Inside The Poster's Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it has been a few days I am just informing you all that a new interview should be coming way its week, I'm just waiting for a response back from a few possible interviewees.

trustyITPS1.gif

vicon1.jpg

Season III: "Snooch to the Nooch!"

Welcome to Inside The Poster's Studio: Season III. I am your host yet again, trustyside-kick. Today's guest is actually someone who I'm surprised didn't show up sooner. For some reason, in the back of my mind, I had thought that byrd beat me to this person when he had the reigns of this show during Season II. But after I went through byrd's little web of interviews (which should be updated and re-organized byrd!), I was delighted to find this poster had yet to have been interviewed. With us today Venom160.

trustyside-kick: Welcome aboard, V. And am I proud to point out that I was actually able to find a time to interview you, when you weren't stoned. Let me tell you how relieved that makes me. I can only imagine how hard it would be to interviewed a guy who just smoked a few.

Venom160: *lights up* Wait what?

trusty: Now, before we begin I'm going to have to be firm about this V. Don't smoke, else you want to share.

V: Ah ofcourse my friend. I've brought plenty.

trusty: ...****. I thought you were one of those stoners who would cringe at the thought of sharing their smokes. Uh...do not smoke in here...please?

V: Party pooper....*puts it out*

trusty: You know, there's an electric cigarette you can get nowadays. It's sort of like the chewing gum or the patch. Only, you know...it works. Hella expensive though. Perhaps you could invest in that and give up the nasty habit?

V: Nah I don't got for that fancy crap. Just give me some good hash, some papers and you won't hear a peep from me.

trusty: Well then, let's move on shall we? I'm curious, V, because I know you've been in Marvel for quite some time. When did you first join the RPGs and why?

V: Well for the longest time I had really just been a lingerer. You know loungin around checkin out any info on the upcomming superhero movies and that. But one day I stumbled across the "New and Improved" Marvel RPG. I started reading some of the posts and really started getting into it. Now I really wasen't much of a writer (still isn't) but I decided towards the end of the season to give it try. I know it's not the most exicting explaination but thats pretty much how it happened. I shudder when I go back and see those first few posts.

trusty: So you joined the RPGs doing the first Season of the previous Marvel RPG?

V: Yep yep. Pretty much at the halfway point of Season 1.

trusty: And who was your first character? I can guess who, but for all I know they may have been taken.

V: Suprisingly enough it was Sabretooth.

trusty: Huh, not who I was going to guess. So when did you come around to picking up Venom?

V: Hell I didn't pick up Venom until Season VII. Or was it Season VI? Damn I gots to cut back.

trusty: Oh wow. Well, just goes to show how little I knew of the Marvel RPG before I joined before it rebooted. Well, was there any particular reason? Was the character taken? I guess I'm just so surprised from your username. I would have imagined he was your favorite and I knew you've played him recently at least.

V: Yeah he was taken at the time so I started going through other possible characters. At the time I was considering Wolverine but was shot down again due to him being taken. So I figured that I'd go with someone who was pretty much exactly like Wolverine. But don't get me wrong Venom was/is/and will be my favorite character.

trusty: So when you finally were able to get a hold of the character, it felt pretty good? After all, you waited for 5 seasons practically.

V: It was awesome man. I love playing with the duality of a character and with Venom and I had the perfect toy to play with. I was really dealing with two seperate charcaters. One being Eddie Brock and the other being the symbiote.

trusty: With all the work you did, how did you feel about the Marvel RPG reboot? Especially when you only had the character you longed for for so long for about a season and a half.

V: Well I wouldn't say I was a hundred percent behind the idea but I saw the nessicity behind it. If something wasen't done we woulda ended losing that rpg. Plus I wasn't so worried about losing Venom as I was losing all I've done with Scarlet Spider.

trusty: Did you decide to keep the cannon you previously had established for both Venom and Scarlet Spider? I understand that was an option available to the posters who would be playing still after the reboot.

V: It was Electro UK had left that option on the table to any who wanted it. I really didn't do anything significant with Venom that was worth keeping and SS's story was so intertwined with Spidey's that I don't think we coulda kept it.

trusty: Ah, so entirely fresh new start eh? Well, do you find yourself going the same direction? Or at least do you plan to with those two characters in the near future?

