I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

Personally, I'd love a time jump. I'd love to see Pattinson's Batman at different stages of his career and the changes that come with it.

Plus, I want to see the Batmobile on the roads again. Which can't happen if Gotham is flooded.

I imagine the Batcave is flooded, no?

But do I think Reeves will time-jump? 99% sure he won't.

The Penguin show will be about his grabbing for power in the wake of Falcone's death. I doubt Reeves wants the show taking place that disconnected in time from the second film.

Plus, I think Reeves values the story angle of a flooded, even more down on its luck Gotham. I don't know what he'll do with that - but we'll see.

And I think he's very interested in the journey Bruce is currently on emotionally and a time jump means skipping all that and just seeing the result.

I think a flooded Gotham introduces an opportunity for a boat vehicle.

Penguin will have to get around, too...

latest

It wouldn't blow my mind if there are big time jumps ala The Godfather or Reeves own Apes trilogy but I expect Gotham being in a ****ed up, post-Katrina New Orleans esque state is going to be a huge part of the story going forward.

Plus, I want to see the Batmobile on the roads again. Which can't happen if Gotham is flooded.

I imagine the Batcave is flooded, no?

While the Art Of book states differently, they used this map in the Gotham News background, so;

3C56440F-F8FA-444C-902A-A0A6D73E5078.jpeg

…the way I see it, if you look at the footage of flooded Gotham during the final montage… I’m guessing the upper northern island is mostly, if not all, flooded.

To me, Robbinsville/Cale Carmine is the “docks” where The Iceberg Lounge is. Plus, it would coincide with the view Riddler had looking east towards the 7-9 bombs.

Guessing from their use of Chicago within this larger map, that the Wayne Tower was south of Robinson Park near Old Gotham or Upper West Side.

Having Crime Alley flood makes sense too, on the fact that that island has the rougher side of Gotham, sadly.

I know that they tweaked some of the neighborhoods while keeping their names… should study all of the times the map is shown during the news segments.

And, tweak this existing map.

Plus, this would make sense with the establishing shots after the intro;

upload_2023-2-6_20-52-14.jpeg

I’ve always been of two minds if I like Wayne Manor towards the west in the mainland… or to the north on the mainland.

Bruce Wayne's 'The Batman' Project | Timeline

Year 1

October '20 - October '21

Year 2
October '21 - October '22

Year 3
October '22 - October '23
The Batman | October 31st - November 5th
The Penguin | November xx - (Spring'23)
Year 4
October '23 - October '24
GCPD/Arkham | (Fall '23) - (Spring '24)
*placeholder tv show | (Fall '24) - (Spring '25)
Year 5
October '24 - October '25
The Batman - Part II | (Winter '25)
....it'd be fun that we see his journey spread out over a few years.

Nolan's Batman technically only had 3ish years in the field as Batman, oddly.

Re-thought this… what if he started his project in May of ‘21, homage to Detective 27.

While of course, his parents are murdered in early November of 2002.

Joker ran havoc in the fall of 2021. And, this he’s still writing in journal - Year 2… that means October ‘22 is during year two and not “after two full years” / makes more sense.

Year 1

May '21 - May '22
[Joker Murders] | (Fall ‘21)​
Year 2
May '22 - May '23
The Batman | October 31st - November 5th
The Penguin | November xx - (Spring'23)
Year 3
May '23 - May '24
GCPD/Arkham | (Fall '23) - (Spring '24)
Year 4
May '24 - May '25
*placeholder tv show | (Fall '24) - (Spring '25)
Year 5
May '25 - May '26
The Batman - Part II | (Fall '25)

I’m starting to believe that some people don’t know that much about actual floods. My city in some parts was 15ft-30ft under water and it was mostly gone in about a week.

I can understand if some areas in Gotham has drainage issues, but that’s about it. You can also clearly see at the end of The Batman that most of the flooding is gone. So, I don’t think we will have an underwater Gotham. TB2 may end up taking place 3 months after the flood. A small time jump will definitely be needed to explain new upgrades for Batman and so on.

I’m starting to believe that some people don’t know that much about actual floods. My city in some parts was 15ft-30ft under water and it was mostly gone in about a week.

I can understand if some areas in Gotham has drainage issues, but that’s about it. You can also clearly see at the end of The Batman that most of the flooding is gone. So, I don’t think we will have an underwater Gotham. TB2 may end up taking place 3 months after the flood. A small time jump will definitely be needed to explain new upgrades for Batman and so on.
I honestly think that the flood itself will be resolved by the pilot of the Penguin. It's kinda hard to have a thrilling mob war break out if all the roads are underwater.

I honestly think that the flood itself will be resolved by the pilot of the Penguin. It's kinda hard to have a thrilling mob war break out if all the roads are underwater.
We'll they'll be leveling for the rest of Gotham...

Oz clearly 'will own' the flooded areas, one of the 3 main islands, only.

Like the turf wars in Chicago / New York during Prohibition.

Think NML;

NML_4_5c40d8378c47e2.31703614.jpg

Last edited:
If the city is still flooded, then Reeves could take the opportunity to introduce his take on Bat-charges!

Or maybe I just want to hear another villain absolutely freak out and yell "Surface! Surface!"

I'm still really bummed Falcone won't be in the sequel. Turturro played that part so damn good. Sleazy, smooth, charismatic, and you can't help but love him somehow.

I really hope he makes an appearance in The Penguin in flashbacks or even as some sort of psychological manifestation of Ozzy's insecurities that taunts him from time to time a la Joker in Arkham Knight.

I'm still really bummed Falcone won't be in the sequel. Turturro played that part so damn good. Sleazy, smooth, charismatic, and you can't help but love him somehow.

I really hope he makes an appearance in The Penguin in flashbacks or even as some sort of psychological manifestation of Ozzy's insecurities that taunts him from time to time a la Joker in Arkham Knight.
As highly as I sing the praises of all the villains if I had to pick a favourite? Honestly, it probably would be Falcone.

Yeah, he was great. I wanted all the mob bosses to last a little longer along with Penguin to give some longer term structure to the underworld.

As highly as I sing the praises of all the villains if I had to pick a favourite? Honestly, it probably would be Falcone.

Yeah, I loved what all the cast brought to the table, but Turturro was perfect as Falcone. He's nowhere near as flashy or immediately memorable in the way that Dano or Farrell are as Riddler or Penguin, but that understated quality fits Falcone's character to begin with and Turturro gives the film the same sort of presence that Bernard Hill brought as Theoden in the Lord of the Rings films. Honestly the only performance stronger than his in the film is Rob as Bruce/Batman. I love Turturro's performance a bit more each time I go back and rewatch the film.

I hadn't visited the Rataalada site for a long time, and thought this was kinda funny:

<?>

I hope they keep using it for some cool stuff when we get closer to the sequel.

Yeah, I loved what all the cast brought to the table, but Turturro was perfect as Falcone. He's nowhere near as flashy or immediately memorable in the way that Dano or Farrell are as Riddler or Penguin, but that understated quality fits Falcone's character to begin with and Turturro gives the film the same sort of presence that Bernard Hill brought as Theoden in the Lord of the Rings films. Honestly the only performance stronger than his in the film is Rob as Bruce/Batman. I love Turturro's performance a bit more each time I go back and rewatch the film.
I'd honestly forgotten how much of a good actor he is, he played the part perfectly. Man was downright chilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"