The Amazing Spider-Man If Venom is used again, this is how he should look!

The Black Suit saga has to be spread over 2 films. The black suit peter story and Eddie's backstory and character development explored in one film and then Venom vs Spidey in the next.
that was the original plan until Sony and Avi Arad effed up Raimi's plans and creative control

Spideyfan's idea is perfect. Maybe they can give Eddie a cameo before that too.

that was the original plan until Sony and Avi Arad effed up Raimi's plans and creative control

I know. They wanted to have it all in one film but even then it could have been great, had they stuck to the original script and not cut out so much material that was great and made the story so much better.

We_Are_Venom_by_343GuiltySpark.jpg

Now this is the monster of Venom I wanna see on-screen. There was very little justice done to Venom in SM3, and I hope if they use him again in this franchise, he'll live up to the nemesis his comic book counterpart really is. Now I know there's very little chance of this, but wouldn't it be great to see this spawn on-screen:

Carnage_h510.jpg

Now this is the monster of Venom I wanna see on-screen. There was very little justice done to Venom in SM3, and I hope if they use him again in this franchise, he'll live up to the nemesis his comic book counterpart really is. Now I know there's very little chance of this, but wouldn't it be great to see this spawn on-screen:

Venom was the only villain to get a proper treatment by Raimi. Raimi blatantly ripped off almost every scene of Venom's origin in the cartoon. Even stole lines from the cartoon. Venom wasn't made a weapon contractor in a power-ranger suit. He wasn't controlled by talking arms in a trench coat. He wasn't trying to save his sick daughter.

Like the cartoon and comics before it, Venom was a weasel of an opportunist, who screwed up his own life, but blamed someone else. Venom's rage and madness only really last one battle, honestly. I don't see it being something realistically lasting a long time... It's one thing if Spider-Man killed his wife, or baby, etc... but he lost a job because he's an idiot? Sorry, but that's not enough to push someone into crazy-ville. Yeah, I know, they TRIED to make Venom have more issues to "prove" his case, but it only made him seem weaker and more pathetic. Sum it up, Venom as a character is a turd that has an awesome look, but is written like a 4 year old came up with the story.

The original idea was much better... Venom (the parasite) would jump from citizen to Super-villain, back to citizen to attack Spider-Man at all sorts of crazy moments... and Spidey would be none-the-wiser when it happens, and each time, Venom would have different abilities, since the suit augments it's host. Brock was good for the first host, and had his arc, but I'm sick of him. I'm sick of Gargan and I'm sick of Flash. I want the symbiote loose on the world. I LOVED Ultimate SM cartoon having Harry as Venom. It's different and Harry has more reason to be Venom than ANYONE in the SM universe.

I kinda hope they do venom in this franchise I think Rami spidermans downfall was how venom and symbonite(sorry for wrong spelling) that brought evil and anger was theme of the third movie in my opinion but was only shadowed to the sympathy and revenge of the sandman..and Harry .. I think Rami would of worked better with venom and Harry but for this film franchise I feel.. The symbonite idea and how it brings greed and evil should be revisted but have it rolve around venom and carnage

Sorry If words are replaced with something wacky I'm posting off my iPhone

Because I was so severely disappointed with the way Venom was used in Spider-man 3, I hope they do the character justice in this series of movies.

I was just noting to myself the way Doctor Octopus was interacting with his mechanical arms in Raimi's Spider-man 2 was exactly how Eddie would interact with his symbiote costume.

They hinted at the symbiote it the asm game, in Oscorp experimenting with "black goo" from one of their fallen satellite... But this may mean it won't be in this film universe if Sony gave them the ok to take liberties with characters that wouldn't create issues with the films canon. I personally think this film series should stay away from symbiotes altogether. I'd would like to see spideys other villains get the chance at the big screen, ones that we have not seen on film yet.

IMO, Venom could be a little too much like Lizard in this series.

