Interstellar - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, for some reason it doesn't seem like it's coming out as soon as it really is.

You can see Tars walking at the 40 sec mark:

[YT]r1Amsgu7lNE[/YT]

http://youtu.be/r1Amsgu7lNE

You can briefly see him and the crew at the 29 being knocked around.

One of the youtube commenters said he's being voiced by Bill Irwin

Last edited:
From Empire. Nolan on Tars and Case:

The director said, "It has a very complicated design philosophy. It's based on mathematics. You've got four main blocks and they can be joined in three ways. So you have three combinations you follow. But then within that, it subdivides into a further three joints. And all the places we see lines, those can subdivide further. So you can unfold a finger, essentially, but it's all proportional." Actor Bill Irwin voiced and physically controlled both robot designs, but his person was digitally removed from the film and his voicing for CASE was replaced.

The Ronnie's 20 Cine in St. Louis County has an IMAX that is equipped for both film and digital. They played The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises on film. Recently I shot them a message over facebook asking what format they would be playing Interstellar in. They actually messaged me back saying they were still waiting to hear a final decision on that front from the distributor powers that be.

That robot looks like the Monolith got a few more points of articulation.

monolith_figure2.jpg

I'm glad they are keeping the robots away from the trailers as much as possible. They are going to be a huge surprise.

I'm glad they are keeping the robots away from the trailers as much as possible. They are going to be a huge surprise.
I'm glad you just told me, cause I had no idea until now. :dry:

I'm really excited for the robot(s?). I love the design.

The part in the first TV spot where John Lithgow is sweeping the entrance of the house is the first time I truly realized that Nolan isn't using Wally Pfister as the DP. Every other shot has the signature Nolan "feel" to it that you can trace back to Following. But the aforementioned shot, its composition and color palette is unlike anything Nolan or Pfister has created.

Okay, both of the shuttles used to traverse the planet are damn cool looking. Why couldn't the ugly Bat Lobster look half as good?

Hey now, who you callin' ugly? :oldrazz:

Last edited:
This is the first in a long time I've resisted watching tv spots for a film.

The movie is just too close and too good looking for me to spoil anymore.

This is the first in a long time I've resisted watching tv spots for a film.

The movie is just too close and too good looking for me to spoil anymore.

I'm feeling the same way. Watched one tv spot and thought it might be better to hold off on the rest.

Normally, I watch the **** out of TV spots for films I'm hyped for. I even did that with Inception and TDKRises. I'm opting to NOT watch anymore footage until the release date for this one.

Lego Interstellar Trailer SIDE BY SIDE Comparison
[YT]watch?v=uHG1qHDD_2s[/YT]

Yeah, I dig those automatons. I suspect they'll become pop culture icons if they garner enough interest.

Still not impressed, and the robot walking looks .. goofy no other way to say it, it looks like a LEGO walking. Will have to see more of this movie but the plan still makes no sense, but its desperate times so they will try anything to survive no matter how implausible it seems. The visual are impressive but as all Nolan movies its always looks souless, i dont know if its the filters or whatever he uses it just always comes out sterile for me, personal taste i guess. Still im always curious about space so will see were it goes, but so far not very impressed

They couldn't have done too much more to make it feel authentic. The world is dying they need to find new resources or maybe even a new home. How does that plan make no sense?

the logistics make no sense, you find a habitable planet (God knows how with our current technology) so what then? you have to yourself travel back, and then select very very few people to travel to this new planet again (with some unknown type of traveling, and in a ship with very limited size for transportation), and then re establish a new colony.

The problem is that if that's the plan then humanity has the capacity to travel to remote systems and has access to incredible sources of fuel and flight capabilities. So how the flying hell are we in the border of extinction with such power? why wasn't this plan put in motion a long time ago? you don't build this things in one day, the technology had to exist for a few years at least, even in a cruder way. Did they have to wait when all was lost to display this insanely advanced technology? It makes no sense, maybe there is a reason in the story but from the trailers and the spots that seem the mission , to re colonize other worlds. No wonder we at the edge of extinction with such plans in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"