Inferno

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be a thread for this movie (only two for The Lost Symbol, a movie that doesn't looks likely to happen):

"Inferno" Delayed Nearly A Year

By Garth Franklin Thursday October 9th 2014 05:32PM
Originally slated to open opposite "Star Wars: Episode VII," Sony is pushing the release date of its next Dan Brown novel adaptation right back.
"Inferno," which will be the third film to star Tom Hanks as Professor Robert Langdon, was to open December 18th 2015. Instead, it has been delayed almost a full year and will bow on October 14th 2016.
Ron Howard returns as director on the project which sees Langdon rushing around the likes of Florence, Venice and Istanbul to stop a madman from releasing a global pandemic tied to the famed poem "Dante's Inferno".
David Koepp is penning the script. The two previous Langdon films, "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons," have grossed more than $1.2 billion at the worldwide box office.

Hmmm...IDK why but I have a strong feeling this film will end up not happening.

EXCLUSIVE: Felicity Jones (The Theory Of Everything) is in early talks to star opposite Tom Hanks in Ron Howard’s Inferno. Picture will be the third installment based on the Dan Brown series of novels best known for the blockbuster The Da Vinci Code book and film

In Inferno, Harvard symbologist Henry Langdon (Hanks) awakens in an Italian hospital with amnesia. He teams up with Sienna Brooks, the role Jones is being considered for, a doctor he hopes will help him recover his memories and prevent a madman from releasing a global plague connected to Dante’s Inferno.
Sony Pictures and Imagine Entertainment have enjoyed strong global returns from both Da Vinci Code and follow-up (and prequel) Angels And Demons. Brian Grazer produces alongside Howard. David Koepp wrote the script.
Jones is fast positioning herself as one of Britain’s most exciting young actresses, generating strong notices for her turn as Jane Hawking in Working Title’s awards-season contender The Theory Of Everything. She recently wrapped Autobahn for up-and-coming Brit helmer Eran Creevy (Welcome To The Punch) and is in production on Juan Antonio Bayona’s much-anticipated dark fairytale A Monster Calls.

About time. She deserves to become big.

Omar Sy and Irrfan Khan Join Tom Hanks in Sony’s ‘Inferno’

Omar Sy, “Life of Pi” thesp Irrfan Khan and Sidse Babett Knudsen are set to join Tom Hanks and Felicity Jones in “Inferno,” the next installment in Dan Brown’s Robert Langdon series for Sony.

Ron Howard is returning as director, producing with Brian Grazer through their Imagine Entertainment banner.

In this latest installment, Langdon finds himself in a hospital room in Venice as well as the target of a manhunt. With the help of Sienna, a nurse, and his knowledge of symbology, he will try to escape while they have to solve the most intricate riddle Langdon has ever faced.

David Koepp adapted the script. The pic is set to bow on Oct. 14, 2016.

“We’re thrilled to be making a third Robert Langdon film with Ron, Tom and Brian,” said Doug Belgrad, president of Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group. “’Inferno’ will deliver all of the excitement, intrigue and international adventure that audiences expect from a film based on Dan Brown’s huge-selling Langdon book series. We can’t wait to see this character back on the bigscreen.”

Michael De Luca and Andrea Giannetti will oversee the project for Columbia Pictures.

This franchise has already delivered for Sony, and the studio is hoping for the same with “Inferno.” “The Da Vinci Code” grossed $758 million worldwide while prequel “Angels and Demons” grossed $486 million worldwide.

Khan can be seen next in “Jurassic World” and is repped by Gersh and Brillstein. The CAA-repped Sy’s past credits include “X-Men: Days of Future Past” and “The Intouchables,” and he can be seen next in the untitled John Wells drama.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/irrfan-khan-tom-hanks-in-sonys-inferno-1201368940/

[YT]IQzmluj_mI0[/YT] I just got done reading that part. LOL

Some behind the scenes pictures of filming.

[YT]XQKllL9xXl4[/YT]
[YT]CQjaNq5divI[/YT]

I just finished the book. I liked it a lot better than "The Lost Symbol". Glad they're doing this one first, should be exciting and interesting. I have no idea how TLS can be made into a good movie.

I don't mind this series. They're unpretentious treasure hunt movies.

is Dan Brown a mason? I listened to the audiobook of Lost Symbol and the book to me seemed like an apologetic for free-masons (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it made the book disappointing.
so much time was spent talking about how they are normal people, and then the worst part, the big evil plan, is to show a video that makes them look cultish but they're really not. really lame
edit: just googled and apparently he's not one

I don't mind this series. They're unpretentious treasure hunt movies.

The thing is, they're anything but pretentious. That's why a lot of people started mentioning how Da Vince Code was one of the best books done in recent years. The plot isn't exactly self-aware like Indiana Jones or National Treasure.

Not sure how I can handle Robert Langdon without stupid hair.

I haven't gotten around to Inferno, but I wasn't crazy about Lost Symbol. It was so slight.

EDIT: The villain is called The Provost? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
I forgot this was even being made. The Lost Symbol was so s***ty, it put the films in limbo.

Is this directed by Brett Ratner?

large_r95GzuoTcN4y63mIU9PLLWe28lH.jpg

Looks good. Also excited for the Hans Zimmer score, love the Robert Langdon theme.

So, what would you do? Throw it or let the human race go extinct?

I'd ask to be one of the people that die then throw it. Reason being is I know it is needed, but I don't think I would be able to live with the guilt of killing half of the world and seeing all of that pain around me as well as most likely in my own family as well.

On the other hand, I bet it's a ruse that turns out to be false (haven't read the book, it's just - without God contacting people directly or as a bush, it's just one man's insanity).

Kind of a long wait for this sequel huh? The last one came out in 2009.

Well, they were going to make The Lost Symbol,but Howard didn't want to do it and they couldn't nail down a replacement.

Next thing you know,
Howard is back and he wants to do Inferno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"