Interstellar - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Poland already posted a negative to Rotten Tomatoes. Embargo busted. Poland couldn't hold out any longer, lol. Not surprised he didn't like it.

Him and Jeff Wells, I can't figure out anymore. Not saying he's wrong because I haven't seen it yet but those two have just had really interesting reactions to films I'd figured they'd love. I use to be able to guess them from film to film.

No more.

Him and Jeff Wells, I can't figure out anymore. Not saying he's wrong because I haven't seen it yet but those two have just had really interesting reactions to films I'd figured they'd love. I use to be able to guess them from film to film.

No more.

All I know is both of them are extremely cynical and that is not an exaggeration at all. Their day to day writing reveals that. I'll judge the movie for myself.

The Playlist gave it a D, Devin Faraci thinks it's ambitious but flawed, and Jordan Hoffman is giving it a "good, not great" review. I haven't seen a rave review yet.

that's it. I'm not watching it now. I will only watch it if it get a 94% on RT. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Playlist gave it a D, Devin Faraci thinks it's ambitious but flawed, and Jordan Hoffman is giving it a "good, not great" review. I haven't seen a rave review yet.

Dave Calhoun from TimeOut gave it 5/5, but that's the only rave so far. Hollywood Reporter sounds very mixed. I'm intrigued to see it. Sounds like it's not an easily digestible movie.

I just find it interesting that so many "regular people" (ie not critics) could rave about it on Twitter and then the critics come in to give it negative reviews saying it's too ambitious? So....too ambitious for the critics but just fine for regular folks?

I do feel like part of the insta-negative-review (coughDavidPoland) is a reaction to the raves.

that's it. I'm not watching it now. I will only watch it if it get a 94% on RT. Nothing more, nothing less.
Do you only watch movies that are as good as TDK? :huh: Quite a standard you've got there.

Did you see any movies at all this year?

I seriously hate all you make-believe film fans staring at critics rating percentages. I think this is the last movie message board I'm going to before release, it's making me depressed.

I'm glad this is dividing people, it's how challenging Sci-Fi is supposed to be made, not catering to the academy voters, and not made for easy digestion by the masses.

I was going to see Gone Girl, but just when I was heading for the theater, it dropped to 93%, so I changed my mind.

I seriously hate all you make-believe film fans staring at critics rating percentages. I think this is the last movie message board I'm going to before release, it's making me depressed.

I'm glad this is dividing people, it's how challenging Sci-Fi is supposed to be made, not catering to the academy voters, and not made for easy digestion by the masses.

I take it you're one of these "If I don't understand it, it means it's a masterpiece" kind of guys.

I swear, I have never seen a movie in my life with less than 94.1% on RT, and I'm glad I didn't. I don't have time to lose with lesser entertainment.

I take it you're one of these "If I don't understand it, it means it's a masterpiece" kind of guys.

I swear, I have never seen a movie in my life with less than 94.1% on RT, and I'm glad I didn't. I don't have time to lose with lesser entertainment.

Not even close. I'm more like one of those I'll see it and make up my own damn mind kind of people.

Gone Girl was the best movie I've seen this year so far, a perfect social satire, and no movies from my top 10 last year even broke your magical 94% mark. But by all means keep relying on bloggers' opinions it'll get you far in life.

Um...then why are you here on SHH talking about films? :huh:

I think only TDK and Avengers (at least at one point) have gotten more than 94% on RT in terms of CBMs.

If your time is as precious as you say, you shouldn't have time to lose by posting about lesser entertainment. :o

I was expecting the mixed reviews but the ones I were counting on raving this were mixed/lukewarm at best. Odd!

I just find it interesting that so many "regular people" (ie not critics) could rave about it on Twitter and then the critics come in to give it negative reviews saying it's too ambitious? So....too ambitious for the critics but just fine for regular folks?

I do feel like part of the insta-negative-review (coughDavidPoland) is a reaction to the raves.

I will be curious to see it myself and to see how it performs at the box office. Nolan is a talented but flawed filmmaker and I think he has bit off more than he can chew in recent years. I really wish he would go back to the smaller scale stuff.

IMO Nolan should just direct and leave the writing to someone else. Having read the 2008 draft and seeing these reviews, most of the stumbles are almost entirely due to Nolan's "tweak" on the script. I don't think scale is an issue for him.

EDIT- Chris Nolan, that is. :p

If PTA loved it then it can't be bad.....then again he did call Little Nicky a masterpiece...WE'RE DOOMED!

All I know is both of them are extremely cynical and that is not an exaggeration at all. Their day to day writing reveals that. I'll judge the movie for myself.

You are correct in their cynacism.

IMO Nolan should just direct and leave the writing to someone else. Having read the 2008 draft and seeing these reviews, most of the stumbles are almost entirely due to Nolan's "tweak" on the script. I don't think scale is an issue for him.

EDIT- Chris Nolan, that is. :p
:funny:

That's the thing - I read the script and I actually wasn't blown away. I was looking forward to see what Chris has changed. I guess we'll just have to see.

:funny:

That's the thing - I read the script and I actually wasn't blown away. I was looking forward to see what Chris has changed. I guess we'll just have to see.

[BLACKOUT]When it was known Murph's role was expanded, I got worried.[/BLACKOUT] There's absolutely no need for there to be another subplot in the movie.

I wasn't expecting this to be honest. I'm still excited as hell even more so just because it's so divisive it seems.

I saw one reviewer call it "absured."

If you can't even spell absurd, you probably shouldn't be reviewing movies.

[BLACKOUT]When it was known Murph's role was expanded, I got worried.[/BLACKOUT] There's absolutely no need for there to be another subplot in the movie.
Well, the most obvious thing would be that
Murph's daughter's contribution would be taken out and it would be Murph him/herself (given the gender change) making the most important discovery.
Not an unreasonable thing to do. I guess we'll just have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"