The Hype RPGs 2010 Awards!

This one took me by surprise, thanks, guys. I also wanna say congrats to all of our winners. There's been some times where I've sat back and wondered if anyone even read my stuff but now I know that's not the case. I really apprec--
kanye.png

Is it too late to change my nomination for Best Post?

And today is the grand finale

Lifetime Achievement Award
RPG of The Year
(Presented by Andy C.)
Misc. MVP
DC MVP
(Presented by Catman_prb)
Marvel MVP
Overall MVP

I'll start it off with the first award....

Life Time Achievement Award

Most people think of a Lifetime Achievement award as being the sign that the winner is over the hill, a has-been who's just getting a pitiful pat on the back. With this award, that couldn't be farther from the truth. This award is presented to the RPer who has contributed so much in the past, but continues to contribute. Look at our last winner, Keyser Soze. He was awarded the last award and since then he has went on to write some of his best work, from Harvey Dent in OU to Hal Jordan in WoH.

It's my hope that the award winner will take this trophy and be inspired by it to push the envelope and continue to work and strive to surpass his already stellar work.

And the nominees are...

RPG Lifetime Achievement Award:

Batman

Keyser Soze

Watchman

Byrd Man

Spike_x1

MST3K_4ever

Harlekin
And the Hyper goes to....

2010RLAA.png

I'd like to start by giving a heartfelt "Damn you all!" for making me feel old and useless. :cmad:

Nah, but seriously. It's been a long six years since my initial days as an amateur writer looking to play Nightwing in the second season of WoH, and you guys have made me feel welcome every day since. It gives me great pleasure to know that I'll always have a place here, because even in the few times I've flirted with the idea of dropping out of the games altogether, your collective generosity has made me strongly reconsider and continue to develop my craft. I consider you guys to be as close of friends as any other I have, so I just want to thank you for your support. I'd have never been able to win this without you guys continually inspiring me to get off of my lazy ass and write, so I extend this awards' kudos to all of you. May the last six years be only the beginning of my stay. :yay:

Also, I can't thank you enough for not turning me into the feds for my sexual lust for goats. Really, that means alot.

Seriously. Please don't turn me in. :csad:

In this basket of RPGs we have here in the Basement if each person were asked, they could pin point and narrow down to one game that is there favorite. Not saying it is easy, but we all have that soft spot for that one game that is special and dire to us. We pool in our best writing, putting our hearts and souls into that one special game. And when enough people feel the same about that one game, that RPG starts to shine above the rest.

The nominees for RPG of The Year are:
RPG of the Year:

One Universe RPG

Ultimate DC RPG

All-Star Marvel RPG

Create-A-Hero RPG

Word of Heroes DC RPG

Hype Horrors 2
And the winner is...
2010RPGOTY.png

Misc. MVP

Seriously, whoever named this section of the RPGs "miscellaneous" was ****ing right. The combined universe of DC and Marvel, created superheroes, Jedi and Sith, zombie killers, and a whole bunch of weird and far out RPGs in between. The MVP of the misc. section has to not only be excellent in one type of RPG, but many different ones. A true jack of all trades.

With that said, here are the nominees.

MVP (in Misc):

wiegabo

Carnage27

NiteMare Shape

trustyside-kick
And the award goes to...

2010MISCMVP.png

MVP - DC

I know that DC has been the area that I've been most involved with during my time in the Basement, and things look like they're about to be shaken up with the rapidly approaching final season of the World of Heroes. Ultimate DC has already been voted the best game of the year, and no doubt both of these can be attributed to the winner of this years MVP. Without further rambling, the nominees are:

Batman

Byrd Man

wiegabo

Watchman

And the winner is...

Oh Jesus ****ing Christ, not another one
It's...the Byrd Man
2010DCMVP.png

Well I didn't ****ing vote for him.

Booo!

Thanks for giving UDC it's props, guys. I've long said that I've had nothing to do with it's recent success, and I stand by it. The only thing I ever did was read a Wizard article for an Ultimate DC universe proposal back in 2005, and say "Golly, that'd be a swell game". Little did I know that after two and a half seasons worth of a rough start, we'd finally get something well above and beyond my expectations with the reboot. From Cats' corrupt, grief ridden Jim Gordon to Byrd's often fun rendition of The Flash, the game's chalk full of rich and engaging characters and exciting storylines that I could praise all night long. With any luck, we'll be a serious contender for next year's, too.

Thanks everyone who voted for me as DC MVP. As I said earlier, my work as a GM is a fraud! Trusty, wieg, and MB are the real stars of the DC section! As for my writing, I could be a lot better with my ideas, follow through, and basic writing skills.

Anyway, for our next to last award.

Marvel MVP

Marvel, The House of Ideas!

While the past few years the comics produced by Marvel have been a bit on the meh side, the Marvel RPG section continues to crank out excellent story arc after story arc. The Heroes vs. Villains RPG has been on a major slump as of late, but All-Star Marvel has picked up the slack and has been one of the most solid RPGs to come on to the hype in years. That success has a bit to do with the passion and drive of our MVP.

Before I give any more hints, here are the nominees

MVP (in Marvel):

bkhedr

Andy C.

Spider-man9x17
And the Hyper goes to...

2010MARVELMVP.png

Overall MVP

Well, it's come to this, the final award of the year. It's already been said many times, but let's take a moment to congratulate all of the deserving winners. Each and every trophy was given the fairest of treatment and the carefullest consideration, so I think the ceremony was more than a success.