V: Well I have pretty much dropped Venom. I have a general direction that I would like to go with Ben Reilly but I really haven't been able to get into the right mind to actually post. I've mad acouple posts but nothing too major. I really have been focusing my attention to Ultimate Marvel.

trusty: You seem to be quite the Marvel RPGer. While I do recall you entering the Ultimate DC RPG as both Two-Face and The Scarecrow, are you a Marvel Zombie?

V: I'm very much a Marvel Zombie (great minis by the way) but with what has happened in Ultimatum I'm starting to stray.....

trusty: Stray...towards DC? :D

V: Oh I have. Been reading most of the Batman stuff (Batman, Robin, Nightwing, BM and the Outsiders) and I've also been reading Teen Titans.

trusty: Then why, sir, may I ask have you not applied for the World of Heroes: DC RPG? :cmad:

V: Honestly.......I'm intimidated. :csad:

trusty: Intimidated by what?

V: My knowledge of the DC universe is very limited. I have more knowledge of the DC animated universe than I do about the actual comic universe. Plus I still can't wrap my mind around the whole Multiverse concept.

trusty: Let me you in on a secret: I was the same as you when I first joined. My knowledge was limited to Batman, and anything else was DCAU knowledge, and I too was confused with the Multiverse. But it didn't matter. Don't let it stop you.

V: Hmm.....I may have to go give it a try. Nightwing is aweful tempting.....

trusty: And awfully taken. Blame byrd.

V: BYRD!!!!!!!!

Again I have been thwarted by the Byrd Man. Well Robin would still be cool....

trusty: Nuh-uh. Catman_prb.

V: :dry:

trusty: BUT! I do recall you saying you read Teen Titans? Our infamous roster had taken an unexpected turn and Cats is looking for some PC players. Also, you read Batman and the Outsiders? Some potential there as well.

V: I could definitely go with one of the Titans. Red Devil is quickly becoming my fav character of the team.

trusty: Contact Cats and I'm sure you can arrange something. Well, onto a few more questions. I think I've advertised the DC RPG quite enough.

V: lol yes I believe so.

trusty: In all your RPing experience, what has been the most fun arc you've had your hand in?

V: Well I'd say it would be a tie between The Ultimate Clone Saga and the Rumekistan Confrontation. Ironically both in Ultimate Marvel. These two arcs were beyond amazing and I was truely honored to have taken part in them.

trusty: Care to share and expand on a few of the details of the arc? Not familiar with Ultimate Marvel.

V: Well Ultimate Clone Saga was a redo of the Clone Saga that had happened in USM and had introduced Spiderwoman, Tarantula, Kaine, Scarlet Spider, Scorpion, and Spidercide as clones of Spidey created by Miles Warren (with assistance from Scarlet Spider) to kill Spidey. As the way it usually goes it doesn't go as planned. I know I'm not doing the arc justice with my description but it was epic.

trusty: That's ok. What made that arc so great for you?

V: With with the Clone Saga it was really how unique each clone was differant yet totally similar. Each one seemed to have gained a specific aspect of Peter's personality and expanded on it. Spiderwoman = Obviously Pete's feminine side, Tarantula = Peter's humanity (which was ironic considering he was the most mutated) and so on. Major props goes to the players that had played them. (Syn, Eddie Brock, SSF.)

As for the Rumekistan arc. *whew* Thats a whole 'nother story.

trusty: Well what was it about the Rumekistan arc that made it so appealing for you?

V: It had basically decimated the X-men. I mean cut them to the very core hurting them badly that they're still suffering from the fall out.

trusty: Ah. Well, you've seen then come and you've seen them go in all your years of being a member of the SHH RPGs. Who has been the most fun to work with?

V: Noon hands down. If it wasn't for her Dazzler I would have dropped Angel a long time ago.

trusty: Anyone you regret not having the opportunity to work with yet?

V: Though I've already worked with them alittle I would love to have the chance to work with Master Bruce and Twilight some more. Not to mention some of the playas in 616 Marvel right now (Electro UK, Bkhdr, and you ofcourse).

trusty: I'm not currently in 616 Marvel, but thank you. I was briefly before I realized I didn't have it in me to stick around Marvel. Hop on over to DC and we can talk though. :cwink:

V: Ah I see. I am definitely considering booking over to the DC rpg and trying my hand over there. Might read up some more first.

trusty: Honestly, if there was a DC character not taken in the RPG that you were interested in but didn't know about enough? I'd go check out wikipedia and read up on them. You could then hop in, apply, and then ask if the character has been used as a PC or NPC or what not, and we'll be there to let you know what events are in cannon or not.

