The Amazing Spider-Man If Venom is used again, this is how he should look!

Seriously. Where did that blue coloring come from anyways? Was it an 80s thing?

They did that with a lot of characters. Look at Batman in his first appearance. His costume started hout mostly black and gray. They gradually the highlights started taking over. The blue in Spider-man's costum was mostly black whe Steve Ditko drew it. It seemed like eventually some artist got tired of filling in black.

Like others have said, I think that it'd be best to introduce Eddie Brock's character at least ONE FILM before the film where he becomes Venom. In regards to Saimi's trilogy, honestly, instead of having focused on the whole love triangle/dumb romantic drama with MJ in the Second Film, that would have been a GREAT time to bring in Eddie's character to add more emphasis on how Peter's life was somewhat in the Gutter at the moment since Brock would be scoring more pictures and gaining more recognition at the time. Heck, I would go as far to say that the Black Suit could have been introduced in Spiderman 2 as well if they could have made it work and end the film with him wearing the black suit with hints on how it's slowly turning him for the worse so that you'll have more than enough time to show on how it's turned Peter into a bad person in the third film..and the time that it would take for him to separate himself from it and still give enough time for Brock to be Venom for more longer than the duration of the climax alone.

They definitely tried to do too much in the third film. It would have been wicked if they introduced the black suit in the second movie and gave Venom more time in the third. Hopefully Venom will be in a film again...and hopefully they will develop him more.It would be good to see him more like he was in the comics.

They definitely tried to do too much in the third film. It would have been wicked if they introduced the black suit in the second movie and gave Venom more time in the third. Hopefully Venom will be in a film again...and hopefully they will develop him more.It would be good to see him more like he was in the comics.

Eh, I think SM2 was perfect as is.

But yeah, I'm sure Venom will get a proper treatment one day.

Eddie's character has to seriously be fleshed out before he becomes Venom. They really have to make you believe in Brock's hatred for Peter and why he wants him dead. Otherwise Venom become nothing more but a hollow villain with cool looks.

You hit the nail on the head here. The ONLY way to develop Venom is with a backstory that encompasses years, not a single event. The 616 character's greatness came from the fact that he was different from all other villians before him in that he didn't want wealth, power, or to inflict widespread pain. He wanted to eradicate the demon which, in his mind, had loomed over the life of Eddie Brock.

That kind of story can't be told with a juvenile plot about a fake photo or with silly one-liners like, "I like being bad". This time, they need to get into Eddie's head before he becomes the brain-eater.

You hit the nail on the head here. The ONLY way to develop Venom is with a backstory that encompasses years, not a single event. The 616 character's greatness came from the fact that he was different from all other villians before him in that he didn't want wealth, power, or to inflict widespread pain. He wanted to eradicate the demon which, in his mind, had loomed over the life of Eddie Brock.

That kind of story can't be told with a juvenile plot about a fake photo or with silly one-liners like, "I like being bad". This time, they need to get into Eddie's head before he becomes the brain-eater.

Agreed!

Well said. If this reboot wants to eventually have Venom as a villain, then they should start developing Eddie Brock. Wouldn't want to have the same problem like SM3 had.

No, THIS is what Venom should look like:

33fg7j9.jpg
:woot: ;)

:spidey::up:

I don't think it should be years. But they should definitely set-up Eddie's character in the movie before Venom appears.

I don't think it should be years. But they should definitely set-up Eddie's character in the movie before Venom appears.

The Black Suit saga has to be spread over 2 films. The black suit peter story and Eddie's backstory and character development explored in one film and then Venom vs Spidey in the next.

The Black Suit saga has to be spread over 2 films. The black suit peter story and Eddie's backstory and character development explored in one film and then Venom vs Spidey in the next.

Completely agreed!

Or, and better yet.....just develop Eddie through a series of films so we'd have a fully fleshed-out Eddie Brock and then you can take care of the entire symbiote story in one film.

I never believed a Spider-Man 4 could've been true justice with just Venom v Spidey, because I think it could only fill one act of Eddie going after Peter's loved ones and then those two finally having at it with eachother.

his head looks really low for some reason but those eyes and the symbol look real nice.

I liked the look of Venom in SM3, minus the dinosaur scream and Topher Grace. Otherwise, I kinda liked the look of him in SM3. I thought it was cool that he was pretty much Spider-Man except a little stronger/bigger. But original 'huge' Venom is the best, I hope they go with him, if they do Venom again.

However, if Venom is used in future films, it must be a two movie experience. Movie 1: Spidey gets the black suit, gets rid of it, Brock finds it, becomes Venom, FIN! Movie 2: Venom is the villain, the only villain, and actually use his abilites (ie strength, craziness, and knowledge of Peter's past with the suit). Venom is a two movie experience. Seeing him shoved in the final 20-30 minutes of SM3 was absolutely sickening.

Gross. Venom solo movie sounds bleh to me.

The only reason why I'd want to see Venom again is because I want to see Andrew Garfield's take on Peter Parker when he's affected by the black suit.

Venom shouldn't get a solo movie until after he fights Spidey. Once we get a Spodey movie featuring Venom, we can venture into his solo stuff.

Kinda related to this thread, but the so-called Venom spinoff might get revived in the ASM movieverse.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03...e-director-josh-trank-in-the-frame-to-direct/

Venom shouldn't get a solo movie until after he fights Spidey. Once we get a Spodey movie featuring Venom, we can venture into his solo stuff.
NO, NO and NO!:oldrazz:

Venom should be in the ASM movies or he shouldn't be at all. No damn spin-offs, Venom without Spider-Man simply doesn't work in the movies (unless you want another cheap@$$ straight-to-Dvd film!). But these movie companies today are like mass productions, they would make a movie of/with/about ANYTHING as long as they can make money and spin-offs are among the worst ideas ever! Instead of having spin-offs of each damn villain/side-kick or whatever, how about focusing to develop them properly in the main character's movie? FFS!~

Wouldn't it be funny or so darn ironical if they ended up actually making this Venom movie and it was filmed by...Raimi. :yay:

Wouldn't it be funny or so darn ironical if they ended up actually making this Venom movie and it was filmed by...Raimi. :yay:

LOL. Don't get fanboys undies in a twist!

Supposing they did introduce Norman Osborn in the sequel I hope he becomes the Green Goblin the the third movie and they introduce Eddie Brock in the third movie, making him become Venom in the fourth film. Considering they only make four movies it would feel awfully similar to the Raimi series, having Venom be the last villain but perhaps they could have him become Venom quite early on because they would have already introduced Eddie as a character so they could jump straight into him being Venom then also introduce Carnage later on. Maybe Venom could be bad then turn good and together, with Spidey have to stop Carnage in the final fight scene.

Just an idea.

Last edited:
As previously if they're gonna bring Venom in, then it should take at least two movies. Don't cram it all into just one film. Peter first has to get the black suit, then see what it's capable off. Then they also have to introduce and establish Brock and have a rivalry between him and Peter. Then Peter has got to a turn for the worse and realize that the symbiote is evil and then has to get rid of the symbiote, and the symbiote must bond with Eddie.

And there also needs to be a supervillain for him to fight while wearing the black suit unless people want to go 3/4 without some viable threat for Spider-man to fight. They could make the last battle really morally ambiguous to the point where a black suit Spider-Man almost kills the main villain and maybe we see a flash of Venom appear (his face mutates into Venom's or something) and then he realizes what he's done and swings away while the police come in and arrest a messed up villain. And he ends up at a church for some reason and disposes of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"