wwe-belt-dad-son-cyanide-and-happiness-comic.jpg

Last edited:
i'd have liked for it to have been Sheamus as well. I'm probably his biggest fan in this thread. They will debut a new custom belt for him that is a giant cloverleaf! lol :(

The belt does look like son of spinner but my two biggest gripes are the "diamonds" on the WW logo (I could live with the rest of the bling) and that the black background just makes it look incomplete. IMO

I'm designign my own. Will post it tonight

Yours will probably look better than WWE's. I like the side plates and the strap on the new belt. Its the main plate that just kills it for me. And I hate the lack of backing behind the WWE logo. So guady and not at all fresh enough after nearly a decade of being tired of the spinner belt. What we have now is just bling belt junoir.

Lol, ahh yes, Metallo's reply.

I've said what I wanted to say, and you obviously replied, but I won't go further into it. Just stating my quick two cents on the subject.

Funny...I didn't see you saying you were wrong anywhere in there. But I didn't ask you to reply in the first place. That was your choice. You just had to cover your a** after someone pointed out what you did and how you ended up royally blowing the call.

Ah yes...your usual snarky bullsh** attitude. Yeah I'm going to defend myself after doing the right thing when a guy who did what you did dares call someone else immature. My two cents were about being fair. I can see why you won't go any further on that subject after basically saying Cena was guilty before the facts where in. Its obvious. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"