IMO, Venom could be a little too much like Lizard in this series.

To be fair, Lizard is a lot like Doc Ock in this film.

Brilliant scientist wants to help the world, a freak accident turns him into a monster, the accident affects his moral compass and steers him on a villainous path, even though he thinks he's helping humanity through his choices.

However, I personally don't want Venom in this series. They're already re-using GG, and there's plenty of other notable Spidey villains who haven't gotten a chance to shine....Electro, Mysterio, Kraven...they should be given a chance.

I know the ORIGINAL plan was Sandman and Vulture, but....I didn't think Sony had any force into not making two films. With the idea of Sandman and Venom, I thought Raimi and the other writers thought of splitting it into two films but couldn't find a good point for a cliffhanger to split the two.

This is how Venom should look like in the new film franchise

800px-Auto_Racing_White.svg.png

[blackout]It fully displays, trust me[/blackout]

I'd love to post an image of someone flipping the birdy to you because you're being an a$$hole right now but I'd get myself banned. Venom is the best Spidey villain ever and don't you dare say otherwise because I don't give a crap what you think about him. I can just as easily iggy you. With great writing Venom would kick all sorts of ass as a villain.

I'd love to post an image of someone flipping the birdy to you because you're being an a$$hole right now but I'd get myself banned. Venom is the best Spidey villain ever and don't you dare say otherwise because I don't give a crap what you think about him. I can just as easily iggy you. With great writing Venom would kick all sorts of ass as a villain.

I would tend do agree, HOWEVER...there are some villains better than Venom that can go head-to-head against Spidey. Venom isn't the BEST villain for Spider-Man.

I would tend do agree, HOWEVER...there are some villains better than Venom that can go head-to-head against Spidey. Venom isn't the BEST villain for Spider-Man.

If I were to come up with plot ideas I'd have Venom start out as a villain until midway through the movie when Peter stops him leading to his imprisonment then become the Lethal Protector and uneasingly team up with Spider-man to stop Carnage. I would have Peter resolve not to kill Kletus Cassidy in the final battle, wanting him to be incarcerated but Venom actually doing the deed. It would be an interesting examination of what Peter won't do as a masked vigilante and what Eddie and the Symbiote will.

Besides, this "stylish" outfit Eddie wears to challenge Peter to a one on one fight has got to be adapted into a live action movie:
EddiesFashionSense.jpg

Last edited:
If you have Venom going to prison midway...how long would you have the symbiote on Spidey in the film?

Edit: Holy **** look at those eyebrows.

If you have Venom going to prison midway...how long would you have the symbiote on Spidey?

I'm not even thinking of that plot arc being relevant to a Venom/Carnage centered movie. That obviously would be a plot arc to use in a Venom free movie of course. I had stated this about Venom in Spidey 3 and how it was a mistake to give us Venom so soon. They should have left Venom to a fourth movie and just introduced him at the end of Spidey 3. Of course my idea could also better fit a Venom spin off movie though with Spidey making a cameo appearance.

Edit: Holy **** look at those eyebrows.

Upon closer examination of many of Todd McFarlane's work on Spider-man, I have noticed that he likes to give the male characters big eyebrows.

If they redid Venom...which I do not want them to do...I would rather one movie deal with Peter and the symbiote and it have the cliff hanger of Eddie getting it and becoming Venom. Then, the next movie can be about Venom. I want to see Peter get the symbiote suit about midway through the film and the rest of the movie can be how he deals with it. No Carnage EVER. To want to see Carnage before the Scorpion or Electro is mind baffling to me.

Both of you seem to have the same generalization on what you guys would do, but...here's what I've been asking myself...can Venom really hold up his own movie? I feel the only way Venom could be used if Carnage is used as well as I don't think Venom could hold up one film on his own.