Alright, now that we got all of that bull**** out of the way, let's talk about the MVP. The top dog of these boards. A player whose contributions are so great and whose support may very well have kept these games afloat longer than they might have stayed without their presence. Though they started out as a lowly player looking to write for crazy men in spandex or crazy women in leather, maybe even the weirdo alien here and there in between, they rose to prominence and earned their level of respect across this community through hard work and sheer comradery, the very essence that these awards are made of. And when the day comes that this person leaves us, there'll be a deep void that may never be able to be filled.

The nominees for Overall MVP are,

Overall MVP (in all categories):

Byrd Man

Andy C.

Keyser Soze

Batman

wiegeabo

And the winner is... me!

I'd like to thank everyone personally for giving me this prestigious honor. Truly, it was...

2010OMVP.png
SON OF A B****! :cmad:

Thanks, everybody. I really don't know what more to say. I guess that, while you voted me the MVP, I want to say that it is all of ya'll who are the real MVPs. Without all the people who make the RPG section. It's all of us who make this a community, not me. Without the people who came before me and the people who came after me, there is no Hype RPGs. It's because of all of you that I have a place to pass the time. Without the hype and you all, I'm just a weird dude sitting at his house yelling at his dog to post with no outlet for his partially racist and bigoted thoughts.

So to all the newbies, oldbies, and everyone in between, thank you.

Also, step up your game, ****ers. I'm getting tired of this ****. :cmad:

:argh:

RECOUNT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT!

I kid, I kid. Congrats to the winners. All great work from everybody.

But really I knew I should have put out more.....

:word:
:argh:

RECOUNT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT!

I kid, I kid. Congrats to the winners. All great work from everybody.

But really I knew I should have put out more.....

do you really think sex is the answer?

(the word you're looking for is 'yes')

Congrats to everyone who won, and thank you guys again for the awards that I won as well. Also, sorry I wasn't online in time to give out the Best RPG Award (and not just because I would've cheated and said that ASM won)

I didn't win one ****in' award!?

Kidding.

Congrats to everyone who won! I look forward to another great year in 2011, and of course the final year of RPGs in 2012(and life as we know it) as we prepare for the 2012 apocalypse.:awesome:

2012 will be the year I win every award. Byrdpocalypse, *****es.

*walks onto the stage, trying not to cry*

Thank you! Thank you all! I know, I deserve this :awesome:

Firstly, I'd like to thank Johnny Blaze for starting great games and bringing me on as AGM for each of them. Then abandoning his role in a drunken, hedonistic, global binge, giving me the chance to stage a coup step into the role as GM. Literally every game I'm a GM is because JB flaked out.

Secondly, I'd like to thank my AGM's in the games who help or helped keep them going when posts were slow, and even went out and recruited new players, often behind my back. (I'm watching you people, I'm not as easy to take down as JB :cmad:)

Third, I've got to thank all the great players who buck convention and participate in the the side-games. Who take the chance to push the envelope and break out of the classic comic storylines. Without your participation, there'd probably be only three of us, outside of CaH, just fanwanking all over the place. And I know just how much MB hates cleaning up the mess.

Congrats to all the winners. It was an honor to have been nominated. Let's go the after party and have fun!

Roses are red. Violets are blue. I didn't win jack...so hey, **** you! :woot:

Seriously though, congrats to all the winners, you guys earned it.

As a treat for the winners, here is a little somethin' somethin'.

2010winAVY.png

A 100 x 100 avatar for winning.

Sweet. I'll change my avatar right away!

It's approaching midnight here on the East Coast and the new year is nigh. NIGH, I TELLZ YA, NIGH!!!!

Anyway, congrats to all the winners in '10. It was a heck of a year, and may '11 be even better.

OOC Awards

Overall MVP (in all categories):

Byrd Man

MVP (in Marvel):

Andy C.

MVP (in DC):

Byrd Man

MVP (in Misc):

wiegabo

RPG Lifetime Achievement Award:

Batman

RPG of the Year:

Ultimate DC RPG

Best Game Master Award:

Byrd Man

Breakout Player of the Year:

Rain Dog

Most Improved Player:

sabetoonth

Best Newcomer:

Bounce

IC Awards

Best Multiple PC Story Arc:

The Night Sal Maroni Died (Batman, Spike_x1, Eddie Brock, et al, UDC)

Best Solo Story Arc:

Ultimate Holiday (Byrd Man, UDC)

Best Hero:

Spider-Man (Andy C, ASM)

Best "Walking The Line" Character:

Edward Nygma (Byrd Man, UDC)

Best Villain:

Bane (Spike_x1, UDC)

Best Developed Character:

Spider-Man (Andy C., ASM)

Best Team-Up:

Wonder Woman & The Flash (Andy C. & Byrd Man, UDC)

Superman & Batman (Eddie Brock & wiegabo, OU)

Best Fight:

Batman vs. Bane (Batman & Spike_x1, UDC),

Darkseid vs. the DCU (Watchman, Keyser Soze, Andy C., et al, WoH)

Best Post:

Tough Love by Keyser Soze

UDC's Final Montage Pt. 1 Pt. 2 by Batman, Eddie Brock, Syn (Mercenary), Andy C., Bounce, et al

Is it to late to give an acceptance speech?

Too bad I'm giving one anyway
Well, I really just gotta say thanks, I had never RPed before I came into the Hype basement, I've had one hell of a stay, and I can only see more good things on the horizon. Byrd, EBJ, Andy, MB..you guys are like my RP idols I can only hope at this point that I one day am as good as you guys are. Its those aspirations that get me to try new ideas, new characters and new things in general.So, looking at the new year, (Insert witty sign off here.)

....The spelling and grammatical errors were kept to a minimum.

Who the **** are you and where is toonth?! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"