V: Hmm I didn't think of Wikipedia.

trusty: Yea, it isn't a bad source for what we do. But uh...I forgot this is an interview not a recruiting office, so...which of the fine RPGs we have here in the Basement would you say is your favorite RPG?

V: I think it safe to say the Ultimate Marvel is my favorite. That is the only RPG that I will never leave. It would take something in the extent of losing my hands to keep from playing there. Though I'd prob learn to type with my feet for that RPG.

trusty: Ok, now picture this: you are promoted to the new Mod for the RPGs. Master Bruce was...I don't know, arrested for stealing goats. You now reign supreme over us all. I'm talking GOD-concept here. What RPG would you create were you declared ultimate dedication and loyalty?

V: The Heroes RPG. No doubt about it. I know that the show has gone downhill but that RPG had tremendous potential. Plus I enjoyed playing Sylar so much. Plus the idea of me having that kind of power is ***** inspiring.

trusty: Wait, Sylar's powers or the kind of RPG Mod powers I bestowed upon you for the duration of this question?

V: Both. *evil eyes*

trusty: Ah, well then...creepy. So, imagine you still have those insane Mod RPG powers. What is one character you'd allow yourself to play? There are no boundaries. Heck, you could play a teletubby in the DC RPG if you wanted to.

V: I think I would bring Sylar into the Ultimate Universe. I say Ultimate simply because that Universe is still in it's infancy. I think if he was thrown into 616 Marvel or DC he would get ass raped big time.

trusty: Well from what I understand, you can play Sylar or a Ninja Turtle in the "From the Pages Of..." RPG. Ever take a look at that?

V: I have played Sylar over there but sadly I had lost intrest in that rpg. Is it even still around? I never go into the misc. RPG section.

trusty: Yea, it's still there I believe. Well, it's about time to wrap this baby up. Is there anything you'd like to say to the readers before we end this thing?

V: If you see someone carrying an ax down the street don't poke him with a stick. Thats how I lost my friend Stumpy.

trusty: Stumpy?

V: Long story. I'll tell ya sometime.

trusty: Fair enough. That's it for tonight's Inside The Poster's Studio. See ya around, V.

V: Goodnight everybody! *lights up*

Finally. GLad to see you got your interview, Venom. Good one, you two. :up:

Good interview guys.

And you better get your ass into the Misc section, Venom. We need Sylar back in "From the Pages Of...".

Or, hell, come over to OU and get some DC experience. We could use a good villain *coughVenomcough*

I plan to have another interview sometime this week. Been swamped and stressed.

Aha!! I like this interview section. Excellent way to get to know the players who've come along since I was last a regular. Great concept!!

Looks like there's plenty of reading in my future...

trustyITPS1.gif

blicon1.jpg

Season III: "NOOB!...no more"

Welcome to Inside The Poster's Studio: Season III. I'm your host as usual, trustyside-kick. Sorry I was a little wait on the delivery date of this interview. Planned to have it done next week, but you know how scheduling conflicts can occur. With us tonight is the poster first known as xman:blacklight...Blacklight.

trustyside-kick: So, BL. Welcome aboard. I know you've been anticipating this interview for quite a while. Sorry my schedule didn't coincide as well with yours as we had initially hoped it would.

Blacklight: It's no problem, my friend. I too have been havingquite the hectic schedule as of late.

trusty: Well as I made it obvious above, you are yet another poster who went through a name change at some point of your SHH career. Given you intially had "xman:" before your namesake, I guess you're a pretty big fan of the X-Men?

BL: Oh yes. Not so much the third movie, but I am a big fan of everything ELSE X-related.

trusty: Given your previous username, did you always envision your made-up character Blacklight to be a member of the X-Men? In the Create-A-Hero/Villain RPG you are one of its most loyal of members.

BL: Well, let's just say that over the years (at least since I was 13, which coincidentally is when BL got his powers in the RPG), I've come up with several different versions of Blacklight, one of them being one placed in the Marvel Universe and him being a member of the X-Men. However when I first joined CAH, I decided to use the version of him that had an X-Men-esque team of teenagers that go with him on adventures. Although pretty soon I have plans that'll involve resetting his continuity, as I feel that it's WAAAYY to convoluted for anyone but myself to understand. Kind of a "One More Day" for BL of sorts.

trusty: Where do you feel you went wrong with BL's continuity?

