Inferno

Apparently the third book, "The Lost Symbol", is god awful. Not surprised the studio skipped that one.
I was very glad that they didn't adapt The Lost Symbol.
I was not a fan of that book.

I liked this one a lot more than the first trailer.:up:

[YT]RH2BD49sEZI[/YT]

Me too, it looks like a good old fashioned race against time thriller with some history and mythology thrown in.

So, who is getting hyped for this?

1 month left before it hits (in the UK). I sometimes forget that it exists, but occasionally pops up in my mind. I feel like the marketing is almost non-existent for it.

As for the film itself, I am excited as I once started reading the book, but never finished it (read only the first 20-30 pages). So I am entering the cinema without knowing anything about the story. Should elevate the enjoyment :)

I recently watched these films. Angels & Demons is so bad it's good.

Ewan McGregor's character is hilarious, from that accent to the helicopter scene and it looks like he's actually taking the part seriously.

Whats wrong with the helicopter scene?

Well, he parachutes away from a black hole above the Vatican…

Well, he parachutes away from a black hole above the Vatican…

Its not a black hole.

Antimatter/matter reaction doesnt create black holes. An antimatter/matter reaction causes annihilation. And I dont mean annihilation in laymen terms. I mean the scientifically understood term annihilation. Mass is converted to pure energy and a burst of radiation is released. Its the most violent reaction known to modern science. Thats what happens when the cannister battery dies and the antimatter falls out of suspension and touches the inside of the container. The female scientist explains it early in the film.

Last edited:
I must have missed her explaining it in between all the other billion lines of exposition. :o

I love Angels & Demons. I don't care for it's prequel though.

I like both films. The Da Vinci Code far more, though. Angels & Demons feels a bit... emptier and soulless.

So, who is getting hyped for this?

1 month left before it hits (in the UK). I sometimes forget that it exists, but occasionally pops up in my mind. I feel like the marketing is almost non-existent for it.

As for the film itself, I am excited as I once started reading the book, but never finished it (read only the first 20-30 pages). So I am entering the cinema without knowing anything about the story. Should elevate the enjoyment :)

Few people are hyped for this movie. It seems in the last seven years some have forgotten why.

Angels & Demons - 37%
The Da Vinci Code - 22%

Angels & Demons Box Office
The Da Vinci Code Box Office

Are we all just going to ignore the fact that these films were terribly reviewed by critics? Or how about audiences in the US largely rejected Angels and Demons. The film did about half the business Da Vinci Code across the board.

Quite frankly, making a third Robert Langdon movie at all is somewhat questionable considering the response and reception that Angels & Demons received.

Is a near eight year break really going to re-energize the franchise?

I never knew the reviews were that bad. Wow.

This movie's gonna flop. It's too bad. They should have gotten it right with The DaVinci Code. Though I do enjoy that movie. They captured the fun absurdity of the novel very well except it's not a very well made movie.

Even if it flops Im happy to be getting another one. Three films in a series such as this is a good number. Besides, the only other book for them to adapt is the worst of the bunch and shouldnt be adapted so the financial sucess or failure of this film really doesnt matter to me.

Even if it flops Im happy to be getting another one. Three films in a series such as this is a good number. Besides, the only other book for them to adapt is the worst of the bunch and shouldnt be adapted so the financial sucess or failure of this film really doesnt matter to me.
I am right there with you.
Looking forward to the film.

Few people are hyped for this movie. It seems in the last seven years some have forgotten why.

Angels & Demons - 37%
The Da Vinci Code - 22%

Angels & Demons Box Office
The Da Vinci Code Box Office

Are we all just going to ignore the fact that these films were terribly reviewed by critics? Or how about audiences in the US largely rejected Angels and Demons. The film did about half the business Da Vinci Code across the board.

Quite frankly, making a third Robert Langdon movie at all is somewhat questionable considering the response and reception that Angels & Demons received.

Is a near eight year break really going to re-energize the franchise?

I never knew the reviews were that bad. Wow.

Same, I'm surprised to see those. I never cared to see Angels and Demons and I probably won't see Inferno since I thought The Da Vinci Code was a bit meh, but I don't remember the reviews being that bad when it first came out. Then again, the book was huge at the time so that movie was more or less critic-proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"