The Dark Knight Rises IMAX TDKR Thread - Part 1

Anybody has an idea when advanced tickets will be on sale for the midnight showings?
It will be cool if we can keep this thread up with updates of different movie theaters around the US and their advanced sales schedules.
peace.:yay:

So anyone know if this shirt is confirmed definitely yet? Or if there are other items they're giving out? I can't find anything about this online except this one post.

If you were one of the lucky ones who managed to get tickets for the opening day screenings of The Dark Knight Rises at any IMAX theatre, you'll be receiving this shirt for free:
9nZvc.jpg

Anybody has an idea when advanced tickets will be on sale for the midnight showings?
It will be cool if we can keep this thread up with updates of different movie theaters around the US and their advanced sales schedules.
peace.:yay:

your out of luck for the midnight showings buddy

Somewhere back in the earlier post, someone found a link that basically showed that the above t-shirt was just a design someone whipped up to commemorate the event and that you could from a website. I think it was redbubble.com but I don't see it on their site anymore. It's NOT a freebie. The only freebies that have been mentioned by movie theaters and/or their websites are the poster for the digital marathon and the poster and lanyard for the IMAX marathon. And no, there aren't any images of those yet.

It looks like there's only one screening left for Friday and Saturday in Chicago IMAX and the rest are sold out (and were removed from the listings).

4qdUD.png

ive never been to an IMAX let alone and IMAX dome. soo whats the deal with domes? do they suck and look bad cuz of the curved screen?

so i'm pretty sure midnight showings are sold out nationwide

Doing the Dark Knight Trilogy, July 19th at 6:00pm, in IMAX. TDKR will play at Midnight, cannot wait.

http://www.4-traders.com/REGAL-ENTE...r-Conclusion-of-Dark-Knight-Trilogy-14389929/
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theater circuit in the United States, announces continuous shows around the clock at select locations for "The Dark Knight Rises." In response to high demand for advance tickets, Regal is adding more than 24 hours of continuous screenings at 32 theatres. So far Regal has sold out more than 100 auditoriums for "The Dark Knight Rises" but plenty of tickets are still available. Regal Entertainment Group will continue to add screens and showtimes to accommodate demand as the film's opening date of July 20 nears.

"Weeks before the film's opening, Regal is already seeing incredible interest by Dark Knight fans for premium experiences such as IMAX. To accommodate, Regal Entertainment Group is adding showtimes throughout the night at many of our theatres for Regal's All Knight Long movie event," stated Greg Dunn, President and COO of Regal Entertainment Group. "Our digital cinema platform allows us to quickly add auditoriums in response to the increasing demand for tickets to the midnight premiere of 'The Dark Knight Rises'."

Several Regal Entertainment Group theatres have added shows to extend the All Knight Long screenings throughout the entire weekend. Markets where Regal is offering 72 hours of continuous shows include: Albany, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco. The continuous schedules are only briefly interrupted for staff to prepare buildings for the next audience.
Dayum.

Unfortunately missed out on my local IMAX marathon (unless I was to take the next day off work and go then), but my local cinema is having a marathon of their own that night in their largest cinema, starting with BB at 6pm. Got my spot reserved!

So for any Aussies in the same boat, Village is the way to go!

ive never been to an IMAX let alone and IMAX dome. soo whats the deal with domes? do they suck and look bad cuz of the curved screen?

The domes are made to play OMNIMAX which is 70 mm filmed with a fisheye. I've heard different things about normal imax films being played on them, some people don't mind the curve, others hate it.

still quite a lot of tickets left for the 5am showing at the manchester imax...

LooN

It looks like there's only one screening left for Friday and Saturday in Chicago IMAX and the rest are sold out (and were removed from the listings).

4qdUD.png

you get tixs

The domes are made to play OMNIMAX which is 70 mm filmed with a fisheye. I've heard different things about normal imax films being played on them, some people don't mind the curve, others hate it.

I actually went to my first OMNIMAX at a science center yesterday. The initial impression when you walk into the theater area and the first displays of the movie is stunning, and the curved screen is a unqiue effect, almost like 3D but in 2D is the best way I can think of to describe it. However there are issues in that it is almost impossible to see the whole image at a time and even in a 40 minute science video I still got some vertigo afterwards with a small headache and even feeling slightly dizzy at times for the next hour plus (I don't think I'd be alone in this, since the pre-show intro warned of that).

As a one-time experience it was cool and I'm glad I did it, but I don't see a need to go to an OMNIMAX again (if I want a 3D style IMAX experience, I can get much better one with IMAX 3D at Lincoln Square where the screen size is huge but I can still take the whole image in, and I don't have worry about feeling sick afterwards), and with these issues on a 40 min film I would be wary of seeing a movie 4 times as long like TDKR on such a screen, I would rather see it in film or digital IMAX, perhaps even a regualr theater becuase of the vertigo effect.

I have tickets to the midnight showing at Edwards Irvine, CA which doesn't have assigned seating, does anyone here know what time would be good to show up? I'm thinking between 12-3pm and me and my buddies will take shifts waiting in line while the others eat, etc. But if anyone was there for TDK or any other major releases and knows when the masses will arrive that would be awesome. We could also get a group going now to save seats... Thanks! :cwink:

...does anyone here know what time would be good to show up? I'm thinking between 12-3pm and me and my buddies will take shifts waiting in line while the others eat, etc. But if anyone was there for TDK or any other major releases and knows when the masses will arrive that would be awesome.

Three things -
1. If you get there at noon you'll be fine. I usually show up at 3-4pm and there's 15-20 people in front of me. All the n00bs show up an hour early, and the fools show up 5 minutes early with shocked looks on their faces.

2. If you save seats for your buddies in line, make sure they get there relatively early. There's nothing worse than thinking you're 10th in line, only to find that at 11:50pm 30 people show up and join the party in front of you.

3. Have fun! You'll meet a bunch of hard core Batfans, and hopefully you'll make some new friends. Have a great time. There will be tons of iPads and laptops with Begins and TDK playing, and at least one person dressed as Batman. There might even be a fool dressed as Green Lantern or Obi Wan or something. Your local news will probably show up too. Enjoy it man!

Hay, does anybody know what AMC's exclusive midnight trilogy poster will look like yet? Is it the same as the IMAX midnight showing poster?

Hay, does anybody know what AMC's exclusive midnight trilogy poster will look like yet? Is it the same as the IMAX midnight showing poster?
For us seeing the trilogy in IMAX we should get both posters, if there really is a trilogy poster. TBH, I'd be just fine with the IMAX one.

Is the IMAX poster for midnight showings regular movie poster size? I'd freak!

Mine is giving away a poster, shirt, some unknown third item, free soda refills and coffee :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"