BL: First off, I didn't PROPERLY do his origin. I ended up doing it in a flashback, as I have with every other heroic milestone in his story. I want to rectify that. Second, besides the love of his life from his Vernova days, Kristi, I haven't done a good job at all integrating his supporting cast into his stories. Lastly, I've come to a realisation that almost ALL his supporting cast have powers and know his identity. That I REALLY want to rectify the most out of everything. So after the Invasion, you can expect to see some big changes in BL's world. Think of it as a new "Year One" for him. I'm not doing this because I regret the stories I've done with him either. I'm doing it because I love the character (he is an emulation of myself after all :oldrazz:) and I want everyone else to love him as much as I do.

trusty: When you first joined the RPGs, you had a bit of a rough start. What kept you from being discouraged from the games?

BL: Essentially it was just determination. I have no other real explanation. I mean I think I might just be one of those types of guys that when something really intrigues me, I just have to do it (even if there's consequences, something I realised at school MANY times :csad:), as the RPGs had intrigued me at the time.

Although for the record, I would be lying if I said that it wasn't partly because I wanted to stay just to prove some of the people who thought I was just an idiot n00b wrong. But hey, I guess it all turned out for the best.

trusty: What was the first RPG you joined, and why did you pick that particular one out of the variety of RPGs the SHH forums offer?

BL: Well, I can answer that question in more than one way. The first RPG I CHOSE to join (and desperately TRIED to join) was Ultimate Marvel, mainly because at the time the Ultimate Universe was my favorite. The first game I JOINED was CAH with BL, and then the first RPG I was ACCEPTED into was Heroes vs. Villains as Black Panther during the infamous Civil War arc.

trusty: Wait...what?

BL: I knew that would confuse you. :csad:

trusty: It sounds like CAH was your first, but you then say the first RPG you got accepted in was Marvel. Yea, I am confused. Do you mean you applied to CAH before Marvel but got accepted in Marvel first? But technically you applied to Ultimate Marvel first.

BL: Yes. I turned in applications for all three games at the same time, and because Ult. Marvel didn't like my smaple (Didn't even really know what a sample WAS), they rejected me (and did so NUMEROUS times after), then Marvel accepted me as BP, then CAH (after I dited my app per their request) accepted me as BL shortly after.

trusty: Ok. Well, of all the RPGs you have been a member of which would you say was your favorite? At one point, it was like you were portraying 17 characters at a time.

BL: Heh. Yeah I had a little too much free time. :O

I actually don't really have a favorite. I love ALL the games, past and present, that I've played so far and still play.

trusty: I see. Well, is there one character of all the
characters you have portrayed that you feel the most proud of?

BL: I actually LOVED my brief tenure as Ultimate Spider-Man, even though to me I felt as if I didn't really get to play Spider-Man, and I more or less played Peter Parker and his alter-ego at the time, Ricochet. Despite that though, I still had the most fun I've ever had telling a story. Dissappointed that I lost him when the game rebooted, but oh well. I guess I have to wait for him to be open again. Then of course there's my OU Kyle work and Blue Beetle stuff in DC.

trusty: Backtrack a second. When did Ultimate Marvel reboot?

BL: A few weeks ago. The game was dying. There was only like 3 posters were left playing, myself included, so they rebooted the game in order to gain more players. They did, and when the game restarted, Matt Murdock's Spider-Man app was chosen over mine, Syn's and Harl's, so now he's Spidey.

trusty: Oh wow. I had no clue. That really surprises me given that of the two Marvel RPGs, the Ultimate RPG seemed to be springing with action.

BL: and last season, it was. But I guess when regular Marvel rebooted, the normal players seemed to migrate over to that game instead. But everything happens for a reason I guess.

trusty: Indeed. Well, let's say you were able to shape the Basement of the hype to your will. You could do anything. What is one RPG you'd reboot to how you see fit OR what is one RPG you'd create?

BL: Hmm...I think I would make a new Multiversers game. One that would live and you could play any character not from 616 Marvel or New Earth DC.

trusty: Which character(s) would you play in that RPG?

BL: Goku, Danny Phantom, Scorpion and Link from the Legend of Zelda to name a few. and a few alternate universe/Elseworlds characters as well. "Speeding Bullets" Batman comes to mind, as well as Gotham by Gaslight Bats.

trusty: Lately there has been an uprising of RPGs being suggested where the GameMaster of the RPG is quite literally the master and has full control. He controls the pace of the game pretty much as well as the very story of the RPG. How do you personally, being used to the way most SHH RPGs are, feel about such an RPG?

