The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDKR wasn't an Oscar worthy film in any capacity of direction, writing or acting.

You say otherwise, you are a blind fan boy. TDK was a medium changing film with one of the best acting roles of the year in it and deserved to get a Best Picture nom and rightfully deserved a Best Supporting Actor win.

TDKR is not type of film.
Agreed.

TDKR wasn't an Oscar worthy film in any capacity of direction, writing or acting.

You say otherwise, you are a blind fan boy. TDK was a medium changing film with one of the best acting roles of the year in it and deserved to get a Best Picture nom and rightfully deserved a Best Supporting Actor win.

If you say so...

yeah thats debatable, but it really got raped in the technical fields.. i mean no cinematography, sound, editing or visual effects nod !?!? really?

the guys who did the SFX also did skyfall which featured also some crazy stuff and they got nothing out of the two biggest movies of the year, i feel really sorry for them..

Well, what can be said... the movie pretty much got no love this awards season, apart from a few scraps.

A shame really, as its the only Nolan Bat-movie not to be nominated for an Oscar.

Funny how we all claimed TDK was snubbed... well, THIS is snubbing.

Yeah, the tech snubs is the biggest probably. It should've gotten at least two, maybe three but none?

It's done. The film is the film. I haven't watched the Oscars in five years anyway, so no big deal. Still, Lincoln will clean house and it should.

I also like Nolan didn't go for an Oscar-bait film with his next project... Interstellar.

I don't think he has any interest in playing games with the Academy.

But, since WB and Paramount are jointly producing Interstellar, I am sure there will be "for your consideration" posters for Oscars.

I loved Bane's political speech, I almost believed him. :p

Special effects in SkyFall are not good, certainly not better than those in TDKR.

Of the modern Batman movie franchise... only two movies recieved no Oscar nominations.

Batman & Robin (1997)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

:o

I also like Nolan didn't go for an Oscar-bait film with his next project... Interstellar.

And I hope he never does.

Viva la Nolan.

If you say so...

I did.

And TDKR isn't a bigger snub than TDK. A big reason they went to the 10 film nomination format was because of TDK snub, not the only reason, but a big reason.

You people act like its wrong for Nolan to produce a film that isn't Oscar worthy....he isn't above it or anything.

Of the modern Batman movie franchise... only two movies recieved no Oscar nominations.

Batman & Robin (1997)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

:o

ei31n9.jpg

Funnily enough, The Dark Knight Rises is more overlooked at the Oscars than The Dark Knight was, but I'm less annoyed by this snub than I was by that one. Maybe it's because there's more worthy competition at the Oscars this year, or maybe it's because The Dark Knight Rises wasn't as great. Still an excellent film, though, one of the best of 2012. But I think The Dark Knight was this trilogy's best shot at Oscar glory.

Is Kenneth Turan a blind fan boy?

I did.

And TDKR isn't a bigger snub than TDK. A big reason they went to the 10 film nomination format was because of TDK snub, not the only reason, but a big reason.

You people act like its wrong for Nolan to produce a film that isn't Oscar worthy....he isn't above it or anything.

What is an Oscar film anyway? My problem is NOT A SINGLE NOMINATION FOR THIS FILM...NOT EVEN IN THE TECH CATEGORIES.

That's just stupid...

Wait, wait, wait. 'The Master' didn't get a cinematography nod? Alright. Anyways, there are some categories that were a little... baffling.

Costume Design: 'Mirror, Mirror'
Visual Effects: 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
TDKR definitely could have gotten a nod over these.
Even though I loved TDKR, I'm not gonna lie to myself and say it deserved a look for "Best Picture" or anything like that. But come on guys.

Wait, wait, wait. 'The Master' didn't get a cinematography nod? Alright. Anyways, there are some categories that were a little... baffling.

Even though I loved TDKR, I'm not gonna lie to myself and say it deserved a look for "Best Picture" or anything like that. But come on guys.

Exactly. Just a tech nomination. It deserved at least that much. None of us were even contemplating a Best Picture nomination. But Christ, not even cinematography?! He'll, Prometheus didn't get a cinematography nomination and despite one's feelings about the story and characters, was there another film this year more gorgeous than Prometheus?! He'll no!

Christ, Prometheus didn't even get a production design nomination. What the hell?!

Anyways, there are some categories that were a little... baffling.

Mirror Mirror did have some elaborate costumes and Snow White and the Huntsman had some awesome visuals throughout. I would've thought as well that TDKR would get a visual effect nod or maybe cinematography but to me the competition was high.

I don't know about that. I actually thought he campaigned more for TDKR than TDK. He did those Q&A stuff for all the FYC screenings to the different voting branches. First time I actually thought "Oh... he's working the awards rounds this time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"