Interstellar - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, all those years Nolan was making Batman films, he never shows up at Comic Con. Now that he's done, he drops by and makes a big splash. I love this guy.

Nolan is LOLin' :D

Hahaha, all those years Nolan was making Batman films, he never shows up at Comic Con. Now that he's done, he drops by and makes a big splash. I love this guy.

Thank you, you're too kind! :hrt::woot:

Nolan has this troll thing down pretty good.

Haha indeed. Nolan's been trollin' and he's lolin' while we're all... droolin'.

Seeing that trailer on that screen with that many people was beautiful.

What was the trailer like man? What did you see?

Megan Fox got put in her place pretty quick...

http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/new-interstellar-trailer-christopher-nolan-comic-con.html

You know that Comic-Con is about to spring some surprises on you when they've got Megan Fox up on the dais at Hall H, yet they start rushing her off after five minutes. "Why can't the audience have more time to ask questions?" asked a confused Fox, who was at Comic-Con to promote Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles — ostensibly Paramount's biggest coming attraction here — and had barely spent any time on stage before the studio terminated her Q&A. The unofficial reason for Fox's quick hook came later in the Paramount panel, when two unannounced guests appeared and immediately became the stars of the show: Matthew McConaughey and his Interstellar director Christopher Nolan, Comic-Con virgins both.

LOL, poor Megan. The girl can't act for crap but still... that's kinda mean.

Yeah, someone who wants to do a service to the fans, **** her. :o

Also indicates what Paramount thinks of the two movies. The one that comes out very soon got short stick and shuffled off the stage to make way for the one that doesn't come out for 4 months.

Why even have Megan Fox show up if they booted her for those two lol

I'm no fan of Megan Fox or that Turtles movie she's in but that is kind of crappy.

But I guess Nolan coming down from the mountaintop takes all precedence. I honestly never thought he would show up.

Also indicates what Paramount thinks of the two movies. The one that comes out very soon got short stick and shuffled off the stage to make way for the one that doesn't come out for 4 months.

I think Nolan definitely has a "VIP" status and I'm sure Paramount is thrilled with the movie and to have him on board, but the TMNT movie is definitely important for the studio too. There's a potential franchise riding on it.

I think Nolan definitely has a "VIP" status and I'm sure Paramount is thrilled with the movie and to have him on board, but the TMNT movie is definitely important for the studio too. There's a potential franchise riding on it.

That's what I mean though. Even with those things and the fact it comes out in 2 weeks, they still scrapped the panel and kicked her off stage much quicker than anyone in the room expected. If anything they need to be promoting that film as hard as possible.

If they had the Ninja Turtles movie to end all Ninja Turtles movies, I don't think this would have played out like it did. Speaks to a lack of confidence in what they have with this new attempt at the Turtles franchise.

I don't know, I mean I definitely agree...they SHOULD'VE been pushing it as hard as possible but I'm not sure I'm willing to read into this that far at this point. The marketing push everywhere else has been very hard, it as all over the Nick Kids Choice awards, TV spots galore, viral marketing, etc. I think they're as behind the movie as they need to be. I really think this was just a case of Elvis suddenly showing up.

I don't know, I mean I definitely agree...they SHOULD'VE been pushing it as hard as possible but I'm not sure I'm willing to read into this that far at this point. The marketing push everywhere else has been very hard, it as all over the Nick Kids Choice awards, TV spots galore, viral marketing, etc. I think they're as behind the movie as they need to be. I really think this was just a case of Elvis suddenly showing up.

How could Elvis suddenly show up? Did they not have a schedule in advance?

Fair point. I guess what I'm getting at is they might've been anxious to get "The King" out there, which speaks more to their faith in him/Interstellar than a lack of faith in TMNT. You could even argue that them being willing to cut the Q&A short is in fact a sign of confidence in TMNT, since even if they had 0 faith in the movie they' wouldn't have much to lose by letting that Q&A run.

Or, redfirebird could be right. Definitely not out of the question, just not sure I'd go that far based on this one incident.

How could Elvis suddenly show up? Did they not have a schedule in advance?

They had a schedule. My guess is the earlier panels ran over time and it came down to either Megan or McNolan. They chose the latter.

The Turtles movie looks like total garbage anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"