If they redid Venom...which I do not want them to do...I would rather one movie deal with Peter and the symbiote and it have the cliff hanger of Eddie getting it and becoming Venom. Then, the next movie can be about Venom. I want to see Peter get the symbiote suit about midway through the film and the rest of the movie can be how he deals with it. No Carnage EVER. To want to see Carnage before the Scorpion or Electro is mind baffling to me.

Come on...you know you'd want to see Carnage, well its human host anyway, (I have nothing against the symbiote Carnage but hate the unoriginality of Kletus Cassidy being Marvel's answer to the Joker right down to his physical appearance.) die in a live action movie if only to give you something to cheer about because of how much you hate him.

I think another villain could team up with Venom...it's what he does. Do I think he could hold his own movie without the symbiote/black suit drama? No. Why? Because it would be the same thing for 2 and a half hours...Eddie Brock facking with Peter Parker until Peter figures out that Eddie is Venom in the third act. Two acts of Eddie messing with Peter and causing havok to draw out Peter as Spidey would be lame sauce.

But...it's just too much to do the black suit drama and Venom in one movie. There would have to be another villain there anyways to showcase Peter's new strengths and deal with the repercussions of the black suit. Venom wouldn't technically show up until the end of the second act at the earliest. So, a villain would have to fill the void of the first act and most of the second.

Scorsese would approve.

martin-scorsese-1-sized.jpg

Come on...you know you'd want to see Carnage, well its human host anyway, (I have nothing against the symbiote Carnage but hate the unoriginality of Kletus Cassidy being Marvel's answer to the Joker right down to his physical appearance.) die in a live action movie if only to give you something to cheer about because of how much you hate him.

Cassidy being shown as a serial killer that Spidey needs to take out as an easter eggs for fans would be fine. Seeing Carnage would be excellent, but it's not really as needed as much as a well defined Venom.

I think another villain could team up with Venom...it's what he does. Do I think he could hold his own movie without the symbiote/black suit drama? No. Why? Because it would be the same thing for 2 and a half hours...Eddie Brock facking with Peter Parker until Peter figures out that Eddie is Venom in the third act. Two acts of Eddie messing with Peter and causing havok to draw out Peter as Spidey would be lame sauce.

I definitely think another villain should be used, but not really a villain that will team up with Venom. We've seen that and I didn't really enjoy it. I'd rather have a villain that Spidey has to take on while in the symbiote and once Peter gets rid of it, then we get Venom. I mean, spreading it out over two films may be great and all, but Venon may not hold a movie like GG or Ock. Or, if we get a cliffhanger to where Venom is born, keep that other villain around that the black-suited Spidey had to deal with.

Edit: Yah, you kinda said the same thing anyways.

Both of you seem to have the same generalization on what you guys would do, but...here's what I've been asking myself...can Venom really hold up his own movie? I feel the only way Venom could be used if Carnage is used as well as I don't think Venom could hold up one film on his own.

With characters connected to someone as iconic as Spider-man I don't think that a consistent spin off series could be maintained, maybe just a one off movie to delve into Eddie's back story, mostly concerning his daddy issues with his father Carl Brock, whom never loved Eddie as much as he loved his wife who died while giving birth to Eddie. That incident caused Carl Brock to shun Eddie completely, never acknowledging Eddie's achievements. I think too many Venom critics really have no clue about the character itself and just lobby broad hatred against the character being one dimensional without really looking to see that the human host does have a backstory worth exploring dramatically. Eddie's daddy issues are just as explorable as Loki's in the Thor movies, maybe more so considering what a jerk Carl Brock is. Even Peter was taken aback by Carl's cold personality and that could be used as a way for Peter to relate to Eddie's woes and how he contributed to them. Plus Eddie's fight with a cancerous tumor in his brain with the symbiote being the only thing keeping him alive is drama worthy. Just because you hate a character doesn't mean he/she is not worthy of being represented with respect in a movie. I hate Black Cat with a passion as I am a big Catwoman fan, but with the right writer(s) maybe she could turn out to be a decent character and not about the boobies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"