The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd make this thread to maybe bring some sort of closure to the entire situation going on in the TDKR Info Hunters thread.

Having a separate general discussion and speculation thread might be the answer to keeping that thread more on topic for those who don't like the constant diverging of said topic.

Discuss and speculate here. :up:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some sort of mid-air chase or fight sequence. But no Bat-copter. Let him hijack a helo or plane if need be for that specific scene and I'll be happy with it

I don't see Batman stealing one, the other thing to remember is we don't know the plot, there may be a reason within it that Bruce has obtained an attack chopper.

Christopher-Nolan-batsignal.jpg

Part 2!

I don't see Batman stealing one, the other thing to remember is we don't know the plot, there may be a reason within it that Bruce has obtained an attack chopper.

Well with the National Guard possibly being on Batman alert after TDK, there's a good chance they would be bringing Ze Choppaz. Besides that, I'm sure Bats can snatch one for a one-off scene if need be.

I know this has probably been said before but, Nolan looks like he could be playing Harvey Dent in that picture.

Well with the National Guard possibly being on Batman alert after TDK, there's a good chance they would be bringing Ze Choppaz. Besides that, I'm sure Bats can snatch one for a one-off scene if need be.

Can Bruce even fly something? I don't recall them saying he had a license to fly or even alluding to it.

I know this has probably been said before but, Nolan looks like he could be playing Harvey Dent in that picture.

Can Bruce even fly something? I don't recall them saying he had a license to fly or even alluding to it.

He doesn't need a license; he's the Goddamn Batman!

I can see the copters being Drones and remote controlled from a new Bat Vehicle, maybe something akin to the BMW in Tomorrow Never Dies with the phone that served as a remote control device.

Raganork8 said:
I can see the copters being Drones and remote controlled from a new Bat Vehicle, maybe something akin to the BMW in Tomorrow Never Dies with the phone that served as a remote control device.

That could work. Maybe a small copter that detaches itself from the car.

I really do hope we get a new car. I think something smaller and more agile than the tumbler. It would make sense to have something less noticeable now that he is going to be constantly searched for and chased by the cops.

That could work. Maybe a small copter that detaches itself from the car.

I really do hope we get a new car. I think something smaller and more agile than the tumbler. It would make sense to have something less noticeable now that he is going to be constantly searched for and chased by the cops.

True. A car-sized Tumbler would be cool. I would say even something like the old black car with the bat head on the front but that wouldn't be "less noticeable."

Who was the fellow hyper who was on set as an extra for the hospital scene in TDK?

This isn't new or anything, but I thought it was a nice little read; goes among the idea of why I like the flight attendant idea for Catwoman, but my held breath isn't turning me blue. :oldrazz:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/anne-hathaway-latest-don-catwomans-mask/story?id=12725020

Selina Kitt? Just googled that, I thought that maybe I was wrong about her name being Kyle from the begining, but the entire first page was about an erotica writer lol.

Didn't know the flight attendant thing, but I doubt that plays a part in the movie. But Nolan does a lot of research, so who knows.

I dont see a point in Batman having a plane/helicopter. He would loose the stealth factor. And if he's being chased, well, why tell everyone exactly where you are?

When in 2007 were those IMAX production stills released from The Dark Knight? The ones with the bank heist image and Heath being filmed behind a screen.

It's July...can something happen soon...please...and not TWITTER SOON! Like actually soon! hahaha

When in 2007 were those IMAX production stills released from The Dark Knight? The ones with the bank heist image and Heath being filmed behind a screen.

The Joker/screen one has a date of June 1st, 2007 when I checked its Properties on my computer.

That could certainly work, I am just saying that I feel it would make a great action sequence and that Nolan will make it organic however he works it in.

I do think if we were getting a trailer, we would have heard a lot of strong stuff that pointed to it being with HP. You would think more things would come out about it at this time. Especially how it's two weeks away. We pretty much had a confirmation of the TAS trailer being with TF until it was pulled.

Either A) Like Gil said, if they're ready to cut footage for a trailer with HP, they will, I just don't see it happening or B) Nolan wants to be even more secretive and hold off as long as possible until WB is getting on him about it.

Wizard World is a possibility, but I somehow doubt that too. We could get another picture before a trailer. Nolan would be happier with that.

Outside of whatever they filmed at Cardington which we don't know about, it seems that they haven't really filmed any Batman/Catwoman/Bane action scenes yet. Maybe they don't have anything yet that could be worthy for the teaser. It just seems to me that most of the action shots will be filmed either in Pittsburgh or at the LA studio.

I do think if we were getting a trailer, we would have heard a lot of strong stuff that pointed to it being with HP. You would think more things would come out about it at this time. Especially how it's two weeks away. We pretty much had a confirmation of the TAS trailer being with TF until it was pulled.

Either A) Like Gil said, if they're ready to cut footage for a trailer with HP, they will, I just don't see it happening or B) Nolan wants to be even more secretive and hold off as long as possible until WB is getting on him about it.

Wizard World is a possibility, but I somehow doubt that too. We could get another picture before a trailer. Nolan would be happier with that.

There was never confirmation of a Spider-Man trailer with TF3. All the reports went back to that one VFX guy who claimed to be working on the film, but in fact does not.

As for a DRK teaser with HP7, I think it's sure bet; especially since WB wants to take the negative attention away from Green Lantern.

Outside of whatever they filmed at Cardington which we don't know about, it seems that they haven't really filmed any Batman/Catwoman/Bane action scenes yet. Maybe they don't have anything yet that could be worthy for the teaser. It just seems to me that most of the action shots will be filmed either in Pittsburgh or at the LA studio.

The point of a teaser trailer isn't to put footage out, it's to make a visceral announcement of the film for the theater going audience. Hell, some teasers feature special footage that isn't even used for the films themselves. In this case, that could have easily been done when Nolan and Co did the Bane photoshoot months ago

If I'm not mistaken, we really did not know with TDK until a week before if it was for sure. It's been a long while, but it does happen until last minute. A lot of trailers really are not always announced. I think we will get one, but I am just sitting back because yea we may be disappointed, but I see it happening. (crosses fingers)

The point of a teaser trailer isn't to put footage out, it's to make a visceral announcement of the film for the theater going audience. Hell, some teasers feature special footage that isn't even used for the films themselves. In this case, that could have easily been done when Nolan and Co did the Bane photoshoot months ago

True but if they already did something specifically for the teaser then I think they would've attached it with GL. Gil mentioned that they (WB) really wanted to attach something with GL but obviously there was no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"