BL: I don't much care for them, to be honest. It's why I'm not a member of any of them, personally. I always believed the GM should have just as many rights as the regular players, and I HATE when GM's bend the rules for their OWN interests. Players should have a fair chance, and GM's don't have the right to stomp on them.

trusty: Well we shall see how those RPGs work out.
Of all the RPG posters you have had the opportunity to trade e-pens with who would you say you had the most fun working with?

BL: Again that's a hard question for me to answer, because most of the characters I pick don't have that many oppurtunities to interact, however from the interaction with other players that I've had already, I have to say I've liked interacting with ALL of them. Everyone on the boards is a great writer, and to work with any one of them is a fun experience for me.

trusty: Anyone you regret not having the chance to directly work with yet?

BL: Harlekin. He's like... the ONLY person that comes to mind when I think about players I have yet to play with. I really really want to interact with him, but I guess we're both always wrapped up in our own stuff that we haven't been able to discuss any way we could. Of course it doesn't help that I don't have his MSN address. If I did, we'd probably would've done a story AGES ago.

Not to mention he thinks I'm a cool dude, as do I of him. He's one of the BAMFs of the RPGs if I ever met one.

trusty: BAMFs? I'm not too familiar with a lot of internet slang.

BL: Badass motherf***er.

trusty: Ah...see that came to mind after I thought for a while but when I read "BAMF" anywhere I first think of Nightcrawler. :clown:

BL: :oldrazz:

Common misconception, my friend. :)

trusty: Well, you witnessed the coming of the Dark Alliance II in the DC RPG and from my understanding prior to the reboot the Ultimate Marvel RPG just about had an RPG-wide huge arc each Season. How do you personally feel about such large scaled arcs?

BL: I loved the Dark Alliance Part Deux. It is by far one of the best large scale arcs ever. None of the Ultimate Marvel huge scale arcs even compare to DA2 (no offense), but that IMO is because there literally WAS one EVERY season of Ult.Marvel, whereas DA2 didn't have so much going on before annd after it.

In general though, my thoughts on large scale arcs is that when done IN MODERATION, they're f***ing epic. But they lose ALOT of luster when there's one every season. I hope that the rebbot doesn't suffer that same dilemma, even though I don't play that game anymore. Although I would like there to be A game to come back to.

So again, IN MODERATION...

trusty: Sounds about right. Something can be great, but do it too ofter and it loses its luster.

Before we conclude this interview, is there any shout out you'd like to give your fellow posters?

BL: Yeah. Make love, not Warcraft. :up:

and Byrd will be back sooner than you think, so prep your bunkers.

trusty: Yes, I believe have all made the necessary preparations for what is to come in 10 days. And to those that haven't...well...you're just dumb.

See ya around, BL.

BL: Good day, my Aquaman-fan friend.

And since byrd never updates the first page with Season III of ITPS, below are links to the first 10 episodes of this Season for those who may not be familiar with the previous interviews including tonight's interview.

Inside The Poster's Studio
Season III

Hosted by: trustyside-kick

Ep. 1 - "Seconded" - Catman_prb
Ep. 2 - "Dangerously Cheesy" - SenseiofCheese
Ep. 3 - "?" - The Question
Ep. 4 - "I liked Spider-Man 3" - Eddie Brock
Ep. 5 - "FUATHURIO!" - Byrd Man
Ep. 6 - "The Merc with a Mekong" - Syn (Mercenary)
Ep. 7 - "This, I command!" - bkhedr
Ep. 8 - "Identity Crisis" - Matt Murdock
Ep. 9 - "Snooch to the Nooch!" - Venom160
Ep. 10 - "NOOB!...no more" - Blacklight

Well, I'll say this much...everyone makes it through their first season alright. It's the second one that gives you hell. Remember that, Leno.

Just want to let you guys know that I dig the Poster's Studio. It's amazing how much a players posting style differs from one's own 'speaking' style. But then, that's what's so cool about Role Playing, eh?

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the compliments, Blacklight. I do think you're an all right guy.

*dreams of the day he qualifies for a posters studio*

Ok ok ok...this time I REALLY do have an interview set in mind. And luckily I see this poster online enough to know I can deliver the next interview in good time.

Already spoke with Byrd 'bout this. I have nothing to talk about :O

In fact I'd like to do it just to see what title and picture I'd get at the top of the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"